Thread: Hunting Places for Notum Chips??

Hunting Places for Notum Chips??

Has anyone Noted any Hunting places for notum chips?

They are used to Stablize the OT liquid nanobots now available in the Trade section of Stores.

I Need some, and it would be nice if there was someplace to hunt for them as opposed to Spamming the shopping channel and doing missions.

So this is also a P.S. of , Save those Notum Chips, people will probably buy them for a decent Price.

I am on RK 2 and seeking a QL 48 at the moment with my Trader Nanotripper.
    If you are Failing to Plan,

You are Planning to Fail.

Pre 14.6 I believe notum chips dropped in the Foreman's dungeon off various mobs upto ql50ish. Haven't checked since 14.6 though

As our guild hit Foreman's last night, I can confirm that it's a good place to find ql50-56ish notum chips and fragments. Of course an idea of which mobs drop these more often would help with finding higher level places to hunt for them.
    DrDaer: Doctor for Hire, Daerdevil: Speed Addict,
    RevDaer: Prophet for Profit, MaestroDaer: Salesman of DOOM (tm)
    ... all part of the collective conciousness know as Daerkannon
    Squad Commander of the Rogue's Gallery

Can I smash a notum nugget with a hammer?
    I'll go back to 2hb if I can
    50-56 don't help me now. I need like 80-100.

This info has to be out there somewhere... somebody jsut doesn't wanna share it....
    Can't blame them though. If you found a gold mine, would you tell everybody in town where it was?
    Garishna Dual pistol slinging adventurer without a clue.

Spiders

There's a spider camp in WW that I know drops a lot of jewelry related items, but again only ql50ish. I know there are higher level spider camps around, but I'm not sure how high you can find spiders and wether or not they'll all drop jewelry parts. My nano-gimp doc can't even solo these, so I can't really experiment for myself. The theory is that anything dropping jewerly parts will drop notum chips and frags once in a while.
    DrDaer: Doctor for Hire, Daerdevil: Speed Addict,
    RevDaer: Prophet for Profit, MaestroDaer: Salesman of DOOM (tm)
    ... all part of the collective conciousness know as Daerkannon
    Squad Commander of the Rogue's Gallery

Spiders. Now I remember which mid-level mob dropped lots of jewely

Anyway there's Red Widows all over Andromeda, and also in a crater in Mort which may drop the QL you're looking for.

Cold, your postcount is fewckin 1337 man!
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Gah
    darn it now I missed it!

*deletes posts*

nah

I tried to find a camp around in Pleasant Meadows, I found camps that dropped some stuff more than others. One camp dropped much ranged tradeskill items, others dropped weapons etc. When I ran through PM I killed some spiders and they did drop stones, gems etc - but didn't see notums at the few I killed.

success

Spiders do indeed drop lots of gems.... and... a notum chip

Hmm. So off spider hunting eh? Just need to find the right level. I've a ql141 helm, so think I need ql127+ bots and ql115+ chips, correct? So spiders around level 120...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Highest spider I know of is the Red Widow, QL80ish... I think omi may drop them too, only I don't know of a decent spawn for those, and even then you'd have to be lucky to get a 115+. Plants might be your best bet.

... another place

When you come out of Foremans Dungeon, go north to zone border (desert) .

Along that border is a bunch of mobs , (scorpiods, spiders, hyenas) i jsut started taking out spiders, and found notum chips, (low QL 30-40ish) continue east to Bliss, lots of spiders, seems about every 30-40th one drops it.

Have done this twice, and got notum chips both times.

Hope this helps.

It seems to be just luck.
    Monday I went hunting plants and wolves lvl 100-150ish and in about 1 hour of killing 3 bits dropped.
    Tuesday I went back to the same spot for FOUR hours and not one bit dropped.. lots of fricken silveronyx-i-look-like-notum-to-get-your-hopes-up stuff tho
    Wednesday I went and cleared out the same spot again, nothing, went to do some lvl 60ish spider boss camps in WW, 3 camps+ wandering mobs = nothing.
    Later on wednesday went to EFP meds 1 1/2 hour = nothing, hive guardians/snakes/demons east of meds 1/2 hour, nothing, basalt pit lizard .. fricken silver onyx! (When I looted this and it had a bit of notum looking stuff on it I was so happy, I thought i'd found a hidden spawn of it.. hehe) Then went to ace camp and couldnt get any loot cause there were 3 teams of 190+ clanner scum there .. wtf is that all about?

oh well, hope this helps someone .. it's a damn rare drop, got 2 off dogs and 1 off a plant in the wild.. jack off the rest.

--Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

Must be all luck, me and some guildies killed spiders for llike 2 hours and got one piece or notum.

Ah well it was worth a shot anyhow.
    Garishna Dual pistol slinging adventurer without a clue.

Cool

Doc and MA mobs drop them in missions, got a notum frag and a soul frag in 2 missions the other day
    Shade "Jaxin" Dathomir

All RK2(Rimor) characters.
    Rookie Jaxin Non-GA fixer 145 Days
    Freshmen Gigg GA fixer 34 Days
    Geleb Samurai Doctor 5 Days
    Rookie Jaxn Necromancer 12 Days

Push--> . <--Shove

2 days of hunting spiders for a few hours a day, 4 notum bits so far. One more week and I'll have a set of barter armor

Oh, and I hate Silver Onyxes hehe

Cool

Tried hunting some flowers SE from the whine whompa yesterday, they seem to trop lots of tradeskills, but i didnt find any notums..

Problem with flowers is that they usually is in groups of 3-10, and they got insane range...

I could do 4 at the time, but more than that ment death/run...

I'll try hunting some more when i get home, and hopefully post any good result here

Also found some cool mobs at the S boarder of whine, dont remember names, but they were ok xp, and found some ql200 meat too
    Powerbull Ganjidoc Marweloz Nukebull

"The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money costs less."
    Brendan Francis.