Thread: Tradeskill Weapons Idea

Lightbulb Tradeskill Weapons Idea

I have amused myself from time to time Building low level weapons and dropping them on low level Charaters. (Most Look confused and say Thanks and wonder what they did to deserve this mana from heaven.)

But in Building the weapons I wonder if why can't you Upgrade weapons you already have. In example.

Take a Pitol consruction Kit.
    add a Weapon Upgrade kit to it. (this is a New item to allow the Upgrade.)
    Add various parts to upgrade for the weapon. (They can change the Range, Ammo Amount, Damage Min & Max, Crit chance and also the Damage type. From Projectile to Chemical though this can change its ammo type.)
    When done the upgrade is used on the weapon. Upgrading it. and Making it a NoDrop.
    It cannot change the Requirements of the gun or its Special Attacks. (i.e. Fling Shot, Burst, etc. etc.)

The Upgrades will have a QL and you can only apply it to weapons of that QL or higher to prevent a QL 50 weapon having a 200 QL Upgrade. It'd be cool but unfair.

I'm still thinking on it and will listen to replies and post responses.

From Brent..

Blackswords RK-1

This actually sounds cool. it would also save alot of time to upgrade some boss only weapons that don't drop ofton enough.

SS

Fantastic idea....only I dont think the weapon should be nodrop once you upgrade it. Being able to sell/trade them would be a great way to get special made weapons. Though, maybe make the items unique or have a time limit set on them like that upgraded tank armor...overtuned? i forgot what its called. Err but it dissapears after so many hours of being equiped. The higer the ql the longer it lasts. 1hr per ql maybe?
    Rk1- Sol Epsilon3

-Gameover Man
    -Summoned, I come. I take the place which has been Prepared for me. I am grey, I stand between the candle and the star. We are grey, we stand between the darknes, and the light.

Not bad an idea, this. Bumpage!

Eventually, you can buy/find a '(weapontype) Modification Kit' that allows you to put a weapon of the right type into the kit - let' say a pistol.

This puts the weapon into 'modification mode' which allows some alterations to be done to it. Want greater ammo capacity? Add a magazine. Better range? Add a high-tech sighting mechanism.

Some weapons might have specials added/removed as well - adding Flingshot to a pistol that has no specials, for instance. But this would likely raise the requirements for that weapon, in addition that the Flingshot skill is now also required.

*drools, wanting to create/modify an infinite variety of weapons*
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Lightbulb

Been thinking more on this Idea.

Modifications to Weapon. Parts to make can be Bought at any store but must be of QL or Higher of weapon being Modified.
    Also You must Choose what systems to modify.

Range or Ammo Capacity.
    Faster Weapon Speed or better chance of Critial hits
    Alter Damge type or Increase Base Damage

You cannot do all six you must choose which of the 3 pairs you will modify and the weapon can be Modified only once.

Nolonger Is the weapon a Nodrop.

New Ideas along the same lines

Weapon Quality Level Mods (found as Loot Only)

These Improve the QL of the weapon they are applied to allowing a weapon you no been able to find a better one of to increase it's use to you. Also if used the Weapon so changed cannot be Modified as discussed above.

Special Attack Mods (found as Boss Loot Only)

These Rarest of Mods give a Weapon a special attack it didn't have before. Available mods are Fling Shot, Burst, Full Auto and Aimed shot. If a weapons is so modified it will gain the applicable Skill need to use the special attack. Also the weapon cannot be Modified by either mods discussed above.

This Idea will make Customization of Items more fun for Players. however I have no idea how much difficulty it would be to Implement.

From Brent

um if you read the description of an engineer, he is supposed to modify weapons. too bad only weapon to modify is a chem mausser... sure i'll bump for this.
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Thumbs up I like it

An exellent idea, one that has been brought up before in the dim past (6-8 months ago). Unfortunatly, it was ignored then, and will likely be ignored now. But it gets the bump anyway.
    ++++++++++++++++++
    Swing
    199 Solitus Engeneer
    Omni-Tek, TestLive
    "It used to be that brave heroes would go out into the darkness and slay monsters. Now that we've banished the darkness, we've discovered we're all monsters."

yup really freat idea

and may be we can add specification like sme bonus work with specif proff ???

yu relly change the look of the game even if we all have the same armor and same guns we could each one have different specificities )

really great idea ))

bump

just putting it at the top for more Opinion ideas

Re: Tradeskill Weapons Idea

Originally posted by Brent7s
    (Most Look confused and say Thanks and wonder what they did to deserve this mana from heaven.)
    Then they realize almost all guns which can be made are crap and sell it to the shop for parts
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix