Thread: Dodga/Alvin Part 3 help.

Dodga/Alvin Part 3 help.

Hello, I am a 114 Eng and am halfway through part 3 of the Dodga/Alvin Quest.

I couldnt kill the Bot in Galway Shire. He is the 5th bot for me to kill (minus the Trash King). I was wondering if the bots get increasingly hard to kill? He killed my 133 Bot in 4 minutes of fighting and his HP was only at half.

Am I screwed if this is the case?

Als, If i dont finsh this quest on time (5 days left) does it mean i cant get the final pads unless I start all over again with part 1? (I already gave him the Ddoga Card 2).

For anyone that hasn't started quest 3 yet - get the robot parts before starting the quest. You can put the mission item together beforehand and have no trouble with the time limit.

There have been rumors of ARKs giving mission cards to those that failed to complete the quest in time. However, the couple of people I know that tried that route were refused and had to start over.

So, I'd hurry and get someone to help you.

Sorry I can't answer your question about bot difficulty. I do so little damage that they're all impossible for me.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

The bots are killable if youre under 150 and have 2 people. What you need:

Two ranged attackers with decent run speed.

One person starts the attack, unloads special attacks, then runs in a circle.

Person two just shoots.

IF the bot aggros person two, switch roles.

I got a good number of my ID chips doing this, and I did the quest twice since I can wear Pads of Dedication AND Clan Shoulderpads for the Veracious

I'm Neutral, I'm an Adventurer...I need every advantage I can get.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

Alternative: 1 pet user, 1 or more ranged/melee attacker.

The lackeys of the Trash King (all eight of them) will always /follow the person/pet that attacks them first. Thus, simply sic your pet on the lackey, then stand out of range of the AoE nukes and safely hammer the lackey with ranged attacks.

Of course, you can also go into melee combat with the Lackey, but that enables it to strike back at you.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Getting all of the pieces before receiving the mission was an obviously good idea which i overlooked.

Anyway. as an FYI,

I was able to solo 7 of the 8 Lackeys using a ql 133 Bot (114 Eng). Basically the fights lasted about 4.5 minutes and used ~ 10 nano chargers per fight just to heal the pet.

GL to any of those on the quest.

The running around in circles really helps for low level teams when fighting the hardest of the bots, those would be the ones with HUGE chemical and radiation attacks.. like Greasy Joints, TKL, and a few others.

Does anyone have any idea as to how often the TK Spawn?

5 hours

When i camped several weeks ago, it was exactly 5 hours on RK-2. I got there just as they were killing TK. So i sat down and waited ( started at 9 am EST). He spawned at exactly 2pm EST. Hence, 5 hours, i even sent out a message over guild chat and OCC and several people showed up to tag him.

I started the mission and was able to kill bot outside newland, it left me with 100 or so health though, anyways, I'm doing the 8 parts hunt for the 1st part of the quest now, killing dogs in galaway. After that, I'm willing to help kill bots while I tag them alone, anyone who may be interested in teaming, let me know...

Legi
    93 trader

The spawn time seems to be random. There was serious disagreement with my Guild as top the spawn time.

I went to the TK last night and someone said he was there 40 min. ago. I decided to wait and the TK spawned 15 min. later. Threrefore, approx. 1 hour respawn. It appears to be random.

Talking TK spawn time

I am 99% sure that FC changed the TK spawn time to 5-12hrs, since i camped once for 5hrs and a friend camped for 7hrs and did not see TK