Thread: Dogtags?

Question Dogtags?

Anyone know what dogtags are used for and what you do with em.

they are used in getting the tir ring that Commander Brock gives. the quest is to kill omni scum and get there tags. pretty simple. just go see him at the OP outside tir behind the building. its the one sam chin is in.
    OrionNT - Clan Nano-Tech
    Member of The Kinghts of Rubi-Ka

Webmaster @ NanoGods

this btw in my opinion was one of the best things funcom did
    it semed to be well thought out

the ring adds just enuff to be useful but not too much to be over powered

the ring or rings i should say are obtainable but do take some time but not crazy amounts of time i spent about 3-5 hours farming the lower ql ones :P

The commander is easily accesable now that the novalty has worn off

the missions are easily completable but are restricted by you level and ability to kill the needed mobs

and there is not one specific spawn that gets insanely camped to get the one item u need ( cause there is no one item needed)

this is a postive example of how a well thought out mission should be implemented in the game and more of these styles should be placed into the game

please funcom you will not learn from you mistakes mabe you can see this post and send it to the right people and you can learn from your success.
    "death comes slowly to those who anticipate it and swiftly to the unconcerned" Richard Pyott

You want a duel?.......Go play chess
    You want honor?......Go serve your country in the military

First pistol crat to reach Chief.

Proud follower of the Mexican Hat Band Cult.

*agree*

there are very few such, upgradable items/quests which continue on from newbie levels to fairly high lv and still be quite useful, and is a fun little side thing to do. alvin/dodga pads was a good first, albeit a little difficult for a lowbie, but very well made ideas in the quest, where u don't have to go kill everything (eg. 2nd part of that quest).

lets see more of these types of varying level quests!! they don't even necessarily need to give out 'item rewards'. i'd personally at least would like to see some more Titles handed out. (like the PVP rank/1k+ tokens suggestion post i made earlier)

neck boards that gives out a title before or after your name.

Tour-guide Rayfield the Leet-killer.
    (tourguide for a quest which takes an NPC to several 'sites')
    (leet-killer for a quest which a farmer made u kill a few leets off his property)

whatever....something towards that effect....and it'll be a 'neck-slot' social only item. no bonuses given other than a cute name. good RP, no balancing involved. easy to manipulate and make additions/alterations. and best of all, probably very easy to code. ^_^
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

As neutral, I feel important to say that it's clan only item
    Stercoral.

Circle G Inc. - Your safety is our business.
    http://nattguiden.no/circle-g/