Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old quest lines that need rewards tied to them

Old quest lines that need rewards tied to them

this thread is half of a suggestion in the suggestion summary for revitalizing old content, the other half ofc is a list of rewards that can be tied to these quests.

basically its content that already exists, but because there are inferior rewards tied to them, which doesn't motivate people to do them. Which is a shame. I will try to list the long quests mainly.

foremans (collar reward is inferior to prototype cyborg board)
    nascense (multiple)
    scheol quest (1 of the 2 rewards is pointless)
    progression quests (debatable, but reward is automaticly gained by simply lvlin, so its often ignored content)
    Dark ruins (most armor pieces are same or inferior to apoc/omni steel-ribbed)
    Inferno Anansi quest
    Arid quest
    Neretva quest
    Last edited by orochi3; May 21st, 2013 at 17:42:28.
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

Quote Originally Posted by orochi3 View Post

foremans (collar reward is inferior to prototype cyborg board)
    nascense (multiple)
    scheol quest (1 of the 2 rewards is pointless)
    progression quests (debatable, but reward is automaticly gained by simply lvlin, so its often ignored content)
    Dark ruins (most armor pieces are same or inferior to apoc/omni steel-ribbed)
    Inferno Anansi quest
    There are plenty of places that could use better quests, but these are not them.

Foremans-
    Collar reward is pretty amazing. Of course cyborg board has some better buffs, it's lvl120 (or 100) req to get the quest. Collar of Amplification is great for low level players. Only sub 100 neck item to add treatment.

Nasc Quests:
    All of the quest give VERY good xp for their level. Already a perfect reward for completing.

Scheol Quests:
    Again, they give amazing xp rewards. I leveled my enfo from 219 to 220 on the Scheol Questline. Also give good nano rewards for most professions. Some could use revising.

Progression Quests:
    I take it you have never done these. I have done all of them 3 times on tl2 toons. No way in hell I would voluntarily do those on a lvling toon no matter how much of an xp reward it gave. Worst questlines in the game.

Dark Ruins:
    Yet again, amazing XP rewards. The armor is much, much better than omni steel. Are you blind?

Inferno Anansi:
    Do I need to mention XP? 3 professions get good nanos, more could be added but not really needed since most professions have what they need.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    Foremans-
    Collar reward is pretty amazing. Of course cyborg board has some better buffs, it's lvl120 (or 100) req to get the quest. Collar of Amplification is great for low level players. Only sub 100 neck item to add treatment.
    The reward is nice for a hardcore twinker, but seldom useful to anyone just leveling.

Scheol Quests:
    Again, they give amazing xp rewards. I leveled my enfo from 219 to 220 on the Scheol Questline. Also give good nano rewards for most professions. Some could use revising.
    Some of them definitely need revising.

Progression Quests:
    I take it you have never done these. I have done all of them 3 times on tl2 toons. No way in hell I would voluntarily do those on a lvling toon no matter how much of an xp reward it gave. Worst questlines in the game.
    This is bias because of the low level and probably under-equipped nature of your toons. The progression quests aren't that bad.

Inferno Anansi:
    Do I need to mention XP? 3 professions get good nanos, more could be added but not really needed since most professions have what they need.
    The inferno quests are a great place to put more meaningful rewards in I'd think.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    The reward is nice for a hardcore twinker, but seldom useful to anyone just leveling.
    It's pretty good for anybody that needs a little extra treatment. Just like the Cyborg Board. Not every item is to be used 24/7.

This is bias because of the low level and probably under-equipped nature of your toons. The progression quests aren't that bad.
    Nothing under-equipped since I did them dual logged with a 220. I have also done Ado Progression quest on a 150 solo. It has 10x worse on the lvl150 toon.

The inferno quests are a great place to put more meaningful rewards in I'd think.
    AO doesn't lack rewards. If anything, we need less rewards. More specifically, we need less rewards that are "needed" such as DB Questline. I'm all for more rewards that are mediocre and can be passed on such as mediocre armor and weapons.
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingengi View Post
    It's pretty good for anybody that needs a little extra treatment. Just like the Cyborg Board. Not every item is to be used 24/7.
    But it's so insignificant that most twinkers don't even take the time lol. Needs to be more incentive to do the quest beyond story and an extremely specialized neck item.

Nothing under-equipped since I did them dual logged with a 220. I have also done Ado Progression quest on a 150 solo. It has 10x worse on the lvl150 toon.
    Now try to do ado brain solo on the 150, bet you can't.

