Thread: Setup for S10 Keeper ?

Setup for S10 Keeper ?

What kind of setup should 150 Keeper for S10 and able to solo nicely ?

hmm I went with crit setup, melee init, evade close, NR and a nice big excal.

works pretty well. I average about 40% crit or so in there. and if I'm playing hard and paying attention, I can just bomb through at about 50% agg and be chomping away at 1-1.

AC's are great, plus evades, plus reflect procs and 13% graft, you can just solo for a loooong time with no fuss.

solo-ability is about 30% setup, 20% timing, and 50% how many illari+ankari decide to agg you. If you fail, it's about 50% chance that you agged one more nuker than you could handle. Everything else is simple stuff like RRFE ran out.

Otherwise, you never die, and damage is very good.

Well atm have Perfect Alien Armor, COTE, 3 of the Alien Devices and QL200 miy armors and yet got my arse handed from the first few mobs at front gate

well, I'll give you a few pointers then.

Keepers are tricky because you got no DOF/Limber, so you got to use different methods of damage mitigation.

Here's the easiest/fastest/cheapest methods to get efficient sooner than later.

1. buy yourself a hacked boosted graft: lesser deflection shield (extended)
    2. get yourself havor reaper
    3. use this perk setup: 4 reaver, 5 blessing, 6 coon (5 or 6 blessing/coon, as long as you got CT both work), 8AI COHI, 8CONC, 1 crusade
    4. get yourself QL 200 Flurry of blows
    5. get a massive stack of QL 150 first aid stims
    6. get a big stack of the cages from dude at entrance

Ok, those are the cheap fixes.

here are the SKILL tips.

1. cycle your defences (coon, Dev armour, CT) if in continual combat, OR, pop coon and rush... eliminate attackers while top defences are up.
    2. FAST KILLS IS A DEFENSIVE MECHANISM!!!!!! <-- pop FOB, alpha vectors and mobs that use nukes (illari/ankari)
    3. you will be able to tank physical damage mobs longer than others - but physical damage wears you down - use your alpha/FOB to increase your chance of procs, then use evades as a greater defensive mechanism.
    4. swap items to use top buffs (I use IGOCS/VTE's to cast top buffs with zero IP in nano pool, and I don't have a token board... I'm nuet on this keeper, with TB should be much easier)
    5. grab OSB's. They never hurt. RRFE+behe+mop+GSF+omnimed+hot+Off steamroller all are good.
    6. pull mobs at start to unicorn dudes to clear a space, make a rhythm. rhythm is necessary for keeper because we have extremely limited defences, and, you are not advy.

Upgrades:

1. priority should be HP+AC's+evades first.
    2. Offense is second
    3. using lowbies nanos is for wusses
    4. specialize. go for nano init (alien reflex, COH collar, PATA, sac ensigns, Pen ofab chest, Pen ofab sleeves, Larm symb, feet symb, leg? symb), go for NR (infused compiler, Morphing mem, Fractured nightmare rings, COH collar, NR1?), go for evades (Pen ofab pants, Notucom, Rarm AAD imp/feet AAD imp, token board, etc.), go for crit (AI scope, goddess boots, pred circlet, IGOC's, OSB's: MOP, TTS, sabre)

specializing is key to make your playstyle work for you. If you play with someone else, use their strengths to compliment your weaknesses and vice versa.

HF!
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Aug 25th, 2011 at 08:08:13.

This too complicated atm for me and really stressing my brain but really hard for me to do all that since im new to keeper past 130
    Last edited by Falados9; Aug 25th, 2011 at 09:17:33.

hahahaahahaha!!!!! thank you your last post was so funny

I like to see the different approaches to keepers in S10 and it makes keeper rather interesting this level. McK has a very offensive and aggressive approach to his and it will work well if you are attentive and experienced.

If you are new and haven't mastered the subtleties of keepers at TL5, then I would recommend a very passive defensive setup. Perk AoR, equip armor and gear for evades and run your heal aura (you can start with predator armor, move up to goddess and optimize with OFAB pants later). Start with AI sword, get excal when you can afford it.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Mind you im an atrox >.> but do have copy of exaliber, QL190 Miy's tank armors and few AI Devices (3 of em)

Tabq afk?

Alien Tank would be better than Miy's no? Can pick those up for like 2.5mil and just get a tradeskiller to do the armor mats for you.
    Storm
    Fixyourwhat 220/24/67 Clan Fixer
    Dewmd1 150/20/42 Clan Soldier [e]

Quote Originally Posted by fixyourwhat View Post
    Tabq afk?

Alien Tank would be better than Miy's no? Can pick those up for like 2.5mil and just get a tradeskiller to do the armor mats for you.
    By "Tank", Falados means the Tank series of Miy's armor. There is no Miy's backarmor ingame.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

so i recently rolled a keeper. got random 205 cc parts lying around that i can use on him (everything in the setup i am posting i have except scrotucomm, excal, comm relay, symbs, and the boots which are supple atm)

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=176808

any suggestions on what to improve/change? i dont wanna spend too much money on this toon (700-800m tops preferably, as im currently ass-broke) so trying to cut corners where possible

particularly wondering about symbs/imps. what slots do i use custom imps? what slots do i use symbs? do i use infantry or support? do i need a lot of ncu or can i get away with ivc/hardcore cpu/mm/s7 dmg ncu's? green or purple hud? do i need scrotucomm or can i get away with prisoner/ai tank?

what about them?

I went with crit setup on my 150 keeper and a combination of CM/ofab.

I used mostly infantry symbs everwhere since I didn't want to IP parry/riposte.

pen ofab pants, goddess boots, pen ofab chest, the rest CM/CC is decent. but, even with CM my HP is kinda weaker than I want it to be. I'd be careful about using CC instead of CM.

with a 11/12 crit scope and goddess boots and no OSb's, 2x igocs, and QL 200 FOB I hit 33% crit on gen farming, up to 40% when killing regular mobs. makes it go quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Falados9 View Post
    Ql200 imps bro
    If you're looking for something cheap and need more def try those items: The Third Eye of Daria, Boots of the Dancing King, Living Dragonskin Legs Armor. With rk1 prices thats about 100ish evades for less than 5m.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

225 ofab wolf mk6 ODs excal i think.

Bit harder to equip ofc.