Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Organization Items Terminal

Organization Items Terminal

So I was thinking today about how cool it would be if AO came up with a terminal that orgs could use to loan out twinking items without the risk of the item not being returned. The system would work like this,

The top 2 org ranks could add items to this terminal, only the owner of the said items could pull the item out of the terminal all together. This terminal would list items which could be "barrowed" by org members. The org member would pull the item, and it would give the org member a temporary item from the terminal that's a clone of the item in it with a "can't be in combat" tag that would disable the skills of the items they put on in the event of going into combat, this would allow organizations to have items such as poly pillows avalible for org members to barrow for twinking their skills without the risk of losing an item, and would give orgs other options to discriminative loaning based on how well known a player in the org is.

This system could be very useful, and would be a system I would use for my org members.

Edit: Obviously the Temporary item would be non tradable.
    Last edited by Firasting; Oct 27th, 2012 at 03:06:27.
    Ipewpewu Director of Omni Org Pack of Noobs.

Good ideea
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Most excellent idea!
    That would save a lot of hassle when someone "forgets" to return an item (such as Poly Pillows).
    Why in the blue f**k didn't someone come up with this idea before?
    Also would be good to give the borrowed items (not the real ones) a nodrop flag so the temporary ones can't be loaned to others too.
    BIG bump for this thread!
    Last edited by Therrito; Oct 27th, 2012 at 03:19:14.
    The mind is like a parachute.
    It works best when it's open.

Sounds to complicated. But if it worked that way we could also make a borrow trade window, where instead of credits. youd specify time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    Sounds to complicated. But if it worked that way we could also make a borrow trade window, where instead of credits. youd specify time.
    The basic machanics of duplication have already been in play for a long time, look at th mission key duplicator. I find it hard to think the code couldn't be tweaked slightly to put a system like this in place. I can see a code item cloned and put a new item ID on it with a unique tag so that we can deposite items much like the GMI and instead of the item popping up it can list the unique clone or something. I'm not a programmer but I'm sure a system is in the realm of possibilities.

Have to consider that "doing the content" would likely be negatively affected by this. The number of people making new poly pillows, for example, would drop to practically nil once each org had a set. Nobody would make creds selling medsuits; a lot fewer folks would do SL statics looking for gems, etc.

-1 imo
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Have to consider that "doing the content" would likely be negatively affected by this. The number of people making new poly pillows, for example, would drop to practically nil once each org had a set. Nobody would make creds selling medsuits; a lot fewer folks would do SL statics looking for gems, etc.

-1 imo

Yea but your talking about a lot of content people already do solo, with the population we have now we need to consider finding ways to bring the population together not leave them apart. I'm thinking from a totally non greedy standpoint as a person perfectly capable of banking on this update not happening, I care more for the majority population then in the minority.

im assuming that if an item is taken out from the "shop", then that item is unavailable to any other person until it is returned? Wasn't entirely sure what you meant by temporary seeing as that would imply that it is not the actual item being loaned, but a reference to it instead. clarification on this point would be much appreciated, and I wouldn't want to see poly pillows being loaned out by 25 different members when there is only one pair in the shop to start with
    Dbkeeper - Dbtwohe - Dbtech

www.legendsrk.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1upnate View Post
    im assuming that if an item is taken out from the "shop", then that item is unavailable to any other person until it is returned? Wasn't entirely sure what you meant by temporary seeing as that would imply that it is not the actual item being loaned, but a reference to it instead. clarification on this point would be much appreciated, and I wouldn't want to see poly pillows being loaned out by 25 different members when there is only one pair in the shop to start with
    I agree here on this point yes, I'm thinking the number of items avalible.would depend on the number of oiginals. I think it would be a good idea for a temp item to vanish bother after a time limit or a log out.

+1 pew great idea
    220 Shade "Dominating"
    164 Enforcer "Solutions"

Quote Originally Posted by Firasting View Post
    I agree here on this point yes, I'm thinking the number of items avalible.would depend on the number of oiginals. I think it would be a good idea for a temp item to vanish bother after a time limit or a log out.
    Good question from nate; this reply makes me more comfortable with this idea.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

this is a very good suggestion but since its opinion based , i had to put it in the opinion section as a hyperlink,

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=602189
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

Hey orochi, I've bumped at least 3 backpack/bank/item management related threads as well for you. Have to run to work, so don't have time to reference the URLs to the threads but they should be bumped and easy to find. (keyword: search 'backpack' 'item' 'bank' 'management'
    Shadow Ops
    Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.
    They'll say we're disturbing the peace, but there is no peace. What really bothers them is that we are disturbing the war.
    Tired of little elves with bows? Fed up with spell-flinging goblins? Bored to death by the solitary world of linear games? Despair not. Freedom is on its way, and its name is Anarchy Online.
    Web: http://www.shadowops-online.org | Twitter: @ShadowOpsOnline | AO: Milestones & History

Well. Kinda debump.

Every twink item would be worthless after a while, since no one needs them. As long as the org have 1 pair in their "bank", people can just duplicate it when they need it.

It sounds like a good idea, but its not! :P

Will be better if they needed to take the item out of the bank, and then return it. Just keep the log (like the GMI), and atleast then you can find the 'bad guy' if someone trys to steal them.

an org only version of GMI , that has no tax would do well too.

basicly an item would have a buy AND sell order for the same price, people will still have to temporary "buy" the item, but will get all creds back when they return it

This would remove any issues concerning stealing/moderating.
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurtue View Post
    Well. Kinda debump.

Every twink item would be worthless after a while, since no one needs them. As long as the org have 1 pair in their "bank", people can just duplicate it when they need it.

Will be better if they needed to take the item out of the bank, and then return it. Just keep the log (like the GMI), and atleast then you can find the 'bad guy' if someone trys to steal them.
    If the "bad guy" took the item(s), ok, but if he transferred the item(s) to another toon and/or account then the item(s) could be untraceable and never found.

The original idea is fantastic and I support it 100%

+1 for u pew :-)

Well. Kinda debump.

i dont have any reason to own a pair of treatment guns atm because someone in the org has a pair. this just makes it easier for me to get the pair off them. i don't own a set of 6/6 mems either for the same reason. i DO however own a set of twinking imps and buncha buff guns and all that jazz which i'd be able to donate if i knew i'd be able to have them on hand when i needed them. (i loan them out when asked for but last time i lent someone my twiink imps they quit the game for a couple months )

yes yes indeed, +1 for pew ra ra ra
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by Therrito View Post
    If the "bad guy" took the item(s), ok, but if he transferred the item(s) to another toon and/or account then the item(s) could be untraceable and never found.
    Doesnt matter if he transfer it to another toon. Atleast then you know who took them in the first place. And its not my problem that you have untrusted people in your org.

Doesnt matter if he transfer it to another toon. Atleast then you know who took them in the first place. And its not my problem that you have untrusted people in your org.
    I think you missed the point.
    If an item was stolen and then transferred to another toon or account then it would be next to impossible to get the item back, even if the victim sent a petition.

That is the reason why this is such a fantastic idea.
    The original item would never leave the terminal.
    Only a duplicate that cannot be traded (NODROP flag) is received.
    Also the item would be temporary and after time it would disappear, similar to the way Grid Armor is but maybe with only a 2 hour timer.
    If 2 hours is not long enough you can go get it again for another 2 hours.
    This way there is no chance at all of anyone borrowing an item and then "forgetting" to return it.
    Last edited by Therrito; Nov 1st, 2012 at 00:08:07.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast