Thread: Requests For Comments in Lindelu's March Update

Requests For Comments in Lindelu's March Update

Esoteric or abandoned topics that might be fun to see mentioned in this month's update. It's not due for two more days so we've plenty of time! We would not be so gauche as to ask about engine or rebalance deadlines, etc.

1. That birthday compendium Sirillion was working on. He asked for e-mailed stories, but I can't even find that thread any more.

Linde Edit: I do not know sadly.

2. Are any devs planning on attending the AO event in Grand Rapids, MI this summer?

Linde Edit: I do not know yet but I hope to, I'm in the facebook group.

3. Who, specifically, is working on the new startup experience? (This may have been mentioned before.)

Linde Edit: Almost everyone, but Michizure is the one implementing the missions and npcs.

4. What foods have the devs discovered in Canada to replace their Nordic delicacies?

Linde Edit: me personally, pop tarts

5. Now that Means has left the building, who is the tallest AO employee?

Linde Edit: My initial thought is it must be Cube, but me and Flap measure weekly to check who is the tallest of us two
    Last edited by lindelu; Mar 29th, 2012 at 03:47:38.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

6. Do any of the dev staff knows how to communicate in french, hence they live in a french speaking city?

Linde Edit: There are classes but I am not sure who takes them this year, I don't personally speak French but I have a dictionary I read before I go to bed

7. Will the AO engine be upgraded to something newer than dx9 in the future? If so, in the lap of how many years?

Linde Edit: I do not know, they tell me it's currently possible to support DX10 but that is very far away right now

8. Will there ever be a redesign to our current pvp system? Such as the legacy pvp system, where you can both earn and lose your title.

Linde Edit: I like the legacy pvp system I sadly lost my novice title just before they removed it, and after these big commitments that we have with the systems/engine/npe, I hope to rock the pvp again

9. Is there going to be a low apf for the tl3 and below playerbase? (I am aware that it is extremely hard to balance between twinks and normal equipped characters. Perhaps that is the reason why this sort of content hasn't been implemented yet.)

Linde Edit: I don't see why not but definitely not right now

10. I like the plans for our future AO. You were telling us about the new login window for ao. Do you actually mean the ao launcher where you type in the username and password or do you mean something else? I think that is a major improvement to the game.

Linde Edit: The launcher itself is streamlined a little too, so it will look better. One of the web programmers actually helped me to fix the links in the launcher yesterday and he tweaked some of the padding values while at it so it looks better

11. When will you guys update your website? (I am aware that you guys have this in plan, however doing it soon would benefit for you because of the publicity you are now given on variour different gamer websites.)

Linde Edit: They are telling me that we are actually doing this soon and we were tasked with writing new profession descriptions for this page and I took the liberty to upload them on the current site while we wait
    <3
    Last edited by lindelu; Mar 29th, 2012 at 03:47:59.

Funcom employee

Just as an FYI, these are usually started on/written quite a bit in advance (anywhere from a few days to over a week prior to posting), so while this is a great initiative and such, it probably is a bit late to see any of these pop up in this month's letter. Will point Lindelu in this direction, though, in case she has the time to slide any in. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

12. Whatever happened to the mentor system? Last I heard about it was almost a year ago (maybe.. feels longer) and the billing department was holding it up somehow.

Linde Edit: It's on hold indefinitely sadly

13. Any plans in the works for items in the vet shop?

Linde Edit: We talked about this before... I hope so. Is there anything specific that you are thinking of? (:
    Last edited by lindelu; Mar 29th, 2012 at 03:57:53.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

14. The status on transferring chars from live to test. Last I heard this was disabled/broken.

Linde Edit: We are aware of it although I haven't gotten an ETA on when it will be working again sadly
    Last edited by Anarrina; Mar 29th, 2012 at 03:31:38.

16. can anyone of you speak klingon?

Linde Edit: that's a very personal question..

17. Does everyone on the AO team watch Big bang theory?

Linde Edit: I do, and I know someone in the team likes the big bang band

18. Do you eat Poutine regularly?

Linde Edit: No and if they make me eat it I order bearnaise sauce on top

19. Following from 18, is everyone fatter than they used to be?

Linde Edit: no, gym is less expensive here

20. Have y'all been to Niagara falls yet? What about Quebec city? nice places.

Linde Edit: the only place i've driven to is Mont-Tremblant and I approve, the others have been here longer so I think they have seen more

21. Is anyone planning to traverse the great plains to see the rockies?

Linde Edit: planning no, dreaming yes.

22. Can you get the same flavour slurpees in Canada as in Sweden?

Linde Edit: you cannot even get a milkshake in sweden

23. Are you annoyed that you had to endure all the Girl with the dragon Tattoo stuff AGAIN when you moved to north america?

Linde Edit: No, I actually watched it again

24. Following from 23, is Daniel Craig the lip purser a better Blomkvist than that skinny swedish bloke?

Linde Edit: I like the swedish one because he laughs more

25. So has everyone's kids settled in the new schools now that y'all had to move?

Linde Edit: I wish I knew klingon so I could avoid this

26. Do you guys even have kids?

Linde Edit: Maybe if I google it... no they will find out

27. So, how about parry?

Linde Edit: good question, we will see, I would like to see them in game but they were never implemented
    Last edited by lindelu; Mar 29th, 2012 at 04:46:23.

Added in some color and spaces to distinguish the original poster questions from Linde's answer a little bit better.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Funcom employee

Thank you much Anarrina.
    I'm heading out now and wont do this again anytime soon but it was fun (:
    Former Game Director of Anarchy Online.

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    Thank you much Anarrina.
    u dunt caer about AO or da commoonity!
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

yay!

that was fun.

more parry, less asian please.

Thank you for answering!
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    Thank you much Anarrina.
    Impressed.. thanks for taking the time to answer these

And Mich taking the lead on some of the new player experience content... all I can say is YAY!! I've been very impressed with everything he's done thus far so this was really a cool thing to find out I'm sure it'll be both helpful and fun for new arrivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    13. Any plans in the works for items in the vet shop?

Linde Edit: We talked about this before... I hope so. Is there anything specific that you are thinking of? (:
    I'd love to see some version of that tutoring/xp helmet in the vet shop. I also wouldn't mind seeing an 'unlimited box of XXX ammo' either. Besides that.. I'll think on it and post something intelligent in a day or two
    Last edited by Traderjill; Mar 29th, 2012 at 04:27:20.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

As jill said, I agree, thanks so much for taking the tiem to answer some questions, even if they are just silly stuffs.

Cool to hear you guys having dialogue with the groupies.

Appreciate the answers, good information to know
    Last edited by Hardcore; Mar 30th, 2012 at 17:09:15. Reason: typo