Thread: Community Update - Nov 15

Community Update - Nov 15

Hm, this might turn into a late Friday ritual. Not very late right now, but I have to leave 'early' today. Anyhow, time for a little update from me.

I had a bad backlog (still have some) from last week on e-mails (my own, plus those going to feedback / community), and had to spend more time on those than on the bulletin board and other issues.

Also, several meetings have dug into my time. These meetings are my most efficient channels on communicating your concerns to the dev team, so they're well spent time though.

On IRC, I must say my time there is very limited, and that's how it has to be. I have a hard time turning down people who want to talk, and such conversations often demand several hours of my time those days I go in there. While I greatly appreciate talking with people on a personal level, I hope people understand that my job is to focus on the entire community as a whole, and have to spend most of my time on that.

And that's how it works with e-mails too. While I appreciate a lot of feedback, I can't keep up long conversations by e-mail. I read it all (promise!), but sometime time doesn't even permit me writing much of a reply. When I get into a situation where I have to choose between giving attention to the whole community, or one player, I will always choose the whole community. (And between a ranting irrate e-mail and calm and constructive one, I choose the latter, because it takes less time and gives me more useful information.)

Just felt I should explain that now that I had some days that made me unable to give a lot of attention to some issues and channels of communication.

And of course, while writing this I have been interrupted 6 times , and now really have to go get some food and go meet up with some friends of mine.

I'll probably be at work tomorrow though, and might cover some more specific issues then, and of course on Sunday when we have the House of Commons at Stratics. Be there.

Your leet avatar looks pretty tired/sad :-)
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

I agree Raz.

Hey Cz, ya ol Leet. cheer up. get a happyer leety picture there
    "AO is like the ugly duckling, slowly turning into a swan as time goes by."
    Lance Orbin aka Gridfan of GridStream Productions

Arrow

Heh, Cz, have a chat with Seducera on test, she'll fix you up a new happy leet

Seriously though, we really appreciate all your hard work, so since its friday and all, /me gives Cz a very big cookie

(edit: drat, that turned out to not be so serious after all...)
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

I think you should hire me as a community rep.
    You could use some help.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Talking

Originally posted by Darkbane
    Heh, Cz, have a chat with Seducera on test, she'll fix you up a new happy leet
    *grins a leety grin at Darkbane* Ahhh hah! All those days and weeks and months of barraging you with leety propaganda from my characters on test have worked! *smiles* Naw, you've always been strong with the Power of Leet, you're cool like that!

*turns her attention to Cz and nudges him with her leety nose and manages to not shed on him this time, and makes an attempt to entice him with Leety Goodness.* I'd originally come up with those designs when Cosmik mentioned in a thread about folks coming up with ideas for a new avatar for him. I had created the leet ones, specifically for Cz...because... he likes leets, and stuff. And that is a Very Good Thing, to like leets. *nods emphatically*

*rambles on, expounding leet propaganda* Never, ever, underestimate the Power of Leet.

Right. *cough* Anyways. In all seriousness, your weekly updates are very much appreciated--very wonderfully leety of you to do this. I thank you, the Leet in all of us thank you.

Be well.

TRAVEL TO RUBI-KA
    A website providing maps of Rubi-Ka,
    playfields, Whom-Pah & Grid maps,
    in-game maps, and more.

http://travel.to/rubi-ka

Discover Leety Goodness at:
    http://how.to/leet

Originally posted by Razishlyat
    Your leet avatar looks pretty tired/sad :-)
    Oh, that's a leet! I thought it was some sort of weird Dune-ish worm monster thing...
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.