Thread: Access denied

Access denied

People (more than just me) at the top of the forums. it points to http://forums.anarchy-online.com/forumdisplay.php?f=256

Just thought someone would want to know.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Someone is editing the forum layout, new bug reporting sections have been added, so guess this is the new bugsy. So likely the access denied is a section in progress

Funcom employee

Gettin' stuff done, gettin' things taken care of. Pardon our dust. =D
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

I imagined. I assumed whoever was doing the work would have the permissions and maybe not realize that was publicly visible. But it's gone now, so all is well.
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

We were doing some testing, also.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

BANHAMMAARRR!!!!111!

edit for allcaps nerf
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Hmm, acctualy it would be nice if Exploit and Bug forums were at bottom, as there is no meaningfull content in them for normal use... Just as further suggestion.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Funcom employee

It's nice to keep 'em up closer to the top, though, to increase visibility. We've discovered that the lower a forum is in the relative order, the less traffic it tends to get - With these being directly under the "Current Update" forum, they're more likely to be seen and (hopefully) used. =)

I should also say that both forums are proving to be a great success thus-far, and I want to encourage everyone to check the new forums out and utilize them if they should come across a bug or exploit to report. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)

It would be more encouraging to use the bug-report forum if I was actually able to see what bugs are already reported.
    And the "Known Issues" bit definitely shouldn't be buried in that announcement post...
    Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

Funcom employee

The problem is that we can only have one announcement thread per-forum, and any sticky threads would follow the same route as all the other threads posted in the forums and be invisible to anyone save the poster (and the people handling said forums).

In terms of not being able to see what's already been posted, this is actually kind of a design decision - I'd rather encourage people to post what they come across, instead of worrying about whether or not someone's already made a thread on the subject. That way we gain more potential coverage on an issue - One poster may include details that the others haven't, for example. It also keeps anyone from feeling potentially 'shy' in terms of feeling like they're being watched/judged by other members of the general forums population; no one has to feel weird or like their posts are being dissected by everyone else lurking around.

I agree, though, that there probably should be a better solution for the "known issues" section, and if we manage to come up with a good work-around we'll definitely lean in that direction. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    (2007 - 2012)