AO doesn't lack rewards.
    I think AO has the least amount of rewards for quests in any MMO I've ever played, just saying.

If anything, we need less rewards. More specifically, we need less rewards that are "needed" such as DB Questline.
    DB questline was an endgame questline and not a leveling questline, obviously the stuff you'd be getting won't be "needed" more times than not.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

the goal is to find those quests that are fun to do, and then add the rewards to them.
    So the most done quests arent the boring run back and forth type, (Basic fashion armor)
    Personally i LOVE dark ruins for example
    Last edited by orochi3; May 16th, 2013 at 19:28:37.
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

Huge xp rewards are not adequate rewards.

exactly, thats why dark ruins is hardly ever done anymore which is a shame cause its a nice instance and questline.

Talking

exactly, thats why dark ruins is hardly ever done anymore which is a shame cause its a nice instance and questline.

you really love DR eh? ^_= i tried it once...never liked it...the layout too "gray/brown" looking...i prefer more of a "scenice" route...i like doing the SL quest lines...it does make you travel all over SL and gets you to know the layout and the land's more "colorful" and you dont' feel like your'e "lock" in a dungen-ish area ...more scenic route ^_=.. Even doing the old Side shoulder pads..killing mechdogs and all those 8 other bots along with Trash King...gets you to travel and see RubiKa more often..learn the grid or whompah system...wouldn't mind those pad gets an upgrade ^_=

anywho...i wouldn't mind new items reward for the old quest...maybe give it more option of reward for quest....one reward, new reward, xp, etc.

instead of default of one reward...so those that want the old reward..it's still there....and this might cause people to try and roll new toons to see what the new rewards are like, etc.
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

on the topic of scheol quest. keep the total amount of xp given the same but delete the 2nd half of the questline, move the reward from the 2nd part to the first part and move the first reward to be automatically given by ergo upon entering scheol. there, i just fixed that POS quest for you. you're welcome.

Now try to do ado brain solo on the 150, bet you can't.
    Nice strawman.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    on the topic of scheol quest. keep the total amount of xp given the same but delete the 2nd half of the questline, move the reward from the 2nd part to the first part and move the first reward to be automatically given by ergo upon entering scheol. there, i just fixed that POS quest for you. you're welcome.
    The goal is to help people get decent gear and make fun old quests alive again , please stop trolling with "delete this and that" . Just being on topic doesnt mean ur constructive.

The yuttos quests in Ely are pretty good (I like that they're hardly linear, in that you can go to any yutto you want) but some of the rewards are utter crap. There is some gun that I immediately delete, Defender of Troy I think.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Orochi, "constructive" doesn't mean "agreeing with me"
    I'm Batman.

when hes simply talking about "deleting" quests then i think we both know hes trolling

however increasing the amount of xp per quest step is an actual idea and has been put in the summary
    Last edited by orochi3; May 19th, 2013 at 06:33:19.

why would i be trolling? have you ever done scheol quest? that monstrosity needs to be about 1/4th as long as it currently is.

how about we make the reward drop from 12m/pvp related something? since people like u, would to do the the least amount of pvm possible.

why would i be trolling? have you ever done scheol quest? that monstrosity needs to be about 1/4th as long as it currently is.
    i have done it, and ive actually read what the npc's said, its actually a good story.
    and it could ALSO be a quest reward, so both pvmers and pvpers can get it they way they want.
    Last edited by orochi3; May 19th, 2013 at 08:09:05.

how about we make the reward drop from 12m/pvp related something? since people like u, would to do the the least amount of pvm possible.
    this actually doesn't make any sense. why would you put a tl3 nano as a reward from 12man?

i have done it, and ive actually read what the npc's said, its actually a good story.
    and it could ALSO be a quest reward, so both pvmers and pvpers can get it they way they want.
    so let them give you a novel that you can read if you like the story. personally i found the story to be rubbish and the part where you run back and forth between the same 2 npcs 10 times to be a tedious pointless boring waste of time. idk man, if you find it fun to run back and forth halfway across shcheol then all the power to you, feel free to do that, but i dont find that fun, and i dont think it's good quest design.

half the time it wasn't even asking you to do something, just report what you did to another npc on the other end of the zone. does that REALLY need to be there? it's the year 300000000, surely they invented cell phones already? can't you just call them? tedious pointless timesinks should NOT be a part of a quest. a quest should be testing your skills, not your patience.

this actually doesn't make any sense. why would you put a tl3 nano as a reward from 12man?
    Collector!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Metafizis View Post
    Collector!

yap i see everyone doing collector instance..so popular ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast