Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: hit 200 on accident.. no 200 switching sides till 14.6???

well I dont know about that, lets say something drasticall happends that changes everything the clans or omni had fought for, it would seem naturall that the oposite sides would accept any refugees that wants to defect...

Originally posted by Luxferro
    Change sides changes so you can only do it once. It would make sense that it would be an important decission to you.

but if you were clan, and went omni. Do you thing clan should take you back? no, they should hang you if the see you in their lands again (put you in the middle of Tir with shackles and let peaple do as they want to you).. or put you in a firing squad or on death row.. lets be realistic..lol :P
    lets be realistic? ok. not everyone is into the extreme roleplaying that would be required for this game mechanic to not be a HUGE flaw, both to higher lvls trying to get 'uberized' and to n00bs who cant decide which side to join. if you tell your guild about going clan/omni only to come back again as a spying or intelligence mission or some bs like that, i think itd be very likely they could take u back. plz lets not bring that roleplaying aspect into it, it just makes it even more silly a situation.

Originally posted by Yugi

I wear Elite, because I'm a dork, but there are about 12 different armor sets that are much better than Elite. It cracks clanners up even, when they hear you bragging about Elite.

More shops. Cheaper Yalms. Gear available in shops that clanners have to mission for. Types of armor clanners cannot even use. Med suits in shops. Etc, etc.

These are all advantages.

You can sit here and try to make light of them as much as you want, but they are still advantages.

Are they +100000000000 to damage?

Are they +500000000000 to armor class/evades?

Do they make you insta-kill any mob you fight just by giving it a mean look?

Nope. But they ARE advantages.

And the fact is, the sides should be balanced.

As it stands right now, Omni has advantages, Clan does not. That is a simple *FACT* that nothing you say will change.

Is it a HUGE advantage? No. But it *IS* an advantage.

So either give the clan side an advantage to counter balance it, or give both sides everything the same.
    Primordiax RPG - Our World, Your Imagination
    http://www.primordiax.com

Muckbeast - MMO Game Developer Blog
    http://www.muckbeast.com

well you say clanners have no advantage , wrong.
    what about the item(s) that caused this to happened ?

oh oh no no we get omni pol armor in shop gawd I'm fecking uber.

Just an humble question... why oh lord in heaven, does things have to be balanced?? I mean, where's the fun in everyone haveing the same stuff? If Omni gets a bit cheaper in the shops, the clans can get in accessability or travel or something. Personally I dont care to much about that as long as its not super-overpowered advantages.

Im an roleplayer, I am Omni because I belive they are the ones who have right to the planet. I would still fight for Omni if the clans suddenly got 200 Slayerdroids they are sending into the heart of Omni-1.

Originally posted by Cindrax

More shops. Cheaper Yalms. Gear available in shops that clanners have to mission for. Types of armor clanners cannot even use. Med suits in shops. Etc, etc.

These are all advantages.

You can sit here and try to make light of them as much as you want, but they are still advantages.

Are they +100000000000 to damage?

Are they +500000000000 to armor class/evades?

Do they make you insta-kill any mob you fight just by giving it a mean look?

Nope. But they ARE advantages.

And the fact is, the sides should be balanced.

As it stands right now, Omni has advantages, Clan does not. That is a simple *FACT* that nothing you say will change.

Is it a HUGE advantage? No. But it *IS* an advantage.

So either give the clan side an advantage to counter balance it, or give both sides everything the same.

Nice little story... but you failed on one thing...

Clan have the advantages, not omni.

Many players are now over level 100... which means omni shops are not an advantage, because over level 100 you don't use them, they are a slight advantage at the beginning of the game.

Good items come from boss loot, not shops...

CLANS HAVE A CLAN only item that is not going to be useable by omni and gives a much superior attack rating for anyone wearing it.

Omni have an item that adss +22 to str and stam at a point your str and stam are no longer needed for anything.

You can cry about med suits and what not, but I assume you are clan, so let me ask, do you own one? Do you wear one? I would say 99% of clanners do, so please use some intelligence and don't call that an advantage.

I think a new Fredrickson sleeve should be added that does something useful like the kaehler sleeve. Maybe something like +60 shotgun or something... Our own unique omni only item... and then every clanner using a shotgun and be upset like every omni using an assualt rifle.

I do not use nor ever will use kaehler sleeves, since I am omni and I think this item (like agents in MA suits) should fall under the overequiping rules since, you do not comply with one of the requirments of the item. Mods should fall under the OE patch.

First of all, Aidin, that sucks about the side switching thing... hopefully FC will get 14.6 out sooner rather than later. I seriously doubt it's going to be 9 weeks like the guy above stated.

Second of all, as for the need for each side to be perfectly balanced... why? What's the point, or the fun for that matter? If both sides were perfectly balanced, we'd be in for a (supposedly) 4 year stalemate. When I signed up to beta this game, I did it because I liked the idea that one side would lose and the other would win. Whether that winds up being Omni or Clan, who knows, but I do know the outcome of the "conflict" (if you can even call it that right now) will not be determined by a single item (in this case, the sleeves). When I say this, what I mean is that I do not believe that each side should have mirror inventories, mirror cities, mirror dungeons, etc. It negates the point of having two sides, as it is completely logical to assume that each side will have strengths and weaknesses. I do NOT mean that either side should have an overwhelming advantage due to items, cities, dungeons, etc.

It's great to have some sense of balance between professions, because when one prof has an overwhelming superiority, you get the nerf-criers on one side and those who want to maintain the status quo on the other. We all know how much fun THAT is. It's an entirely different story when you talk about balance between the two sides. If you want to look at it from an RP perspective, you have to expect differences in the supplies each side has available. A more or less ragtag group of freedom fighters should not be as well equipped as an all-powerful coporation. Likewise, the clans should have more freedom of movement and expression, or whatever you care to conjure up. That, unfortunately, is the saddest aspect of AO. Funcom has got an immense untapped resource here with the potential to be absolutly amazing in terms of story and execution... unfortunately they tend to drop the ball at every chance they get. Anyone remember late last year and early this year, when the story seemed to be gaining some momentum? Then you look at today, and we havent had patch updates in over a month. Assuming FC can get back on track with the story and hopefully start releasing content patches once the profession issues are addressed, THEN maybe the complaints about side imbalances can begin to be addressed. Right now, in my opinion, there are definately more pressing issues.

The thing to remember is that each side has advantages and disadvantages, and as Funcom adds more to the game, the side issues that are a problem now will become less and less glaring because each side will have a much wider range of pros and cons.
    Last edited by Atremis; Aug 6th, 2002 at 01:01:43.
    Gogo "Atremis" Yubari
    220 MA - RK1
    Tranq

There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Originally posted by Aidin

lets be realistic? ok. not everyone is into the extreme roleplaying that would be required for this game mechanic to not be a HUGE flaw, both to higher lvls trying to get 'uberized' and to n00bs who cant decide which side to join. if you tell your guild about going clan/omni only to come back again as a spying or intelligence mission or some bs like that, i think itd be very likely they could take u back. plz lets not bring that roleplaying aspect into it, it just makes it even more silly a situation.
    Ok, i agree since i am not a big roleplayer myself. (but this is a roleplaying game.. or it;s supposed to be..lol) i was actually being mostly sarcastic. But i don't like the fact that people just switch sides to get on equipent and such. Me being a clanner, and having seen clanners wearing omni armor made me lose some respect for the person without ever knowing or talking to them. that is just me though.

I think there should be some kind of limitations to switching sides besides haveing to wait X amount of time. just log in, go to bed, work ect... let the time go by and switch sides again..

i know this post isn't about all this. I do think that someone should help you out and just switch you back since you have no intentions on being a clanner, and if anything, by them making you wait, and disgusting you.. they could potentionally lose a customer. But from all the complaints i read on the board.. no one truely cares at FC - it's just a job (maybe temporary) for their employees...

on another note to make this game more fun. why not make the cities have scanners that check your possiones for other fractions items. if you are carrying something.. they attck you weather you are clan or omni. (should apply to items reqs only.. not their descriptions)
    Luxferro

"We will look into it"

Yeah right..lol

Originally posted by Wrob
    well you say clanners have no advantage , wrong.
    what about the item(s) that caused this to happened ?

oh oh no no we get omni pol armor in shop gawd I'm fecking uber.
    Um...... Please wake up.

The overwhelming majority of the gaming population is not only below level 150, but below level 100.

These sleeves are only an issue for a tiny, tiny, tiny percentage of players.

The overwhelming majority *ARE* affected by the greater # of shops, lower prices, cheaper Yalms, availability of gear in SHOPS that clanners have to mission for, med suits available from day 1 in the shops for 2-4k total (instead of 30-50k over the shopping channels after hours of spamming it for clanners), exclusive access to 2 lines of excellent (and the best looking) armor in the game, etc.

I have said numerous times I think Omni should get to use these sleeves. But to say Omni does not possess a notably advantage currently is just BS.

In fact, as a clan soldier, I would glady let those sleeves be OMNI ONLY if we could get the omni armor. Why? Because the likelihood of me playing up to 150+ is small, and if I do, I don't mind waiting 5 more levels to get the same benefit (or waiting for soldier buffs).

Originally posted by Centurion3
    Just an humble question... why oh lord in heaven, does things have to be balanced??
    Because this is a game doofus. Games are designed to be fair.

Real life isn't fair, but games are supposed to be.

In chess, both sides have the same pieces. It isn't white with 10 pawns and no rooks.

Originally posted by Admirable

Nice little story... but you failed on one thing...

Clan have the advantages, not omni.

Many players are now over level 100... which means omni shops are not an advantage, because over level 100 you don't use them, they are a slight advantage at the beginning of the game.

CLANS HAVE A CLAN only item that is not going to be useable by omni and gives a much superior attack rating for anyone wearing it.

Omni have an item that adss +22 to str and stam at a point your str and stam are no longer needed for anything.

You can cry about med suits and what not, but I assume you are clan, so let me ask, do you own one? Do you wear one? I would say 99% of clanners do, so please use some intelligence and don't call that an advantage.

Many players are over 100? The percentage is tiny. Sorry, but that is the minority.

Med Suit: Do I have one? Yup. I got it at level 71. My level 2 Omni character had one though. Balanced? Hell friggin no.

And man, as a young Omni player, I had ******* 8 ********* freaking basic shops to choose from. That is more basic shops than Tir and Athens COMBINED.

Stop denying reality. I *WANT* Omni to have access to the Kahleer Sleeves. But I refuse to sit by and watch Omni players deny that they possess a significant advantage for the first 100-150 levels of the game, which for the overwhelming majority of the playerbase, is the entire lifetime of their character.

Originally posted by Aidin
    Cz i was rather hoping for some comment on the stoppage of support for lvl200s stuck on the wrong side. side specific items aside, i just want to be back to OT and have served my due time as a clan member... it seems silly to force me to wait an addition time past what is required.
    Are you really really sure you lost your tokens? I hear many omnis changing side without loosing tokens. When FC fix your problem I hope they do a check to see if your tokens are gone too

In chess, both sides have the same pieces. It isn't white with 10 pawns and no rooks.
    actually ive seen very few complicated games that are exactly fair. Besides, I thought it was implied that Omni-tek was an multi mega company therefor should have more troops and equipment... seems logical to me...

yeah, but why oh why is it always the white one that have to make the first move?

oh and fling that doc over the fence back to the omnis.. we dont want her lurking around
    As for sleeves.. well if they are gonna be both omni and clan then i want some OT rings
    Znails

Talking Argh!

I dont know why everyone complains about a little item. Who cares! I see a lot of things in this game that need fixed, but for some reason I still play. I am pretty sure that the things that are wrong are not going to get fixed in some near patch. I think they are all working on the expansion and have maybe a skeleton crew working on broken things in AO. They probably aren't even the top programmers on there team. It's just pimpled Noob billy with his first job. This reply doesn't really have anything to do with the original thread, it's spiraled off into some big issue. I know the supposed "advantages" of both sides. I dont think they make any major difference. I have played both.
    I would rather have them work on a story and leave things alone for awhile then have patches for patches.
    And now that I have pushed some of FC buttons I am sure my char will suddenly have items missing and be totally gimped

Now you're clan!!! The best thing u could do!
    Omni scum.Victory for the clans

Omni-Tek's Roots

If anybody has read the book, they know that Omni-Tek isn't a good company, its evil.

Omni-Tek was created by Omega remnants. The sole purpose of Omni-Tek was to allow Omegas to control everybody without them knowing they were being controlled.

Omega Ownz J00!

The clan's are like the groundcrawlers who revolted agains the Omegas. And you saw how THAT war turned out .
    It ain't over till the fat lady falls on you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123