Thread: Is Halving crits NT love in disguise?

Is Halving crits NT love in disguise?

If crits are reduced in frequency this should make NT's, who's nukes dont rely on crits, quite a bit more powerful against ever other non nuking profession. Am I wrong?
    ~Streaz~
    "Self Proclaimed Fixer God since Jan 2002"

Note: This account was stolen from me by someone I thought I could trust. I didn't realize what was going on untill someone from my guild contacted me and let me know what was happening. Funcom was gracious enough to give the account back to me, the original owner, but the account is deactivated for the time being and my main concern was just getting it out of the hands of an unsavory character. Sorry for the drama.

-Streaz

So and so. It doesn't help only NTs, it help all nuking classes (NT, MP, Crat) and it makes even more hard to kill the good healing classes (advent/doc).

Also soldiers that use the new guns (level 175 requirement unfortunately) will also get a good boost because those guns have high min damage and very good non-crit reliant damage. Same can be said about enforcers, as they have some good non-crit reliant weapons (bad part is that they might need to IPR to use them and not all are easily accessible).

So NTs are just only one of the classes that will get a boost by this. The most affected will be the MAs, agents (even if that 100% crit buff is made 200% , they still have a bunch of other crit buffs and items and they rely on crits) traders and kind of everyone else using ithaca or other crit or die weapons.

i think docs will benifit the most from this we are built to out last in pvp not overwhelm and this patch is only going to help us out even more lowering dmg delt to us
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

Re: Is Halving crits NT love in disguise?

Originally posted by streaz18
    If crits are reduced in frequency this should make NT's, who's nukes dont rely on crits, quite a bit more powerful against ever other non nuking profession. Am I wrong?
    No, doesn't make us more powerful at all. Instead it takes away our ability to do damage as much as it does for others.

For example, while we surely will have a better time with agents and MA's (who will still be much more viable at landing crits then we are ) we will have worse chances when fighting those that can kill us with one debuff (MP, Trader, Doc) or counter every nuke (enfocer, and anyone else who maxxes nano resist).

I know what you are saying, but all my alts will have a better time in pvp because of this. It means that my soldier can enjoy his reflect shield instead of throwing up TMS the second the fight starts. My doc won't have to waste a complete heal at the beginning of every fight (docs, adventurers and MA"s are going to be REALLY hard now). Know what I mean?

MAs' damage is entirely crit reliant. reduce crits and we hurt badly. I rolled an MA because I wanted a challenge in pvp. I wanted to be good but have weaknesses. But as of the next patch my crit rate (fist crits are typically lower than gun crits of an equal ql and attack rating) will be cut in half and I will not have a way to break roots.

Versus a ranged profession that roots, such as an agent, fixer, hell even a crat, they could just root, move away, shoot, root, rinse, repeat. Ouch. That actually hurts alot considering our low base damage.

when I rolled the MA, I said to a good friend "Im picking this profession because they got love recently, which means I got a couple months to lvl him up before the swing the nerf bat". Nobody believed me that it was coming. But I had no idea we were getting nerfed like this. Had I known, I wouldnt have wasted my time leveling an MA.

I'm actually scared to roll any other character, as they are sure to be nerfed sooner or later. this is really bad. I love AO to death, but if every character is going to end in frustration, I dunno...

I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it goes...
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

I play a DOC as one of my character. The Crit nerf doesnt help me. Why?

Easily, I dont PvP. I face NPCs that unless for some REASON of GOD have these CRIT items and buffs stacked, sometimes hit me for a CRIT on every shot. I was majorly effected by the making of the MA buffs self only, and introing 2 REALLY SUCKY crit buffs that take way to much NCU, since my Teaming partner is MA.

I Play an NT, and the Crit Nerf Doesnt help me one bit. Why?

Because I dont PvP. I go toe to toe with an NPC and No Joke this is my normally type damage lines minus their damage line to me:
    You begin casting...
    Interupt
    You begin casting...
    Damage ....
    You begin casting....
    Fumble...
    You begin casting...
    ? (no damamge, no resist, lost a bunch of nanos and had to wait for recharge)
    You begin casting...
    You begin casting ...
    Damage....
    You begin casting...
    Damage...
    You begin casting...
    You begin casting...
    Damage...

Normally about this time I begin RUNNING for mission door.
    Plus when was the last time you saw:
    NT does Crit Damage with NanoProg?

So Ive figured this out, Dont PvP and this really doesnt effect you.

Tho the stated changes to items and progs will kinda make sense, I do hate to see it happening cause in the PvP end I can see where it can hurt.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=46138
    Last edited by GreyBear; Nov 2nd, 2002 at 12:42:19.

laugh

nt's won't be affected by the crit nerf? riiight. so my flashpoint and river will do the exact same dmg in pvp? riiiight. fling/fa are crit based, my aimedshot is crit based, and my river is totally crit based. and guess what, im not getting a full ipr. you know how many ipr points i'd need with my setup to switch to a different gun? well it's a lot more than i have. and i'm not an isolated case. most nt's (ones that pvp, ill leave out the ones that dont because this doesn't concern them) use crit guns like ithaca, flashpoint, raids, etc. so don't think that everyone is getting the shaft here but nt's. most of my damage in pvp comes from my alpha which is very crit dependant. some classes have to rely on doing lots of damage fast to win against some other classes. this involves crits. it'll throw off the way pvp is now, along with everyone's long term strategies regarding skill choices. then to NOT include a full ip reset? bah..

cyanid3
    170 nt

Re: laugh

Originally posted by cyanid3
    nt's won't be affected by the crit nerf? riiight. so my flashpoint and river will do the exact same dmg in pvp? riiiight. fling/fa are crit based, my aimedshot is crit based, and my river is totally crit based. and guess what, im not getting a full ipr. you know how many ipr points i'd need with my setup to switch to a different gun? well it's a lot more than i have. and i'm not an isolated case. most nt's (ones that pvp, ill leave out the ones that dont because this doesn't concern them) use crit guns like ithaca, flashpoint, raids, etc. so don't think that everyone is getting the shaft here but nt's. most of my damage in pvp comes from my alpha which is very crit dependant. some classes have to rely on doing lots of damage fast to win against some other classes. this involves crits. it'll throw off the way pvp is now, along with everyone's long term strategies regarding skill choices. then to NOT include a full ip reset? bah..

cyanid3
    170 nt
    I will still wield my ithaca. You don't need to crit all the time if others aren't. I used an ithaca on my doc and she is just fine with a 5% scope.

People got way to fecking spoiled with LMA and UVC.