Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K...If only they would change it

wow silke x is the only one who posted anything worth reading

why can't funcom fix a few professions instead of nerfing doctors or traders as the solution to everyones problems.
    it really shows a lack of creative thinking to come to the boards and say nerf ch and nerf uvc.
    go play pac man or pong or something and realize that there are professions that are completely idiotically gimped and gimping other characters won't make the game BETTER

Yeah asmo..i read saveyourbutts post too..but i didn't bother replying because i figured anyone who read it would get the same impression of saveyourbutt that I did, which is he's either A) noob or b) idiot.

Like you said...
    "i always thought professions trade something to gain something in comparision to other professions. this is simply not the case with current game mechanics. ppl can heal and do mad damage, ppl can do mad heals and ok to minor damage, ppl cant heal and do ok damage "

While docs damage is total crap, it wears on you when they can survive constant pounding by 5-6 people for insane amounts of time...Even in hunting, Docs should do SOME damage, but not as much...the doctor class is exactly that...doctors..just plain doc...not Dr. Rambo. Yes, im going to get flamed by every trolling doc out there, but think about this. When you made a doc, did you SERIOUSLY think "oh my doc is gonna be uber...im gonna outdamage soldiers and kick ass in pvp..just like every doctor should" probably not. I'm guessing you made a doctor because they team easy...they heal, buff, ect...not because they can tank better than most other proffs.

I don't know...it just seems to me that Funcom wasn't aiming for realism when they gimped soldiers...truthfully, if i get aggrod by a soldier, it doesnt bother me. I check to see his damage...(usually CHS..some people still use novas and flashpoints, though) then change my bracers accordingly...at this point they've TMS..so i take off aggro...chain heal, then (if they haven't run by this time) once TMS wears off, i equip my bow, AS/FS/brawl/dimach and the fight is over. haven't lost to a soldier since the nerf...

If i get aggrod by a doc its like "...bleh...doc...wheres a zone" then casually walk to the zone...doc fights arent even worth it

traders its like "do i have my dimach? no...zone." if i have it, i go full defense (since the damage on fists is pretty ****ty at this point, only objective is to damage using brawls) then get next to them...brawl...miss..miss..miss..miss...300 critical..miss..miss...brawl..miss...314 critical..brawl..dimach and it'll usually swing in my favor...

point is...fighting classes should be able to fight...nothinman made a good analogy...though i can't recall exactly what it said, verbatim, but the jist of it was

"A U.S. marine with a BFG goes into a hospital, and promptly gets his ass handed to him by a doctor. That same marine, angry at losing to a doc, goes to sears, and promptly gets his ass handed to him by the tellar"

Think about that
    Tier. yellow. fix. please? k. thx.

Originally posted by Element

"A U.S. marine with a BFG goes into a hospital, and promptly gets his ass handed to him by a doctor. That same marine, angry at losing to a doc, goes to sears, and promptly gets his ass handed to him by the tellar"

Think about that
    yeah thats so profound

/me bows to Elements astoundingly intelligent and original analogy

"yeah thats so profound

/me bows to Elements astoundingly intelligent and original analogy"

It's a good thing you read the post, otherwise you might have missed the disturbingly blunt statement prior to the quote:

"nothinman made a good analogy...though i can't recall exactly what it said, verbatim, but the jist of it was "

Again, thank goodness you read the entire post, otherwise I might think you were trying to insinuate that I was trying to claim the quote for myself.

You're the kind of person that makes directions on things like shampoo and chocolate milk necessary.

Still, i suppose most (if not all) of this games problems would be fixed if they just added content...

It's pretty sad when guilds have to make up their own story to have some fun...(Noer's kidnapping...didn't read the details of it as i fell asleep about 1/3rd of the way through the post)

At high lvl...(usually 180+) what is there to do? camalot..and pvp...since the lag in camalot is beyond reason, most people tend to go the pvp route...

Off topic...Something like in DAoC ( i think its in DAoC..never played the game, but was informed via friend) a "safety" flag...you can unequip it when you want to PvP, and it will allow you to gain titles and earn points, ect...(some kind of reward system, since titles no longer mean ****, a big thanks to all of you farmers)...And it will prohibit you from zoning after debuffing a player for a certain amount of time...(ie: 20 seconds or so...) thus eliminating bunker hopping, ect..

While equipped, you can still be attacked, but you earn no points for kills when PvPing, (should you still lose points? probably..not sure, though)

Could be worked on, though theres probably no point...on the odd chance FC (or one thereof) does bother to read the forums anymore, they'd never have the ability to code something like that. noobs :\

i don't like to read whole posts
    too many words to bore me..
    i can't help that i'm an idiot

Just read my sig and flame.

I can reroll a trader or a doc, no probs.

Howabout, actually taking your heads out from a$$es and see that there actually are much more professions in this game then just your own beloved super-hyper-uber profession.

If the problems get ignored for long enough, we will probably end up with a game with 2 viable professions.

Nerf em', all of em. And let see who is next in a chain to whine.
    Gailyn, level 200 NT, Rimor.

Feel free to check my post history (suggestion from Aaronb, since he seems to think that everything I say is wrong (mostly because I do not agree that this game should have only few uber professions, but 12 more or less balanced professions based on their individual strenghts))

see
    thank you north
    you don't have to write 1000 word treatises on why heals are overpowered when it can all be summed up in ten words or less

pvp sucks for a lot more reasons than healing and debuffs
    maybe if anything in the game worked as it should and professions were fixed properly than this would be a non issue
    but i'm sure its hard and its kind of to fc's credit that more isn't nerfed to fix things that would be easily cured if there was more to do in the game and the professions worked

You guys have some crazy idea of doctors being gods :P Of course we have 100% heals its part of our defenses. Should we nerf everyone else's defense when you decide make 50% healing? 50% less evades for fixers, 50% less reflection for soldiers, etc. Doctors can beat easily by traders.. Just few drains i'm dead.. Fixer I cannot hit guy by time battle said done i'm out of nanopool.. mp one nanoshutdown i'm dead... NT's in some case if they were smart have been able kill doctors fairly easily. Watched Kinkstaah(enforcer) kill a doctor in few seconds. Yes I will agree soldier are pretty bad in pvp but good kill stealers in mass pvp battles. Soldiers pretty much lose against any class 1 vs 1 so dont see how nerfing two classes will make a soldier any better in pvp. There are not tons doctors with high pvp ranks being apprentice and above nor have any doctor's even made that high on pvp charts. Just because you have no clue how play your profession or your profession truely does get beat by all profession nerfing 2 of the other professions is not going help that much. When I did make my doc I did plan to pvp and do missions too

MP, thank you. And I have no allusions of standing in some stupid-ass arena and fighting anybody. No desire whatsoever.

I expect to be behind the front lines perhaps looking for a Doctor or NT to Shutdown or Dominate. I expect to have my Healpet on a Soldier up at the front somewhere. Perhaps chuck nuke here or there.

If someone starts running after me, I expect to holler at a Fixer to Snare him so I can run away from the fray.

If I die, I want the Engineer at the battle to warp me back as soon as I'm done with Reclaim.

If I wanted to be in the frontlines of battle, I would have chosen a different profession. Most assuredly not MetaPhysicist.

Got it?

I can't enjoy myself because PvP has degraded to little more than one person fighting one person in most cases. Then add on to the fact that the programmers and developers have to cater to the whiners who lose one of those one-on-ones and there's less new stuff in the game to enjoy as they've wasted all their time nerfing everyone into some sort of soldier or another.

drsweetie and bionitrous perhaps you both should take the effort in reading my post before posting bs. in no line did i say nerf any profession i just wrote down how game currently is. and personally i give a damn about kill stealings. i want to give a good fight and most times i simply cant cause the profession does not give the necessary tools to do so. all i want is simply an upping in power of a few profession but i guess some ppl are just too dumb to realize it...

A good fight against who, Asmodeuz? One other player?

Perhaps you should have a Doc healing you or someone debuffing your opponent.

That's the discussion point I'm trying to bring up. A team will have an easier time keeping a Solitus Enforcer alive at the front line than a NanoMage Crat. A Doctor will be able to keep himself alive long enough to stay viable in the battle. If he's managed to draw the Agro of 4 enemy players perhaps he's in a bit of trouble and the team risks losing the battle. How will your team adjust to the 'kill the Doc' tactic.

Right now, most of us don't care about the chances any one profession, or any one character, has against any other single player. It's irrelevent to many of us.

We care how much a particular player can contribute to a team with whatever special abilities they bring to the table.

i see your point but certain professions are all about damage dealing or limited tank capabilities. with damage beeing halved these professions have less meaning in a team and are downgraded to buff the team up. with less to no tactical options to use what can these professions offer to u? as a matter of fact in every fight ppl will jump at healers and debuffers first because they are the biggest thread. why should anyone try to shoot a soldier / enforcer first when his healing teammates keep him alive for minutes. all i say is up damage capabilities and give them more tactial options this would benefit 1 vs 1 and team pvp alike.

Thank you asmo. You say leave it as it is, bionitrous, but aparently ignorance has blinded you. As it is, the Marine loses to the nurse and the salesman. Honestly, do you think thats fair? Asmodeus is a lvl 200 soldier. When he made his character, soldiers probably were one of the better classes. Now they rank among the easiest to kill. In fact, many of the first neophytes were soldiers...now It's rare when a soldier even attempts to PvP. Say what you want about Funcom leaving the proffesions alone. This is the PvP forum, and most of the people here...dare I say it...PvP. I know it's hard to comprehend, but the truth sometimes is.

Originally posted by Esmee
    wow silke x is the only one who posted anything worth reading

why can't funcom fix a few professions instead of nerfing doctors or traders as the solution to everyones problems.
    it really shows a lack of creative thinking to come to the boards and say nerf ch and nerf uvc.
    go play pac man or pong or something and realize that there are professions that are completely idiotically gimped and gimping other characters won't make the game BETTER
    Agreed...

Just like when peopled wanted docs made better, funcoms solutions blew...They nerfed traders and did NOTHING to improve docs....

And....why's everyone complaining about drains in pvp? Hell, what about about nano shutdown from an mp, that's -2000 Drains are about the only usefull nano we have left, don't wanna duel us because of it, fine, don't....Kill us in a skirmish or something and be done with it..

Btw i've been off playin lineage and neocron lately, I havent quit or eBayed in case anyones wondering hehe..just a little break...again.

You are correct. I don't really care if the Salesman beats the Soldier in 1 vs. 1 PvP. I don't care a whit. Not even a smidge.

I don't care if a Soldier loses to a fly if it's one on 1. David killed Goliath because Goliath had a weakness. If the Salesman can find a weakness in the Soldier's armor then let him die.

Now, if a Salesman can take out a squad of Soldiers, perhaps there is something wrong. I'll go right ahead and back any proposal that rectifies that situation.

If there is no counter to what the Salesman has found, I'll support some class out there being provided with a foil for whatever the Salesman has over the Soldier.

I don't give a rat's ass about any two players or professions standing face-to-face fighting each other.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12