Thread: To Experience players PLEASE HELP!

Uifz

Unhappy To Experience players PLEASE HELP!

Hello, I recently purchase the Anarchy Online game at my local pc selling game
    store. And when I installed it, I created an account with Funcom and then I log
    in and I needed to download a patch, so I waited about several minutes for the
    patch to be downloaded. And then it was done, so I click on accept and it said
    that I needed to restart Anarcy Online, so then I close it up and even tried
    restarting the computer, and when I log back in, i select the server and it says
    (Needs Patch) and so does #2 and even the German server but I dont think im
    going to use that since im in the USA. So then when I press enter, it downloads
    the patch again, and I can tell this because when it is giving me the
    information it says: Current Status: 3934KB/1481KB and right there I know
    something is wrong because its "over installing" and not only that but
    the time left changes from 8 minutes, to 17 minutes, to 1 minute, to 5, then
    back to 17, etc and then the progress bar showed all the blue being filled up,
    so I dont know what to do. I tried re-installing the game, unistalling it,
    restarting computer install it again, and I know theres nothing wrong with my
    computer becasue as a matter of fact I just receive this a couple days ago and
    it is a dell with 2.0 ghz a Dell Diension 4500, listed on PC Top Best 3 PCs. I
    even tried viewing the Read Me file and manually installing it but its already
    been installed from the auto. Please help me, by the way my account for funcom
    is Uifz, thank you.

Do a fresh install and go to this page: http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...loads/patches/

Download the 11.0 - 14.4.3 patch and install it.

Links directly to the patch you need:
    USA FTP: ftp://download.anarchy-online.com/pa....0-v14.4.3.exe

Norway FTP: ftp://ftp.funcom.com/cd/patches/AOPa....0-v14.4.3.exe

Atleast that's how I did when I formatted my HD.
    Azton - 201 Martial Artist, Member of Ragnarök
    Meltim - Inactive Agent

I don't think there is anything wrong. I think that several of the patches are incremental, so that if you install from an older CD, you'll have to patch a few times. Each patch updates the previous.

The jumping from time left from "8 minutes to 17 minutes" simply means that your transfer speed has degraded. That happens sometimes; particularly on dialup lines.

I think your PC is fine. I also think the game is fine. Just patch when it tells you to, and after a few iterations you should be all set.

-blix

PS: Azton's suggestion should also work, but I dont think it is necessary.

Originally posted by Blix
    I don't think there is anything wrong. I think that several of the patches are incremental, so that if you install from an older CD, you'll have to patch a few times. Each patch updates the previous.

The jumping from time left from "8 minutes to 17 minutes" simply means that your transfer speed has degraded. That happens sometimes; particularly on dialup lines.

I think your PC is fine. I also think the game is fine. Just patch when it tells you to, and after a few iterations you should be all set.

-blix

PS: Azton's suggestion should also work, but I dont think it is necessary.
    i heard about this on irc and most try with well what azton say... so this was kinda pointless post anyway *laughs* Gl
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

dload the game client from this web page if you do not have high speed internet let me know i will burn it for u and mail it to u for cost of postage (the disk is on me)
    "death comes slowly to those who anticipate it and swiftly to the unconcerned" Richard Pyott

You want a duel?.......Go play chess
    You want honor?......Go serve your country in the military

First pistol crat to reach Chief.

Proud follower of the Mexican Hat Band Cult.

"Dude, you're gettin' a Dell"

best PC my @$$! You need to get hooked up with an Xcalibur2.0 system from this place here in Madison, WI! I bet they could have gotten you a better system at a lower price then Dell could have. They have a price match guarantee and everything. Nice systems, they do all custom work. I got mine in neon green with a transparent window and still got a lower price than dell :P
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

download manually

Do like Azton said and you will have the patch on your HD, in case you need to re-install later. Kinda booring if you have to download the patches again if the PC (Windows probably) should decide to mess up in some way.

McMedic
    Mcmedic
    Doctor, Mercury Dragons

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Make sure to keep anti-virus software turned off when you patch AO - if the anti-virus software is active, you have a good chance of corrupting the patching, meaning you'll have to do it all over again.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Arrow

Or download the manual patches, which is what I always do. (though not for testlive obviously and I've never had patches corrupt there, virus software or not...)

But yes, the auto-patcher must restart after every patch, and if your using the original client disk (11.0) that could take quite a while. If doing this, then *do not* run the speed disk utility as it is no longer needed and will just waste time and disk space. If your using the newer special edition client, then you'll need less patches. Check the 'Local Version' number on the launcher title bar on startup.

To be honest, if patching from 11.0, you'll be far faster downloading the manual 'super-patch'...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper