Thread: Please Please someone read

Please Please someone read

I think that in order to make AO a little bit more fun you should have monster invasions except for the newbie areas. I think that would be a lot of fun. Ultima had that and it was the only good thing ever in that game. Since there are a lot more mature players in UO maybe you should have different level monsters attack different towns. Or at least have them outside the gates and disable guards. I think this would make game play for both the role players as well as non role players. Well that just my tidbit. I think it is at least worth a try.

I shudder to think how any AO town or city would cope with such an invasion.
    I don't mean the players in the said town/city, I mean the servers and sheer lag that would be caused.

Nice enough idea, personally I just don't think the servers are up to something that big.

Agreed, and if the servers could take it my poor system probably couldn't. Even a p4-2.4 is gonna choke on a hundred mobs.

Well Krazy, about a year ago, FC did a lot of what you are suggesting. The problem being that the AO community just didn't have the communicatioin skills to pass the word around like we do now. Cyborgs invaded Lush Resort....and others....the ever so wanted to return Mr Pumpkinheads. I think the reason FC dropped it, was lack of player involvement at the time. Unfortunately, I think we would still have the same problem now.

We complained without attacks, we complained when there were attacks. Like the story too, we complain there is none, but whenever something big happens there are always those unique few who manage to complain.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

The only thing i dont like about the story line is that nobody knows about it except the GM's and their friends.

Its like a elite group of freinds get to do the story line and everyone else can just read about it.
    Whatever...

-edit
    d'oh! I read the first post completely wrong! *slaps head*

Anyway..... with the new info into my brain, I post this instead:

Now, invations in are nice.

Like the one we had in Clon****. That was fun. Too bad clanners came and helped us. If something like this would happen in a clan territory, I would be killing clanguards. Not the ones invading my enemies
    Last edited by Skybert; Nov 1st, 2002 at 08:50:28.

What about the Leet invasion

There was a Leet invasion for about 4 months or so back in time.... not sure about the time but it was there...
    I know only that Tir was attacked. and there was a Leet Queen.

And after that a month or so there where omni Bots dropping down from the sky and it took about 70 players to kill him. not verifyed but it is said it was a new super wpn(at that time anyway)

Invasions would be great!!!

After playing these type of games for years, invasions have been the most exciting part for me. Having random mobs hitting in various areas is a great idea. Perhaps lingering outside of towns (to avoid lag) just close enuff to draw the townspeople out to battle them. Think of the Guilds messaging "Giant Ants are attacking outside of NewLand come help us defeat them!!". It's a rush and loads of fun... I vote for INVASIONS!!!!

I remember couple of things, that I went to...

But just like the story line... they never evolved into anything.

Very depressing if you ask me
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

i like the idea

it's a good idea ,but like many have said i think the sever would go splat.

on the other hand im not sure right now would be a good time for that because i know a lot of people [myself included] that are feeling a blow of gamers turnover as crepuscular said i dout there
    would be much involvement on player side

when things get more stable again and new guild rise ect ect
    would be a good idea but since Anarchy is in bit of chaos[sorry had to you the spun ] i dout much would happen cept a lot of low lvl bodys by the whopa's and shop's

I want invasions

I want invasions everywhere

Mass mobs roaming the streets
    looking to eat the leets and the n00bs
    and the old sk00l fools who think they are leets

Perhaps when the moons are right
    the leets and shades will rise for a fight
    on a monthly basis so we can look forward to the night
    when we fight for the right to sleep tight.

Me want invasions! of all descriptions!
    Screw the n00bs who wouldnt understand!
    They will think its planned, and learn to command
    the power in their hearts and in their hands

To defend their cities, and loved ones
    From the throngs of raiding hoards
    while the wimps light their flamethrowers
    and complain to these boards.

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Thumbs up I love the idea

GREAT IDEA, GREAT, LOVE IT!!!
    Want to kiss you KrazyLegs!!
    I heard about an attack on Tir once, about a year ago, right outside the gates, with dragons and much more.
    I think all of Tir came out there and fought.

An unexpected attack on Entertainment wouldn't do any damage, just save and go out there and get a kick.
    Would really get more players to!
    Thengol and Arnt united

I once been in an event involving rhinos in Newland (and athen and tir and God knows where else) we strted attacknig the rhinos en masse -- result -- half the fighting force ld-ed, I had to login to a different character which ld-ed as well at more or less the same location.

I feel FunCom is really trying with those sort of events (or at least did, respect for that) but the servers just can't take that many players in the same location....

-mah
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

I would like AClike events which EVERYONE can participate in and I would love it if the storyline of the game was something that was in-game rather than an HTML story on a website somewhere.
    Fear is the Mind Killer.
    You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?