Thread: Newbie Dungeon Is Uber!!!

Newbie Dungeon Is Uber!!!

Ohh wait, I mean it sucks. It gives crap XP and the MOBs are extremely hard to kill as was origionaly intended.

In Special Encrypted Writing that FC cant read: Newbie dungeon is very nice, gives great XP and has varying LVL ranges of mobs, from 7ish to 20ish+. I entered at lvl9, in about 30-45 mins(mabie less) I was lvl 14(I know, Im uber) and I tried to kill a LVL 20 mob and got him down to 5% before he killed me and I logged. Also, Loot messages sometimes appear and sometimes dont, althought they are still pretty anoying if you do get em.

PS: My Test Char is a MA..... :/ :-) 8) (-:P
    My Uber L33t Setup Includes:

Blazindro Clan 125 NT

The new dungeon is nice, it's great for newbs, most mobs don't agro which is nice. XP is good and lvling is most definately fast, especially with a group.

It has a few problems however that I'm sure will be fixed with 14.6.02. IT has an.. interesting clipping problem incertain areas and it's SUPER dark. I'm sure they'll get fixed quickly.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

Access in Athen, Rome and Borealis.

Originally posted by geal
    im confused...
    Hoping they dont nerf the new dungeon by me saying its nice....
    My Uber L33t Setup Includes:

Blazindro Clan 125 NT

Arrow

Originally posted by Fion
    It has a few problems however that I'm sure will be fixed with 14.6.02. IT has an.. interesting clipping problem incertain areas and it's SUPER dark. I'm sure they'll get fixed quickly.
    The dark part is rather odd. The textures on the main surfaces all seem over-dark but many of the other textures seem over bright leading to a rather bizzare look for the entire place.

Hopefully tweaking the textures (brighten the main surface ones a bit and darken many of the others a bit) will be sufficient to give it a gloomy feel which I think is what is intended.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Cranium knows about the lighting and clipping. Only lighting in the dungeon are things that are self illuminated I think.

so this is the famed Subway?
    Auri Sacra Fames!

Specialone Clan Fixer RK-2
    Spatialone Clan Bureaucrat RK-2

I'd like to know what the player limit is on this dungeon. I would not think this place could handle more than two groups at a time. One having made it to the striking workers and starting down past the Infectors and another just walking in fighting muggers and fleas.

14 people max I think.

Gotta say, it's pretty well done for a newbie dungeon. If only they could have done Camelot like this so my guild would have a place to do a dungeon crawl.

Controls for high lvl characters

Is there anything to stop high lvl characters trashing the place and camping for the phat lewt that is droped for their twinks and tweaks?

Do multiple versions of the dungeon spawn so that low level characters actually get a chance for some action?

What i have seen at some of the dynacamps is high level characters camping, while, characters of appropriate level are forced to go elsewhere.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

You can't go in if you are over lvl25. And I hope to god that a group of six could hunt in there in peace without having to be griefed by 90 other newbs all trying to kill steal your filth fleas and stim junkies.

Arrow

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    Cranium knows about the lighting and clipping. Only lighting in the dungeon are things that are self illuminated I think.
    Makes sense, that's kinda what it looks like. Hope they don't over-light it though, it would suit slightly gloomy...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

people forget about others using different videocards.

with monitor brightness up as high as it'll go,
    i still cant see a damn thing at night. literally.
    the game is pretty-much unplayable half the time.
    the bottom half of my screen is solid black.
    the upper half is black with green dots. (stars)
    that's all I see at night.
    (and yes i wear night vision goggles)

lots of people share this problem, and it was fixed;
    but then people who wanted 'atmosphere' convinced
    funcom to over-dark everything again. it sucks.

Arrow

I have seen video cards like that before, but have never owned one (luck only mind you) - but I feel for you all the same. Maybe reviews of video cards should indicate ones with sub-standard output like that then people could avoid buying them, and manufacturers would stop making the damn things.

Originally posted by Scumbug
    people forget about others using different videocards.

with monitor brightness up as high as it'll go,
    i still cant see a damn thing at night. literally.
    the game is pretty-much unplayable half the time.
    the bottom half of my screen is solid black.
    the upper half is black with green dots. (stars)
    that's all I see at night.
    (and yes i wear night vision goggles)

lots of people share this problem, and it was fixed;
    but then people who wanted 'atmosphere' convinced
    funcom to over-dark everything again. it sucks.
    What video card do you use? You should get a video card tuning program (no idea what the correct name for them is) and crank up the gamma, I used to have this problem but as part of a fix for a different problem I downloaded Rivatuner (for my TNT2) which also had a gamma setting to adjust my video card brightness.

I found the link to such a program in this thread: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=28471
    Last edited by Redhill; Oct 20th, 2002 at 13:04:38.
    Corporal Jessant of Omni-Pol

Hehe speekin of dark, you guys should have seen how dark Formans Office was when that first came to test lol.

Yea you cannot be higher then 25 to enter the dungeon. I for one have seen people go in at lvl2 and come out at lvl15 in the same day.

Course.. you cant come out of the dungeon just yet, do to a clipping problem, you have to terminate your way out. But I'm sure that will be fixed. It is a nice dungeon, although we cant get to all the parts of it. Theres supposedly a boss monster, but I have yet to see him, probably ran right passed him lol.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

For those of you who have issues with the game being too dark:

http://www.entechtaiwan.com/ps.htm

I think I was originally referred to this by Loster. It totally changed the game for me.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

I love this high level content. Bored with your level 180+ character? re-roll and hit the level 20 dungeon!

Somebody ubertwink a lvl25 engineer so he can warp us in please?
    Cudus :: eqp

PvP....It's not just a job, it's an adventure!