Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 18.7.0.20 - Keeper Changes

Unrelated to HM or ME this time, not to make whoever made this look bad but damn is the Shield of the Honorable Knight awful...again.

Shield of the Honorable Warrior
    NODROP
    Rarity: Unknown
    Quality level: SPECIAL
    Requirements:
    Wield:

On Self:
    Riposte from 375 and
    Deflect from 569 and
    Must have expansionset: Shadowlands

Damage: 1-1(200)
    Dps: 0.4-0.4(87.3)
    Speed:
    Attack 2.00s
    Recharge 2.00s
    Equip delay: 3.00s
    Initiative: Melee Weapons Initiative
    Range: 2m
    Dual wield: Mult. Melee 475
    Max beneficial skill: 1300
    Attack skills: Riposte 100%
    Defence skills: Evade-ClsC 100%
    Modifier:
    On User:
    Modify Max Health 500
    Modify Body Dev. 30
    Modify Fast Attack 15
    Modify Sneak Atck 15
    Modify Melee Ener. 20
    Modify 2h Edged 20
    Modify Mult. Melee 25

Damage type: Melee/ma AC
    Description:
    This shield is the hallmark of an honorable warrior.

This is only the ql125 version mind you so correct me please if the ql126 is a lot better since I don't have it to compare yet.
    From the one I do have on test its 2/2 with 1-1(200) dmg but even if it was 1/1 I wouldn't touch it if it means I do half my dd and don't even get evades to make it somewhat worthwhile.

Don't get me me wrong the mods are nice on it tho the 2HE mod is pointless but who thought 1-1(200) was good on any weapon/shield. It still checks Riposte also yet we have no reason to IP it still.
    Just make this a piece of armor for Left Arm only without the weapon part but same mods and all keeps would love it. ofc it will still look like we have a shield on because its cool looking

*edited in* just to compare to the old shield it takes 49% crit before the 200 crit starts doing more damage when both do min dmg.
    Last edited by Rockdizzle; Feb 13th, 2015 at 18:06:08. Reason: just to compare

Have there been any change to snake tamer shield/guard ? (I know it's not specifically a keeper-item per se, would just be interesting to know if they made it to any use for us)
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    Have there been any change to snake tamer shield/guard ? (I know it's not specifically a keeper-item per se, would just be interesting to know if they made it to any use for us)

when combine with Honorable shield...becomes ql300 soicail weapon armor keeper specific only! ^_= ta-lah!
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Tried talking to michi about the Honorable Knight Shields and latest changes to HM/SS perk lines(18.7.0.21) earlier today but didn't get anything from him except a post of the ql126 shield with no other responses from him about the problems. He was quick to answer everyone else's questions besides mine leaving me to wonder if he was even considering what I was saying :/ .

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Rockdizzle View Post
    Tried talking to michi about the Honorable Knight Shields and latest changes to HM/SS perk lines(18.7.0.21) earlier today but didn't get anything from him except a post of the ql126 shield with no other responses from him about the problems. He was quick to answer everyone else's questions besides mine leaving me to wonder if he was even considering what I was saying :/ .
    I'm sorry that was your impression...I don't intentionally ignore or overlook what anyone says. I do want those shields to be viable options (and add more, eventually), and I'll probably change them into something more useful. I appreciate feedback, even if I don't directly acknowledge it, be it something in Social, a /tell, or a forums PM.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    I'm sorry that was your impression...I don't intentionally ignore or overlook what anyone says. I do want those shields to be viable options (and add more, eventually), and I'll probably change them into something more useful. I appreciate feedback, even if I don't directly acknowledge it, be it something in Social, a /tell, or a forums PM.
    Are you considering condensing keeper perklines, for example combining holy mark and blessing? Shades for example, the other SL and mostly perk reliant profession get almost three times as many active perk actions than keepers do. Piercing mastery gives 7, shade touch 4, spirit phylactery 7, totemic rights 7, sublime rapport 6 for a total of 31 perk actions. Keepers get 3 with blessing, 4 with holy mark, 4 with street/cybernetic samurai for a depressing total of 11. If we're counting AI profession perks it's 14 for keepers and 34 for shades.

It's this very reason that makes keepers weak and very boring to play, there's really not much to work with.

I Did some testing now with melee energy.
    The dmg from Dawn of the xan is nice.

You hit Punching Leet for 2002 points of energy damage.
    You hit Punching Leet for 4662 points of energy damage. Critical hit!

But the AR isnt anything near good :/ Got 2,6k with 300CC, 250 symbs and def equipp. a bad thing too is that the Right wrist symb dont have Melee energy on it (only the alpha maybe the beta too but didnt check now) and you need to equipp an infantry brain. But thats not bad since the auras have lower skill req. Could use them all without nanoskill equippment.
    What i need to check is the pvp side. but for pvm i would say: nice choice against 2he
    RK1
    Cistie 220/30/70 Solitus Trader
    Blackangel85 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Leonearn 220/30/70 Solitus Shade
    Listalis 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Luzifer85 220/30/70 Solitus Adventurer
    Teufel85 220/30/64 Atrox Enforcer
    Spawn85 220/30/58 Solitus Nano-Technican
    Charisse 220/27/59 Solitus Doctor
    Ersa 220/25/58 Solitus Martial Artist
    Daemon85 219/27/57 Nanomage Meta-Physicist
    Lecine 220/30/60 Solitus Bureaucrat

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    Are you considering condensing keeper perklines, for example combining holy mark and blessing? Shades for example, the other SL and mostly perk reliant profession get almost three times as many active perk actions than keepers do. Piercing mastery gives 7, shade touch 4, spirit phylactery 7, totemic rights 7, sublime rapport 6 for a total of 31 perk actions. Keepers get 3 with blessing, 4 with holy mark, 4 with street/cybernetic samurai for a depressing total of 11. If we're counting AI profession perks it's 14 for keepers and 34 for shades.

It's this very reason that makes keepers weak and very boring to play, there's really not much to work with.
    word, very boring without any perks to play with actualy. ma barly has perks to, but they have lots of special attacks in inv etc that makes it awesome

Is ME added to ofab and other obvious stuff that should have it?
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

not till now
    Like i wrote right wrist missing ME (alpha has it) and ofab didnt change till now and research dont have it so there needs some changes for it. Dont know more items cause didnt look for it till now^^
    RK1

Quote Originally Posted by Cistie View Post
    not till now
    Like i wrote right wrist missing ME (alpha has it) and ofab didnt change till now and research dont have it so there needs some changes for it. Dont know more items cause didnt look for it till now^^
    When I asked for ME, I asked for it to be added to research, nanos, perks, armour, as well as changing the cost and increase per level accordingly.
    I'll have to see what's happening with that.
    I have yet to get onto TL, my desktop is sitting in pieces in front of me atm, and I've got house guests till the 24th so little time to do anything outside of drinking and sight-seeing.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    When I asked for ME, I asked for it to be added to research, nanos, perks, armour, as well as changing the cost and increase per level accordingly.
    well on nanos there are some (120 on biggest buff while 2he buffs 170) and perks its only on the "new" SS perkline. thats why i got only 2,6k AR with 300 CC and only 250 symbs. with 2he you got much more. i think there should be more ME weapons now for lower lvl ranges too. there are only the AI ones till now.

*edit* i looked at Demoders Aoitems TL site and found that the Ado brain has ME +100 on it^^
    The AoR line got improved too. bevor it was 404 now its 792 Heal.
    Last edited by Cistie; Feb 15th, 2015 at 13:44:22.
    RK1

Is ME green now? Will we get IP back, if we already have it maxed?
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

ME is still Dark Blue, should really be changed..
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post

I spent about a half-day trying to condense or reduce the size of certain perklines, but to little avail. I think the solution will be deprecating perklines, and adding new ones. This is sadly a rather unnatural thing for our tools to do, and not something that's the easiest to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Iaitoo View Post
    Is ME added to ofab and other obvious stuff that should have it?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Iaitoo View Post
    Is ME green now? Will we get IP back, if we already have it maxed?
    A few Keeper abilities, ME included, will be made greener. If you have already spent IP to raise the skills, however, your Available IP will not be automatically adjusted, and a reset would probably be required; this is a limitation of how our IP spending system works.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Aura of Revival is quite a bit better at lower levels now. Aura of Revival 1 gives 70 health every 8 seconds now rather than 32 every 10 seconds.

I spent about a half-day trying to condense or reduce the size of certain perklines, but to little avail. I think the solution will be deprecating perklines, and adding new ones. This is sadly a rather unnatural thing for our tools to do, and not something that's the easiest to do.

Yes.

A few Keeper abilities, ME included, will be made greener. If you have already spent IP to raise the skills, however, your Available IP will not be automatically adjusted, and a reset would probably be required; this is a limitation of how our IP spending system works.
    omg please give new perks.
    i suggest mele energy dmg perks so i dont have to use a 2h-edged ever agein <3.

The SS perklines are based off of AAO, so you don't have to have 2he in order to use them, but you lose the entirety of the Reaver perkline by going ME.
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Add a few healperks to "Aura of Revival" perkline and it could become an alternative to coon, maybe
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Feb 15th, 2015 at 19:13:12.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Good to know it's being considered, thanks for answering.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast