Thread: Detailed breed fixing post

Detailed breed fixing post

Must of us who have played an atrox or a nanomage to high level realize how truly unbalanced these two breeds are. Recently while working on a guide to the breeds I discovered part of the reason why.

The different breeds all cap out in their attributes. I totaled up how many attribute points all the breeds have:

Solitus: 2872
    Opifex: 2912
    Nanomage: 2880
    Atrox: 2704

Look here for specific breed based skill caps.

Atrox are particularly poorly off in attributes once racial caps start coming into effect. They've got caps of 400 in Intelligence, Sense, and Psychic.
    My solution for fixing atrox is simple, raise the max breed caps for them.

Raise the breed cap on sense & psychic to 448, and the stamina cap to 544.

Stamina critically governs the cap on body development so this will allow atrox to max Hp to a reasonable advantage above Solitus. Sense strongly effects spying skills, but it won't be raised to an unreasonable ammount. Psychic directly effects nanopool, which would also be a little more balanced in this case. In the end Atrox should have a sufficiently higher amount of HP with this and a little more nanopool making them a reasonable, balanced choice in the race capped game.

Nanomage is trickier to balance as their attributes appear to be set at what I think is a reasonable amount for their description. The stamina cap of 448 really hurts their final body development cap so either a realistic non-attribute gameplay advantage needs to be thought of, or this attribute also needs to be raised.
    My proposal is to have a NCU advantage for Nanomage. Maybe something like 1 NCU gained per level on the nanomage. This would reflect their ability to control nanobots and is much more of an ingame trade-off advantage than having more nanopool for less hitpoints.

Any feedback, especially official feedback would be appreciated.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

yea atrox need help with the caps
    Kalashnakof [Over 170 LvLs Served]
    The Few, The Proud, The Unendowed
    The Troxy Soldiers of Pax Romana
    [!!!]Demands[!!!]
    [!]AR/RE 80/40 from 66/33
    [!]Nophex drop off Notum Trainie
    [!]Still waiting for AirStrike MK1-10...