Thread: Want to buy a Yalmaha ? You are taking a risk.

Exclamation Want to buy a Yalmaha ? You are taking a risk.

Check sig.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Some of us turned off sigs because of the morons who think it's the best place to post their complete list of characters, their entire browser bookmark list, their 17 favorite quotes, and their unfinished novel.

So what the heck are you talking about?

Originally posted by Bootes
    Some of us turned off sigs because of the morons who think it's the best place to post their complete list of characters, their entire browser bookmark list, their 17 favorite quotes, and their unfinished novel.

So what the heck are you talking about?
    gotta laugh

Some of us don't bother posting when they did not get enough sleep, or until their puberty issues are solved.

Whatever is faster for you.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

LMAO

PS: grats on a happy end on the yal probs.
    I AM Kantarell I AM Mbutu
    Techno-Wizard is the most fun to play!

Originally posted by Gummizluv
    Some of us don't bother posting when they did not get enough sleep, or until their puberty issues are solved.

Whatever is faster for you.
    Omg. I think I broke a rib. :P

Issue solved for those that were concerned.

I cross-post the result : the Yalm code is checking your Vehicle Air skill when you zone, without consideration for any modificators (implants, armor parts, nanos). Being in full Dillon's atm, I had a VA skill a few points above what it would be 'naked'.

Hence the Yalm considered it was OE and refused to fly.

I invested a few more points in this light green skill, not bothering the wait for the 14.6 patch that should correct this little annoying bug.

Kudos to Caol for the correct explanation.

Originally posted by Gummizluv
    Issue solved for those that were concerned.

I cross-post the result : the Yalm code is checking your Vehicle Air skill when you zone, without consideration for any modificators (implants, armor parts, nanos). Being in full Dillon's atm, I had a VA skill a few points above what it would be 'naked'.

Hence the Yalm considered it was OE and refused to fly.

I invested a few more points in this light green skill, not bothering the wait for the 14.6 patch that should correct this little annoying bug.

Kudos to Caol for the correct explanation.
    It does infact take implants, armor and items/nanos into the consideration as long as the items modifies the skill in question DIRECT. (not thru abilities)

I.e if you had one of Cz nanos "Escape from the Forum Trolls", that adds +900 Vehicle Air, you would not be in trouble.

The problem is when implants, armor and items/nanos modifies the main abilities that dribble down into Vehicle Air. These points that come directly from ability modifiers (dribble down), will not be taken into account in the "zone-calculation". This is not fixed in 14.6.

Btw, loved your razor tounge reply, Gumm. Moooo hoooh!
    Last edited by Caol; Nov 6th, 2002 at 12:53:00.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

just read over the new patch notes....

Fixed a size bug that occurred when de-equipping a Yalmaha.
    WOOT!!! i origionally thought this one could not be fixed or they would of fixed it months ago... i guess it just made it to the top of the 'to fix list' thx you FC... this was very annoying

Fixed a bug where your Yalmaha would continue to be greyed out when taken from your wear-view to your inventory.
    and this one will never bother us again.... YA!!!!
    JapellaZ
    Bureaucrat

'If you think you finally found the perfect light... i hope it's true' -Belly

Originally posted by Japella
    just read over the new patch notes....

WOOT!!! i origionally thought this one could not be fixed or they would of fixed it months ago... i guess it just made it to the top of the 'to fix list' thx you FC... this was very annoying

and this one will never bother us again.... YA!!!!
    Visual bugs with Yalm have always been. Don't count on getting rid of them.
    AO wouldn't be same without these glitches.