Thread: Petition to remove Catwalk Missions.

Petition to remove Catwalk Missions.

If you're a pet user then the title says enough. For those of you who don't use a pet these missions are practically impossible to get through without resummoning 100 times and pulling out half of your hair. There's nothing worse than running 10 minutes to a mission only to find that you can't do the mission because pet pathing sucks. =\

All missions involving brown caves should be yanked ASAP. That alone would solve many problems with mob and pet pathing.
    -Cheddar-

Some free advice
    Don't beg. It makes you look like a beggar.

All 'obstacles' should be removed.

All missions should be one huge white room with no obstacles.

bump
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

A worthy cause!

Remove them please! Its pure luck to get your pet thru the main room! Apparently when designing these things no one asked about pets.
    Crats and engies cannot do without pets and I stay behind in a group that doesnt want to wait 5 minutes for me to get in the same room with pet. Every doorway is a problem! Every pool of water an almost impossible obstacle!

Val
    Xandro, neutral bureaucract

Yes.

The art designers have moved on other projects, don't hold your breath...

I just delete those missions, unless the item is really worth it, in which case I call a friend soldier to run it for me

I dont know about useing a Soldier to do it it for you. Yesterday I took 3 far away missions to run for cash. After about a 20-30 min hike I zoned in...got rooted and killed by the first group of mobs in short order. I can see how the catwalks can blow for pet users. Even if you get by the first wave... next mission.
    Zen~~'
    9/11/01

Megabio
    Please remove all cave, catwalk, building, monster mouth, et cetera missions.

Then get rid of the mission terminals.

This will get rid of overequippers.
    ~Chris

Why do people like you even post? =p

I agree with Satherial on this one. Those catwalk-over-green-slime missions are not only a huge pet-pathing pain, but also a trial just to navigate through due to missing surfaces and edges in the geometry.

I may be wrong, but whatever fix was used to make sure that MOBs and players couldn't shoot through walls has made working with pets just awful. Perhaps that is not the cause, but there are so many things that we find in missions (desks, columns, grates) that prevent our pets from interacting either with us or our enemies even though we are in the same room. This wasn't as much of a problem before and I have to wonder if that fix isn't what did it.

Had a mission in this infamous catwalk scenario last night. Three mobs, two orange and a green, got into the opening room. Ordinarily I could have handled this scenario, taking advantage of the zone door, but this time either one or both of my pets ended up on the wrong side of some column when I zoned in and either wouldn't engage or wouldn't heal. If something is in the same room as something else (and isn't rooted or something), then it should be able to interact with other things in the room.

And why can I no longer cast nanos through open doorways? I get a message about range when the guy is 3 yards from me fighting my pet.

Scorus

They even suck without pet...when my fixer jumps, he lands somewhere in the ceiling or a wall very often....and to get out of a water pool is an artform even for players. Fleeing when health is low to the outside is nearly impossible, because you get stuck everywhere in these stupid brown cave missions.

I don't think anyone does not hate those missions, regardless of profession.

Booyah. The team is on it. Pet pathing will be improved, as we are constantly working on getting this as close to perfect as possible. Also, some dungeon rooms and dungeon styles are getting a close look-through to help with both pet pathing and mission variation. I've suggested that the catwalk one be looked at.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Talking DOMO ARIGATOU Cosmik-san!

/bow till it hurts
    Xandro, neutral bureaucract

My mission tactics...

/pet wait <--- the best command in missions!!

You can scout ahead to see if there are any "bad" rooms and see if there are other routes. You can pull to your pet.

You can get pets out of "Water graves" but the tables in office type of missions are "/pet terminate"-only.

I've noticed that if your pet can't move from a water grave you can get it out (somtimes) by making it attack something or set it in hunt mode. Btw, anyone else had problems with bots in that you can't use trimmers or bot heals on your pet but still command it. I think it happens when you've set it into hunt mode and then called it back. I'm testing it further...

// Enlil