Thread: See what you think about this Idea!

See what you think about this Idea!

Ok here goes....

I posted this as a reply to a thread a long time ago and I felt that it was time re-visit it and get some feedback....and mabye just mabye someone at FC will read this (I doubt it) but anyhow here it is............

It seems as that as AO has progressed as a game the same issue is at the heart of all the problems. And this would be "CLASS BALANCING". Now before you click the "back" button and sigh and say "Oh my god another My Char is gimped *****er"...read on.

I see many many posts on things like..... Community, new weapons that can't be used, no-one will help me and they are the only ones that can help, I can't find a team, my pet loves to hump doors, why to my Nano's suck......you get the idea.

Now chew on this and and lets get some feedback.....

How bout ANY class can use (gasp) ANY NANO and or WEAPONS and ARMOR!!!

OH MY GOD....Dannix has lost it!

But wait, why not is what I say....why cant a MA use a Damage shield....why can't a Doctor have a Pet.....FC has made sure that class can't fight by itself. Why can't a Trader use MA mastery.....my god its 45000 years in the future and we are still stuck with a Cleric that can't fight and a Warrior that can't heal. WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!

Sure there would be penalities to use the class only nano's but who says that everyone should be stuck in a box and play by FC's rules.

Now the big thing that people would say is "If FC did that then no-one would want my (Insert class and race) in thier team. I say bull.....I for one would like a Doctor that could woop ass and still heal fighting next to my MA....or a Trader that could hit hard and still give people a Wrangle. How bout a ENF that has a pet so they as the main tank can heal up and arent a nano sponge for the healer.

See the problem has become that people are not playing the classes that can't take care of themselves or need extra downtime to play. So in the long run you are seeing less and less of the utility classes and more and more of the "DO ALL" classes. I find this disturbing, AO is supposed to be fun and its becoming yet another Hack and LVL game......

So there it is...my idea, I post this hoping for some constuctive input and mabye the idea that FC will see a future for this, because we all want to have fun and typing "LIST" and seeing 12344 Fixers and 2 nano techs is getting a little old!

Thanx for your time I know this was kinda long
    Dannix 76 MA

Ummmm FC says we should play by their rules, it is their game after all.

If everyone was playing the "DO ALL" classes then why isnt the ADV population on a boom, they are the that class.

As for everyone being able to use everyone elses nanos, yes you are crazy, the whole game at that point would be.

Atrox - Enforcer

Using: GA, NS, CH, MOP, OS, and a ton of others while tossing a Slayerdroid at you, swinging a EOT, and Ransacking everyone.

I see that your level 76, maybe when your level 150+ you will see the folly of this suggestion.

No offense interesting idea, but highly impossible.

Jagdtyger

Thumbs down What about Agents?

The idea of being able to cast any nano you want is nice, but I think that what you'd find is immediately everybody would go out and buy all the nanos, and suddenly the support classes would become even less played because nobody would need them.

Also, this would effectively decimate the Agent population, as one of the selling features of their class is the ability to use other professions nanos.

There are a good deal of general nanos beyond what's in the terminal in the DB, but I don't think many of them are in the game. There are some higher lvl heals and such that are horrible when compared to the heals of classed nanos, but they are heals nonetheless and would be useful. Why they aren't in the game is beyond me.

What the change you propose would do is generate a population of a single class (the one that gets the best HP/Nano/Damage distribution) and that's it.

Unhappy Lets not get throw stones

I posted I have a 76 MA because thats what I play now.....so before we get the "He's a NOOB!!!" hold on..... I have played

ADV......LVL 92
    ENF.......LVL 67
    DOC......LVL 113
    FIX........LVL 123

As you can see I have played quit a bit so I do "know a Little"
    Please please lets get some "Constuctive" advice on this and no everyone would not buy every single nano.....Cost and NCU'S would see to that!

Thanx again
    Dannix 76 MA "Right Now"
    Last edited by Dannix; Dec 12th, 2002 at 19:00:39.

Thats why I said 150+ :P

Its a different world up there beyond title 5, and you dont really get the feel for it until your there.

Cost wouldnt have any effect, cept for maybe GA and NS, you can pour in the money relatively fast if ya need to, so if you had to spend 500mil to collect all the nanos outside of the two mentioned above you could do it.

NCU's wouldnt be a huge problem you can jack up your NCU capacity pretty good if ya can cast the NCU Fixer buffs.

Like I said everyone would just make Atrox Enfs. (and dont say they would be too dumb to cast the high nanos, cause chain draining/and mochams would solve that in an instant).

Jagdtyger

Ultimate Death Nanos

They might as well put out a new nano line so everybody can use them.

Nano of Eathday ybay Oredombay anti-MetaPhysicist
    Nano of Eathday ybay eetlay ampedestay anti-Soldier
    Nano of Eathday ybay edicalmay alpracticemay anti-Doctor
    Nano of Eathday ybay efundsray anti-Trader
    Nano of Eathday ybay oachingpay anti-Adventurer
    Nano of Eathday ybay ownblay overcay anti-Agent
    Nano of Eathday ybay eroidsstay overdoseway anti-Enforcer
    Nano of Eathday ybay explodingway Eathkithay anti-Engineer
    Nano of Eathday ybay Andonbray Eelay anti-Martial Artist
    Nano of Eathday ybay Ixersfay ootbay otay ecknay anti-NT
    Nano of Eathday ybay apercutspay anti-Bureaucrat
    Nano of Eathday ybay NTAY Impslappay anti-Fixer

Wait, they already have the anti-Fixer Nano already. Well with these fine additions, that should speed up massive PvP events.