Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kiting its not a toolset ...

kiting its not a toolset ...

Discuss!
    Ciassene

It's not, it's a way of fighting enemies. NTs just happen to do it best with what tools they have.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Everyone can do it. Some do it better.

That's all I got.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Have seen Soldiers and Fixers kiting Moxy w/ great results. NT's just do it AoE-wise. Though many have lost the art and just do OST stuff.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

It's not a toolset because it is only one tool. Combined with other, different tools it can make several different toolsets. Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    Have seen Soldiers and Fixers kiting Moxy w/ great results. NT's just do it AoE-wise. Though many have lost the art and just do OST stuff.
    agents do it really fast now too
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Quote Originally Posted by dritst View Post
    agents do it really fast now too
    Nice to know! I'll try it on mine sometime soon!
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    Nice to know! I'll try it on mine sometime soon!
    use the right order with snare perk (you got 3 normally) and you can nearly only focus on DD (crit crit crit!)
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Is not a toolset is a way of living (or leaving - don't know exactly the word).
    In PVM - if you are not a shade / enforcer / keeper - you will kite at some point regardless of gear / skill (I know it from one of the best soldiers on server)
    In PVP - the fact that every single pvp-er have on social the root grafts says it all ...

Conclusion : the fear of hiting the reclaim makes you kite - fear is natural so nothing wrong with it
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

Enf/Keeper/shade can do well kiting borgs at lower levels.

Even running in a tight circle, they can clunk borgs without getting hit themselves.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

is allegedly abusing game mechanics that may or may not have something to do with the collector considered a toolset tho?

Loser :|

ps. This argument died 50 years ago
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Feb 8th, 2016 at 18:18:45.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

mmm...kiting. I remember a very long, and extremely passionate argument with Slinox (he was the one with all the passion), he claimed that only ranged profs could kite, and ended up not talking to me for the next 4 years, lol.
    Last edited by RedWatr; Feb 9th, 2016 at 07:08:42.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    mmm...kiting. I remember a very long, and extremely passionate argument with Slinox (he was the one with all the passion), he claimed that only ranged profs could kite, and ended up not talking to me for the next 4 years, lol.

Is it wierd i still remember that name and many others even tho 10 years have passed since ive talked to him ? I r intern0t d0rk .

P.s. If you keep in touch with him please PM me hes fb/mail or something .
    "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure. "

Quote Originally Posted by iolanda View Post
    Is it wierd i still remember that name and many others even tho 10 years have passed since ive talked to him ? I r intern0t d0rk .

P.s. If you keep in touch with him please PM me hes fb/mail or something .
    it's not weird dude certain people make impressions on us when we're at our most impressionable phase, as noobs usually, and even just afterwards when we know the game, but aren't so complacent, and lethargic about everything, before we knew it all, and online personas weren't grouped into "meh", and "whatever bro". we remembered things that made us go "wow", or "WTF!", or even just "hmm, ok". it doesn't mean these people were special in any way, they just happened to run thru our existence before we got bored, and only played because we felt guilty about giving up on such a huge personal investment of time, and effort. it's pretty normal man, especially for people with an above average IQ...but not you, you're stupid, so who knows, you're probably just weird, or gay, or something (lol obv j/k) :P
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    it's not weird dude certain people make impressions on us when we're at our most impressionable phase, as noobs usually, and even just afterwards when we know the game, but aren't so complacent, and lethargic about everything, before we knew it all, and online personas weren't grouped into "meh", and "whatever bro". we remembered things that made us go "wow", or "WTF!", or even just "hmm, ok". it doesn't mean these people were special in any way, they just happened to run thru our existence before we got bored, and only played because we felt guilty about giving up on such a huge personal investment of time, and effort. it's pretty normal man, especially for people with an above average IQ...but not you, you're stupid, so who knows, you're probably just weird, or gay, or something (lol obv j/k) :P

I tryed to marry Hotphunk so you might be right . Funcom didnt support our "gay" marriage .

Edit : Actually it was for a "3way gay marriage" cant remember if the 3rd person was Slinox or Brainwash tho .
    Last edited by iolanda; Mar 2nd, 2016 at 00:32:57.
    "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure. "

Quote Originally Posted by Ciassene View Post
    Discuss!
    Didn't you kite DB2?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciassene View Post
    Discuss!
    I don't trust you
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomb4 View Post
    fsojddq oiermoinue jiebu
    (just randomly hiting the keyboard like Zixx) <3

Quote Originally Posted by iolanda View Post
    I tryed to marry Hotphunk so you might be right . Funcom didnt support our "gay" marriage .

Edit : Actually it was for a "3way gay marriage" cant remember if the 3rd person was Slinox or Brainwash tho .
    no worries, you're on my list (there's no list) of "too smart for most of the people in this game". high IQ's have their own specific gravity, that's why we usually end up bumping heads. (omg that was a brilliant sentence)

*edit- haha, it was probably Brainwash(100% his type of humour). Slinox was wound a bit too tightly for such a public spectacle ^^
    Last edited by RedWatr; Apr 1st, 2016 at 08:03:25.
    T O O N Z:

Sounds like Karl.
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast