Thread: OFAB Armor

OFAB Armor

Most OFAB items are now tradable [no longer nodrop], so why are the terminals to buy ofab armor still profession locked?

I'd like to buy my doctor's ring with my fixer's points...
    Threeze - 220/24/69 Neutral Fixer [Old New E], [Old Old E]
    Threezeley -220/17 Neutral Meta-Physicist
    Maytricks -218/18 Neutral Doctor
    Beautystrike -150/00 Neutral Nano-Technician
    Bloodred -150/05 Clan Agent
    Optimize -147/05 Omni Bureaucrat
    Maytri -120/02 Neutral Engineer
    Oneze -74/07 Neutral Fixer

cuzz BS will be inundate whit CC profesion only
    Shade lover (trox all the way :P)

If they do open the shops to other professions I think they should add to the cost. (Like 30% or something )

To give reason to go BS on those profs?
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Never seen anyone selectively get onto a character, due to the victory point stores for the OFAB Armor.
    Last edited by Notnotnotnod; May 31st, 2011 at 04:16:06.

Don't see why not.
    If that prof doesn't want to farm the vp he can just buy it from another char with that prof. so why not make it possible to be able to buy from all prof's shops.

And yes, maybe with some % added cost. Hacks-tax
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

They are locked because it a mmorpg game and you should interact with other people from time to time.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Saying that unlocking the battlestation terminals, would cause the game to have no player interaction is a pretty funny argument. Or, even implying it would be a legitimate step in that direction.

I agree that BS shops should be open for all profs, nano shops are open for everyone so why not these too? If I want to use my highlevel char to farm VP for a lower level alt I should be able to do that and not farm creds to buy it from someone else.. Farming VP on some BS ranges are just not an option cause of little or no BS activity.

Quote Originally Posted by shishu View Post
    cuzz BS will be inundate whit CC profesion only
    That.

BS will be crowded with NT's and Fixers farming points. debump.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

I'm curious to know how removing the profession lock would affect BS activity especially at the ranges outside of the xxx-150 and 215-220 ranges.

I mean all of those 'leveling characters' that PvPers seem to complain about in BS (and similarly that complain about having to attend on non-PvP chars) wouldn't really have to go at all if they are alts of 220's because the geared up 220 could just farm all of the VP in the 215-220 BS range.

Would be interesting.. though I think the unintended side affects with such a small community might not be worth the initial convenience.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I'm curious to know how removing the profession lock would affect BS activity
    Not activity but profession variety.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    Not activity but profession variety.
    Yeah I saw that comment earlier in the thread.. I wasn't curious about that.. I was curious about the effect on the activity level.. which is exactly what I stated Thanks for the attempt at correction though.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata