Thread: Inferno boot parts not dropping

Inferno boot parts not dropping

Hey there everybody,

I have spent the past few days trying to farm parts for a set of inferno boots, and i've never had such horrible drop luck with the inferno boot parts. I have tried to find the part underwater the slithers normally drop, and they are not dropping, and the amulant that should be dropped by rancid has yet to drop with several attempts as well. I havn't really tried the blood tubes yet, as this really is normally a very easy part to get, and so wanted to wait till I find everything else.

Anybody else having this problem?
    Ipewpewu Director of Omni Org Pack of Noobs.

Did you try the other bosses? I've always looted it off one of the side guys.
    Waiting for a cure.

I havn't yet no, but I am finding it odd these bosses are not dropping it suddenly. I just went through, and killed everything again, and still nothing. Been at this for 2 days, somewhat odd.
    Ipewpewu Director of Omni Org Pack of Noobs.

It's your luck. I farmed 7 pairs of boots parts this week plus a couple for orgmates...

I will say that I didn't farm the moktuk from adonis or the amulet from Rancid. Rancid has an absolutely horrible drop rate on amulets... I mean horrible and its always been that way.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I got algid ring on second kill of Rancid this week, but last time - a few months ago- it took me 20 or 30 kills to get it. Pen Catas have better drop rate but of course they're pretty much impossible to do on anyone who isn't a crat.

If the underwater slithers aren't dropping, try the ones in Pen - near Deathwing and Maar - they also drop it, as do the slither pocketbosses from Ado.

I always farm the items from the Slithers in Pen, by the Notum Scourges. Reasonable drop rate there.
    Last edited by Aiken; Dec 18th, 2011 at 19:12:08. Reason: typo
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Weird farmplaces you mention.... I've farmed inferno boots loads of times, and it only ever takes maybe 30 minutes of active killing stuff to get the items. Pen catacombs for amulet of algid amber, pen slithers for the moluk muktuk, and the blood from fiery imp is easy as well...
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Dec 18th, 2011 at 18:42:57.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Rancid's amulet drop rate is far lower than the penumbra catacomb bosses.
    Corinthians - 220 Nano Technician
    Pickygirl - 220 Engineer
    Pink - 220 Fixer
    Israel - 220 Keeper
    Israeli - 220 Shade
    Amenadiel - 165 Soldier
    Maitrize - 173 Martial Artist

Quote Originally Posted by corinthians
    {Etaks: Do not post this again.}

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwifruits View Post
    I got algid ring on second kill of Rancid this week, but last time - a few months ago- it took me 20 or 30 kills to get it. Pen Catas have better drop rate but of course they're pretty much impossible to do on anyone who isn't a crat.
    O.o I can kill then on MP.

BTW. Pen Catas for amulets, and Ado slithers bosses for molok muktuk
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwifruits View Post
    Pen Catas have better drop rate but of course they're pretty much impossible to do on anyone who isn't a crat.
    For the record, I farm pen catas with my trader with no problem at all.. tried on my crat and she got squished (though my crat isn't in endgame setup yet so probably not a good comparison).
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata