Thread: Ability to change Prof.

Ability to change Prof.

I'd liek the ability to change Prof. part way through. But in order to prevent people becomin really unber i have some ideas on power checks.

1. Make it only possable when you reach a new title lvl. and you could only change Prof. ONE time, so you culdn't go back to your old, or another prof. later.

2. Make it cost a set amount of IP dependant on the TL (so you will have to save IP if you want to change thus gimping your self part way)

3. Once changed you can use no new nano's for old prof. only the nano's you have. And you can only get nano's for new prof that are same or higher QL as your LvL at the time of change.

4. Profession specfic "perks" for the old prof. would not be usable. Such as NS, GA, Prof. Quest rewards. and so on. But you would be able to get any such rewards that are in your new profession.

5. IP usage req.s (the colors) would change to match the new Prof. and so you arnt totally gimped you would get a total ip reset to match the new profession.

Well this is just an idea and i tried to think about making it realistic and preventing really uber people from occuring. If you have any CONSTRUCTIVE idea pleae post or any bad side effects i might have missed too.
    Last edited by Relena; Sep 29th, 2002 at 21:33:50.

Re: Ability to change Prof.

Originally posted by Relena
    3. Once changed you can use no new nano's for old prof. only the nano's you have. And you can only get nano's for new prof that are same or higher QL as your LvL at the time of change.
    Uhm, never work.

Start an MA, get them to level 99. Use the best implants, Mochams and Wrangles money can buy to upload UVC and the Fire/Chem/Energy damage fists. Upload Heals

Change Profession to Soldier at level 100. At 149, you already have UVC and a Custom Supressor with Chem damage, not load up on mochams and 132 wrangles for TMS10 and RRFE

@150, Change Profession to Trader. You now are a Trader, with Martial Artists Heals, Fists and UVC, can self cast any Soldier Nano and also have 50%+ Crit along with you 1400 attack rating.

Can we say.... Abuh!

I like it

I love the idea...make it only doable ONCE per character though...have it reset ALL ip and all of your nanos disseapaer from your nano storage and i believ eit would work fine...along with all prof. specific armor dissapearing......6 thumbs up on this one

Re: Re: Ability to change Prof.

Originally posted by Lucid Flow

Uhm, never work.

Start an MA, get them to level 99. Use the best implants, Mochams and Wrangles money can buy to upload UVC and the Fire/Chem/Energy damage fists. Upload Heals

Change Profession to Soldier at level 100. At 149, you already have UVC and a Custom Supressor with Chem damage, not load up on mochams and 132 wrangles for TMS10 and RRFE

@150, Change Profession to Trader. You now are a Trader, with Martial Artists Heals, Fists and UVC, can self cast any Soldier Nano and also have 50%+ Crit along with you 1400 attack rating.

Can we say.... Abuh!
    Nano checks are made when you upload and when you cast. I have lots of profession nanos uploaded but cannot cast all of them unless I am in FP. The mechanics for the nano issue are already in game because of the agent profession.

^^

what he said.

thing is though that some profs are alot easier to level up(MAs, Docs enfs etc.) to high levels then others(engies agents traders etc.)

Um that would be called an agent. If you don't want to play the profession, don't beg for our skills :P
    Rocco "Naels" Capone
    Atrox Martial Artist, Atlantean

Enforcer Is The Nerfest Prof <-- The dumbest thread in the entire forums!

Id ont waht your skills, if you limit the change to only ONCE. then you can have a well rounded chara with diff ability's that give you more options and more fun. And i never said you could go back and forth like agents can It'd be permanet thats the point of the ip reset.