Thread: change in the way pvp flags work

change in the way pvp flags work

A few minutes ago while passing near a flagged omni whit my omni engi who had running in ncu Sympathetic Entropy Infusion got me flagged for 1 min .

PvP Enabled
    NaCost: 0NCU cost: 998
    Duration: 00:01:00

when aura refreshed again flag did to on me . I canceled aura..no more flag

intended?

Also i used Bio Rejuvenation , that got a flag on me also , so whit this part of healing a flagged player you get flagged to i agree but the other one ...

Well all actions to a flagged player SHOULD result in flag to avoid pockets, i see no issue in that... As a engi you should know better then to run through cities with auras on your pets ^^

The alternative would be if you could set a PvP-enabled tag on your pet and the aura only kicked in on flagged people then... But that would probably take weeks to code ^.-

Its ashame but theres no real solution to your problem =/
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

He's talking about the FRIENDLY auras like dmg buff, not blinds/snares.

I like the idea that voluntarily buffing a flagged player exposes you temporarily, but things you can't help from landing on other players without being a total inconvenience, like these auras, should be exempt.
    Because Race Yalm

I agree with the mechanic of this, but yes if you are the innocent bystander just walking through, it does seem unfair. Unsure of how they can track or if it can be tracked with this games ancient programming to be able to tell.

Spell effects can check all sorts of variables on a target when determining whether or not it will affect them, I don't see why flag status couldn't be one of them.

This change makes no sense. you flag accidental auras but not intentional healing , wheres the docs flag?
    Last edited by Nac714; Oct 8th, 2011 at 13:24:46.
    RK2:

Fireal - 220/21 Solitus Soldier
    Aspairus - 220/18 Opifex Fixer
    Zomgdead - 220/13 Solitus Engineer

I ve tested this
    * with heal : no flag
    * iHM : no flag
    * other crat aura : no flag
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

lol FC must really hate engi's
    RK2:

Fireal - 220/21 Solitus Soldier
    Aspairus - 220/18 Opifex Fixer
    Zomgdead - 220/13 Solitus Engineer

Lol i assumed it was all buffs, both hostile and friendly..
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

wow

I ve jsut tested it

Normal PvP flag is unchanged, but tower flag (and the flag you get by shop lifting daily) DOES flag a healer/aura giver for 1 min !

So .. FC ... why not on normal flag ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

I think beneficial (thus not hostile) auras should only effect people in the same "state" as you.

So, if you're unflagged, only unflagged people benefit from it, flagged people will get em if you're flagged as well.

And please take out the flagging possibility from beneficial auras. This is stupid. I've done an inf mish, and everyone in team was flagged and noone could get rid of it. And flag refreshed on everyone at another time, so when we were done, we exposed ourselves in inferno to stupid gankers.
    220 opi RK1 keeper § 220 opi RK1 Doc § 220 opi RK2 Fixer
    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We usually call it WTF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rerolll View Post
    Well...when a momma envy and a daddy envy love each other very much...well...ask your parents.