Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Over and out for Funcom?

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    I doubt it would be SOE. It will probably be some no name korean brand or none at all. The right to IPs would be the real treasure not the game. You would see AO2 by a company that actually cares.
    You would see no AO property being purchased. Look at when THQ tanked. They had loads more lovely properties that were worth much more than AO, and they could hardly sell them. I am sure several still remain out of the market and in limbo.

And really, if we see an AO2 it would be a terrible ass game made by someone who thinks that an MMO is a WoW clone. And we see how well those do all the time.

Also the article states that despite a reduction in income by 50% they managed to make 20% more than they lost the previous year.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Jan 29th, 2014 at 20:03:06.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Vhab's Candy Van raid....?

Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

We don't know how broad the investigation really is until the police issue subpoenas or arrest warrants. Investigators may discover dodgy trades involving minor shareholders - those mid tier people granted stock options - in lieu of salary and other benefits (certainly not the focus of the initial investigation.) Alternatively, it may focus on one or two prime Funcom shareholders.

No matter what happens, this won't be good for end users.
    Last edited by Higain; Jan 29th, 2014 at 22:13:17.

The really critical thing is that the stock was re-listed a bit later on the day, consequently dropping by 22.7%. Broker experts tell people to sell out while they still can, and unfortunately (at least here in Norway) this experts are THE people to trust. Either this will go down in a big ball of fire, or it'll end up with just a skeleton crew running stuff as they are now but with no updates/fixes. Please prove me wrong, but this is my fears...
    Perky - 220 dmg freak crat
    Bitcrusher - 220 MP
    Shadowofbit - 220 Shade - It's best from behind!!!
    Advocrusher - 200 Lovechild
    Wdfourty - levling engie
    Docfoo - 165 Doc twink - Retired
    ----

Such doom
    Much Gloom
    Wow

An article (in norwegian) from a day or so prior to the raid was talking about Funcom taking out a loan a while back and then the lenders were allowed to buy Funcom stock at the then current set rate but also were allowed to buy more of the stock up to 3 months later at that same rate, even if the stock had gone up in the meantime (which it had). Had come down to them buying it for 10 kroners and turning around the same day and selling it off for 20 kroners...
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Funcom employee

Following events on January 29th, we'd like you to know that operation and development of all Funcom games will continue as normal. Thank you for your patience, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by sezmra View Post
    Following events on January 29th, we'd like you to know that operation and development of all Funcom games will continue as normal. Thank you for your patience, folks!
    Thank you for the update, now please post some new beta screenshots for us rabid "not in it yets"

Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

With Wildstar comming out this year (hopefully) all i can say is... I don´t care anymore, actually i am tired of caring for this game and this sad company that runs it.

Ah, Wildstar. Yet another WoW clone.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    yeah think the 3D designer at blizzard studio are more skilled than this guys, i dont like
    the overall 3D design in that game, the game play is probably as stereotyped as it looks to.

To surrealistic..

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    Ah, another clueless person that thinks every MMO with cartoonish graphics is a WoW clone.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Ah, another clueless person that thinks every MMO with cartoonish graphics is a WoW clone.
    I think it looks great and probably fun to play but their prices are as bad as AO.

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Wildstar had me captured for a while after its announcement. After I finally saw actual gameplay, i lost interest. Nothing really groundbreaking. Of course is it useless to invent the wheel twice, for implementing a given game mechanic, but the game really has no incentive on it's own, except the story it self.

Maybe you all remember Perpetuum, people called it an Eve Clone, however, it had that certain fun factor going for it.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

The Repopulation is the game to watch. SWG crafting, improved AO implant system and three faction sandbox builder.

Launch Q4 2014.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12