Thread: Further unbalance in the next patch.

Lightbulb Further unbalance in the next patch.

The new HP gains further unbalances an issue of IP cost.

L200 Solitus Soldier/Enforcer = 719 Body Dev with Stam/BodyD. Maxed out.

719X3=2157hp

L200 Atrox Soldier/Enforcer = 727 Body Dev with Stam/BodyD. Maxed out.

727X4=2908hp

Its a 751 hp Difference.

Is 751 hp. that much? Well its 17% more bare HP. For 1% more in Nano Skills.

Atrox Get 162,187 MORE IP! with all the Attributes/BodyD/NanoPool MAXED OUT! Over Solitus.

Hey give me my IP then!!! If you give a breed Strengths and Weaknesses make it at least so that they have the same IP pool capabilities. Solitus are smarter then Atrox. They should have better IP gain/management or somthing.

Not to mention Atrox can wear Better armor WAY! sooner then Solitus.

As for my Nano Pool. I haven't raised it a point in over 90 levels. Just get a Token Board and you have enough Nano to cast anything you want.

dude

there are at least 4 threads regarding this issue flying around the next patch board.

ok 2 are closed now but still it might be a good idea to check on them first.

when comparing atrox vs solitus nanopool and health are not the prime issues.

compare their mental attributes and how they factor into the skills a soldier needs and if you still think you are gimped as soli feel free to post that on the soldier board again.

but be damn sure to put on some asbestos first.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Solis have had been considered the best breed for all professions. Solis are not being gimped...Atroxes and Nanomages are just getting what they should of had since day one.

All I can say to all the whining solis's is ......

Hahahahaha!
    Last edited by Kaliopious (old); Oct 19th, 2002 at 05:31:16.
    Hemicrusher

My Current Armor Setup Nail Armor Baby!

Stupidity Should Be Painful

LVL 200 Clan Enforcer - General of Lost Chapter

I maxed out all the Skills Soldiers need. Nano Skills "Even BioMet" and Weapon skills. Down to Full auto and Aimed shot. The Solitus still comes out 100,000 IP short!

Solitus are fine. We pay for being average with IP.
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

Really, I can't understand these posts or at least some of them. I can understand that either Atrox or NM isn't happy with the specific changes that are going to be implemented, since those are the two breeds being changed. Other than that, this stuff makes no sense to me at all.

Solitus has no drawbacks. None, zero, zippo. It has no advantages, either. That's why I have picked it for my characters (although I do admit that my next enforcer is going to be nano mage, after the next patch, because I want to see how that works out).

When I made my choice for my solitus characters, I did it with the no advantage/no disadvantage in mind. Every other breed has some advantage and some drawback. I was unwilling to make the tradeoff, so I elected to go the vanilla route.

As far as the specific changes to the two breeds, it seems to me that the Atrox one has got to have something to do with strength/stam/body dev and that the NM one has got to have something to do with int/psychic/nano pool. Those are the strengths of the respective breeds, and the change is being made to further improve them in the areas where they have existing strengths. It does make sense to me that some people aren't too happy with the way those strengths are being further improved, but it just doesn't make sense to me to call them imbalancing at all.

Furthermore, as I have stated elsewhere, I have seen nothing that indicates that this will be the last breed change. I would never, though, realistically anticipate a change for solitus because it is designed to be the middle of the road.

man

Originally posted by MKlove
    I maxed out all the Skills Soldiers need. Nano Skills "Even BioMet" and Weapon skills. Down to Full auto and Aimed shot. The Solitus still comes out 100,000 IP short!
    did you also check where your nano skills end at compared to an atrox?

that is the point here. the trox soldier is gimped to hell and back when looking at the nano reqs on even the old already in game nanos a soldier has.

if you compare it to the "we want metas and traders in every team" crap that is coming in the next patches it does not get better.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Im happy as soli, and ive heard a lot of atrox's whining about the low intel cap and lack of nano skills, bout time they got at least something sorted (obviously they still shouldnt be as good as solis with it)
    Witeboog - Soldier RK2
    First to Pandemonium on RK2
    First into IS on RK2
    First into TOTW on RK2 First to 220 on RK2
    First to form an org on RK2 First to 200 on RK2
    First soldier with ql 200 Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    First omni on RK2 First post on forums
    First Grand Master on RK2
    First to PvP on RK2
    First to solo The Beast on RK2

Ugh this is a mess. A flaming mess and I've changed my mind on the entire issue. We have solitus players saying what's best for nanomage and atroxes saying what's best for solitus. This is ridiculous. You can't voice an opinion about something you have no experience with. Your opinion becomes worthless if you've never played the breed to high levels.

I've been flamed ad naseum for sticking up for nanomages and barely care anymore, but here's a final suggestion.

SUBTLE APPROACH:

allow nanomages to have 3 points of hp per point of body dev, like the other breeds, but make their stamina dark blue and cap out earlier. This way, they lose a bit on the hp side, but not as big a difference as now.

Atrox: Raise their int/psy and sense caps and maybe up stamina caps a bit.

This way, nanomages are within 200 points of hp vs a solitus and atroxes are about 200 points hp higher than solitus.

I actually liked the idea of atroxes getting 700 more hp, but the fix for nanobreeds is just plain awful as it sits. this WILL cause problems and less and less folks will play nanomage.

We get knowitalls that play solitus and Atrox chars that think they know what's best for nanomage and it's laughable.

I don't even play my nanomage char anymore, he's frozen at lvl 174. I don't enjoy playing a meta at high levels so I rerolled characters that ar a bit more fun for me. I was only trying to lend a hand to the thousands of other nanomage characters out there. But as the old saying goes, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions. These threads are just another brick along that road. Close 'em all and let Funcom decide what's best for us. We can't agree on anything anyways and the real issue just gets muddled in anger and ignorance.
    Last edited by THEDEACON!; Oct 18th, 2002 at 18:30:28.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat