Thread: Apartments

Lightbulb Apartments

As a citizen of Rubi-ka I feel that it is our rights as such to live and work in any apartment, shack and home that we wish to. In any city or county we feel suits or individual needs.

I suggest that apartments should be capable of being traded, sold, and purchased.

The benefit to the game will be to control character population in some of the more populated cities and townships.

Secondly I suggest that apartments and their furnishings be more interactive.

As in furnishings that are storage devices need to be useable as they are designed to, you need to have use of chairs, beds, and tables again as they are intended to be used.

I would also like to suggest that we be given the opportunity to loot the mission areas of their furnishings.

This would have to be within reason, carrying capacity based limitations most likely.

Furthermore I suggest we be given the capability of inviting our teams and individuals in to our homes.

This would give everyone the ability to meet in private, and create safe houses in hostile areas. It will also allow married couples to share living quarters.

Having a large walk-in closet with limited storage capacity just promotes a nomadic life style. We as individuals have a need to base our self’s out of our homes. The Clans and their underground movements need this more so.

The benefit to the game will be to control character population in some of the more populated cities and townships.
    For me, the interesting aspect of cities is exactly the population density. It is simply much more fun with a whole crowd of people doing their thing and/or interacting. The only reason you'd want to limit it is due to the technical problem of the server being unable to handle the load. So, limiting poplulation in an area is a work-around to the meta problem of supporting the environment, not a desirable feature to be sought after.

In terms of apartments, I'd like to live directly downtown in Trade. The highrises are too far out of the way for me, and I wouldn't use one even it they worked.

If they worked, and were conveniently located, then yes, I like to see all the features of a real apartment: beds, sofas, tables, kitchen appliances, etc. etc. I'd especially like a closet with my clothes accessible so I could dress in a well lit area.

Being able to have friends over would be an excellent incentive to be creative and furnish your home with style. Then new rare items that had nothing to do with combat could become valuable. Perhaps people would be more inclined to take off their armor then too.

*apartment_thread_01643 chokes, dies and take a name change to "a Dead Horse"*

Sorry guys ... but :

!! DEAD HORSE AWARD !!
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

Well cado
    I thought this was a suggestion forum to AO.

The only thing that needs to die is your pessimisum!

we are just trying to ask for improvements to the game! and to improve our fun playing the game!

if we as player all ask for the changes the more likely they may happen, FC would like to continue to make money with this game.
    if they don't improve it they will just start losing money and the game will lose players!

so I would have to give you the
    JOYKILL
    award for dumb comments like that!

I'm sorry.
    You are right offcourse, it would be nice to see it.

But ...

You just started a new thread instead of using one of the already existing threads.
    And lets be brutally honest here shall we ?
    There have been posts about improvements to Apartments since the game was released - So you see any improvements yet ?

No ?

That's because they don't care about Apartments.
    Simple as that really.
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

FC may not care about apartments, but just looking at the constant threads about this and overwhelming support for improved apartments anyone can see that the players care alot. Sooner or later FC is going to listen to the majority of the plaers and give us nice homes

Instead of just re-doing the exisiting apartment structure...Perhaps a major overhaul of the entire content of Apartments would make it more player "rewarding". Funcom spent alot of time to update and touch up the new character setup options (which are way cool)...

I would like to see different types of Architectures, perhaps were the elite players of that could "afford" it, have an entire penthouse with a balcony, perhaps even able to park your yalms on and enter and exit from your own loft overlooking the entire city...

Or adventures that love the outdoors, able to purchase an entire cave/cavern network...

Something different...

I too agree this issue has been brought up many times, but if there going to take the time to fix it... I say totaly re-do the entire system of it. Upper level players are walking around hundreds and hundreds of millions of credits with not much to spend on. Now a "uber" home, to use as a "base" of operations, to decorate and mold how you like would make every player a little unique IMOP....

Just a thought....

Originally posted by Krelloine
    I would like to see different types of Architectures, perhaps where the elite players of that could "afford" it, have an entire penthouse with a balcony, perhaps even able to park your yalms on and enter and exit from your own loft overlooking the entire city...
    Hehe I already camp my mains on balconies in Trade. Just waiting to get in the door