Thread: Hybred Professions

Hybred Professions

Hybred Professions

Wouldnt it make the game more interesting if we could take other professions like in other games like D@D. You know like fighter mages or fighter thiefs. But with us it would be Enforcer MPs or Agent Docs in Trader mode.

Now hear me out first before you thump on my idea. This is how FC could do it. Say you pick a profession and you get all the bonuses and negitives of that profession. And any armor or profession only stuff still requires you to be that profession. But we get a new page on our skills and call it Hybred Professions and have a tab for every profession on it. On this page it makes it so that we could use our IP on the use of other Professions nanos. So if your an Eng and you would love to use some low level MA buffs you could put points in MA and use some of there nanos.

Of course there would have to be have restrictions on how high of other professions nanos you could use. Like if you was level 10 then the highest of any other professions nano you could use is level 5QL. Say cut it in half just to keep all professions different from each other. It would really be dumb if one Profession could do all anothers nanos. But at level 200 a char doing level 100 nanos in another profession would be kinda cool. Muti nanos skill would make all kinds of new game play.

Ok now say your a NT and you put points into the NT tab in your Hybred Profession page. Well funcom could add NT nanos that required you to put IP points in NT and the same for all other Professions. This would allow nanos that no other profession to use at any time just NTs.

Ok now this also would be a drain on IP making it impossable to to all other proffesions nanos. Forcing you to really think about where to put IP. Example...Do I really need a gun with full auto or do I want a lower IP weapon so I can use that low fixer run buff. In that way the game would even itself out. People would have to really think hard if it would be worth the IP to use other nanos.

OK all I know this is just a pipe dream and it will never ever happen but its still fun to think of all the posabillitys and combinations something like this would add to the game.

Eunucha 195

Thumbs up

Yah... i wanna cast UVC
    Faizan 216/13 Sol - Omni - Inner circle
    ¤=)===> - <===(=¤
    My type is: SKA
    Socializer 73%
    Killer 66%
    Achiever 40%
    Explorer 20%

Current Equip - Still To Get!

¤=)===> - <===(=¤

Yah... i wanna cast KoT :P

mmmm MA Enforcer *drool*

or Solja Doc mmmm

or Trader Doc *wow*

or best of all GA IV fixa/Trader/doc

*faint*

then again, what about agents, they already got this
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

errmmmmm I think you are trying to get the Agent prof already in the game to be "as it says on the tin". AO already has this option (if more and more gimped from the original high initial damage fecked for long fights but can make use of other profs nanos at a cost) in the Agent.
    Promoo - Agent, Clan on Rimor
    Still alive but now dressed in spandex and called Big Gun in CoH
    Keeper Of Tiggy

Happy Tree Friends - The best animation on the web

Woot NT/Doc

team health buff + Targeted health buff... + Crunch com + HE... who needs outside buffs now oh well maybe MP NT where you can mastery yourself ,have a heal pet and do ubar nukes...
    Gawk! MP/engi/crat and have 7 pets! now if they could just tip that table over...

bla :P perhaps just give the optoin to delete all your nanos, reset all your ip and swap professions once every title level... cost is you lose all your nice nanos so less Grid armor out there.. benifit is your a new profession...

NT/ADV that would be scary (+7k hp and a Null2+last word)

he he
    as if new Adv weren't confused about what our class is........j/k

Seriousley, nice idea, not sure we'll ever see it though.

Peace
    cal
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.