Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John Smith

John Smith

edit: I've completely failed to read, sorry. >.<

• You can now ask John Smith for up to 3 Battle Station daily missions per day.

I thought "yay!!"
    Logged in and got the first mission, the battle station one. It prolly won't run. But i can get 3 of them, so i start from the top and upload all of them.

/Mission uploaded

John Smith: Whadda you want, punk?

Me:

- Can I ask you something?
    - Goodbye

Why don't you guys implement the things you say you are?
    This could've actually meant some bs runs happening again by accident. (people uploading this as a spare and signing in hoping for some good luck)

Or did we have to complete it before we can get a new one?
    Because that kinda kills the reason we asked for the possibility to upload multiple missions from John (with a shared timer).
    Guess the shared timer isn't there, which is good for us

Now we only have to be able to do what you said in the patch notes.
    Last edited by Xatgunner; Dec 14th, 2011 at 22:40:53.
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

You are perfectly able to do what they said in the patch notes as you can do 3 BS missions per day now.
    I fail to see a note claiming anything else.
    The mark of a truly superior player is the use of his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skill.
    Jensenberg - Crat | Equip |
    WeylanYutani - Enf | Equip |

It's like I said, the FC patchnotes require more interpretation than the bible.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Patch notes don't require any interpretation for the daily mission, it clearly states battlestations, nothing else, it doesnt say 3 pvp missions or one of each type. It says battlestations.

Yes they do! Because the point isn't that it's not "scout towerfields" or whatnot, but that it's "battlestations" and that you can't pull all 3 at once! Like it said in that interpretation of the patchnotes, while another interpretation might read "you can pull a new BS mission everytime you finish the one you were on".
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Yes sorry for some people they have to use crayons and draw pictures to illustrate the meaning of a simple and understandable comment in the patch notes. It only says battlestations and per day, it doesn't say you can only get 3 missions at a time, no it says per day.

The notum miner mission only gives VP now. When finished you can get another mission, I presume on the 2nd and/or 3rd attempt you will get some XP too.

When people are referring to "BS missions" are they referring to all three John Smith PVP dailies?

Do all three dailies share the same mechanic?
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Only the Battlestation daily can be taken three times.
    The first run gives you XP/Tokens/VPs, the second and third runs only give you VPs.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

I don't think you're right. When handing in the notum miner daily John Smith asked if I wanted another mission. I declined as I had to log but I assume if I had said yes he would have asked me to choose another mission.
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

I said yes, he didn't give me one (basically said no sorry dude). Not that it's a big deal, but I got shafted out of a chunk of xp because, yes, the notum miner daily no longer gives XP. Thanks for the patch notes! Or is this a bug?

That should be reported as a bug until someone from FC can comment and state if the change was intended, and if so why it was not included in the Patch Notes.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Elithas View Post
    I said yes, he didn't give me one (basically said no sorry dude). Not that it's a big deal, but I got shafted out of a chunk of xp because, yes, the notum miner daily no longer gives XP. Thanks for the patch notes! Or is this a bug?
    the notum miner gives xp and token but by the kill from the last miner

Hmm I didn't notice that! Will have to try again tonight.

Yeah I must also be a moron and didn't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    The notum miner mission only gives VP now. When finished you can get another mission, I presume on the 2nd and/or 3rd attempt you will get some XP too.

When people are referring to "BS missions" are they referring to all three John Smith PVP dailies?

Do all three dailies share the same mechanic?
    You're wrong. I did the notum miner daily yesterday, and instead of going back to the bar dude you get the xp directly when you have killed the third miner, and when you return to the bar. You get your VP reward.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I thought the point was to increase the population of BattleStations by providing additional incentive to people to join BattleStations through VP rewards in order to rectify the problem of many people abandoning doing the BattleStations PvP mission after the introduction of the other PvP missions.

If so, why doesn't FC allow you to complete *ANY* of the available PvP missions first, *AND THEN* allow you to pull the BattleStations mission 2 more times.

I know lots of people who dislike PvP who have been selecting the alternatives to BattleStations to get their XP/VP/Token reward. The net result for BattleStations is the loss of the casual and non- PvPers who used to join BS for the XP/VP/Token reward. At the same time I also know most of them are in constant need to complete or refresh their OFAB gear, and could probably be enticed to join BattleStations if given the opportunity earn additional VP after having completed one of the other missions.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    You're wrong. I did the notum miner daily yesterday, and instead of going back to the bar dude you get the xp directly when you have killed the third miner, and when you return to the bar. You get your VP reward.
    Yes that was established 3 posts above yours

Not sure what to say ... i did have to try it today , i did pick tower as my first mission....
    i did it and return to John Smith for the report, and try another /diffrent mision (for some vp) and i could not get any other mission....so i think if its gonna work then u might have to do em in a special order...
    Quee

Quote Originally Posted by Carlonel View Post
    Yes sorry for some people they have to use crayons and draw pictures to illustrate the meaning of a simple and understandable comment in the patch notes. It only says battlestations and per day, it doesn't say you can only get 3 missions at a time, no it says per day.
    I'm such an idiot not reading the word "battlestation" in the notes >.<
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lliers View Post
    I'm not 100% sure about this, but I thought the point was to increase the population of BattleStations by providing additional incentive to people to join BattleStations through VP rewards in order to rectify the problem of many people abandoning doing the BattleStations PvP mission after the introduction of the other PvP missions.

If so, why doesn't FC allow you to complete *ANY* of the available PvP missions first, *AND THEN* allow you to pull the BattleStations mission 2 more times.

I know lots of people who dislike PvP who have been selecting the alternatives to BattleStations to get their XP/VP/Token reward. The net result for BattleStations is the loss of the casual and non- PvPers who used to join BS for the XP/VP/Token reward. At the same time I also know most of them are in constant need to complete or refresh their OFAB gear, and could probably be enticed to join BattleStations if given the opportunity earn additional VP after having completed one of the other missions.
    Exactly.

The BS change has not resulted in any change in the frequency (or lack thereof) that I attend battlestations. So if the idea was to entice those of us who flocked to the other John Smith choices back to the BS daily.. epic fail. Why? Because the primary reasons why I didn't do BS in the first place are still there: BS not running consistantly, getting invited to BS and then kicked out because not enough of the opposite side.. those problems need to be resolved before I will gamble my daily VP reward.

But, as Llier stated, if I could do the tower tagging mission and then go pull a battlestation mission.. I probably would pull that battlestation mission just for VP on a toon I'm farming VP on. I mean ultimately I'd have nothing to lose (i.e. not risking my John Smith daily timer being way out of sync with my other daily timers due to it taking soooo long to get into a BS round) and everything to gain (more VP and maybe a little fun) by signing up for a battlestation VP only secondary daily.

And Funcom, if you implement this, then please make sure that the lockout timer for BS-VP Only #1 and BS- VP Only #2 are seperate from the barkeeper lockout so it doesn't end up screwing with me doing my normal SK/Tokens/VP John Smith daily the next day.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Dec 14th, 2011 at 22:51:34.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast