Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MP for Beginners Tutorial

I just want to say that I'm glad that people like X and those who work with him are here to help us n00bs. Also, the info on the token board helped me alot. I've always wondered what good they were for and recently was only informed that (And I quote this) "they give ya stuff" Now, I had no idea what that meant till I read the part about the token board and now I'll be keeping it and trying to get some tokens. Well, after I finish my rat tail hunting. And my dog tag hunting too.
    Support the Social Aspects!!

I'm not a b!tch, I just don't like your opinion.

Here's a link to DNA's Spreadsheet including nanos, pet HP and Nanopool and all sorts of other info:

DNA's Spreadsheet

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

Token farming at Level 125

Token farming is really easy for MPs at certain periods in their level life. I did the bulk of the work at level 125. Sounds late but getting your 1k board at 125 isnt that bad. I did an IPR on my comp lit afterwards as i had already fitted some QL200 NCU's, obviously the board gave me an extra 210 so this was now unwanted. I pumped mine into Nano Programming for imps but rifle probably would be my choice now.

> Step 1
    Missions from : Newland
    Settings
    All bad
    All order
    All money (or XP)
    50% so there QL125
    to Broken Shores at 500x1500 only

Note: only accept the missions in the first 3 slots. As you pick one mission their will only be 2 'pickup' type missions slots left, keep rolling until you get 3 pickup BS missions. If you arent that interested in rewards, then reverse the bad and order sliders to get another 3 pickup missions, this speeds up rolling a bit but means that one of the 2 items will be a useless one. Also i used to try and roll nano crystals as well. this nets more cash when you sell em, but in the end as i neared the end i just went for any BS mission.

>Step 2
    I would run in and kill 5 mobs if the percentage was below 20% i would leave and go onto the next mission. This is the quickest most effective percent i found. Its sooo fast to grid to newland and get 3 more missions after all. Then kill all mobs hehe der!. From the main room do the left side, then the right side then the back. This almost always nets the reward as the last mob falls, or as close to it as possible.

tips: By 125 you should have the trans enmity pet, this absolutely rips 125 mobs apart, keep you nano up and get very fast at launching your next attack. I only used to nuke once per mob usually and stim nano back up. Heal pet on you should keep all things very safe. I used to leave the door to the next mob open hoping it would join the fray meaning my anima was used more effectively

My best was 162 tokens in one day i think, so i had my 1K board in under a week. Levelling is not an issue as the closer to 125 you are the better, rewards will give you cash enough and at 6 tokens pet mission PLUS the trans enmity you will find tokens clocking up at the fastest possible pace for an MP imo anyway

i rekon it was 18 tokens an hour or pretty close to it. This would be around 55 hours of game play all up from scratch. Cant member exactly how many missions i used to get done in 1 hour.

So i reckon the best shopping list is
    1>Newland to BS
    2>All pickup missions
    3>trans enmity
    4>Level 125 (6 tokens per mission)
    5>20% or more after 5 kills.

Hope that helps some
    220 Adv, 220 Doc, 216 MP, 215 Crat, 215 Enf, 162 Fix - Scooby Ka 2

Advice for MPs, 110-125
    I am meeting an increasing number of MPs level 110 to 125 that are struggling through the supposed, 'golden age' for MPs (ie mochams)

the reason i am writing this is the fact that i am not levelling, have not for about a week and a half now and wont for prolly another week. In this time and the pre to getting to 125 i have meet at least 10 MPs that dont have mochams, some that dont even know what Odins eye is and most that have no idea of what a starter is for mochams.

So i hope this helps. I also know plenty of MPs that get mochams pre 115 with starters but i can assure you, there are less either way, this is aimed at people that are sturggling like i was so look for the section title that you are having trouble with!

*******< bed time reading>*******

It all started when a high level MP cast Infuse MC and TS on me. this added heaps of Nano skill points and allowed me to cast my next pet in the 90-100 title cap. to me level 90 and up was were it really started to get annoying. yellow pets that keep getting worse. This took me forever to level here as motivation was at an all time low.

Your really interested in Infuses as like masteries they are your savior. Then you hear they arent really that much better than using masteries and investigate. I did the math and sure enough infuses added about 15 points to MC TS. they allowed me to self cast the vivificator. hehe at least it was something though.
    and not too long after that get my next attack pet.

Well before getting my infuses in, about Level 113, i was getting semi regular buffs of mochams from the same MP. It was awesome!!! 2 fully red enmity pets. This same MP gave me the altumus and low enmity pet, so that made this scenario possible. and i tell you it was awesome. It felt like what infuses should have been. Our standard Red pet.

That is the reason why i never really pursed infuses, this setup of getting a high level MP to buff you with mochams that last an hour plus your pets life span about 30 mins meant i could get in some pretty high level missioning before they ran out.

This offcourse gets a bit long in the tooth after a while and hey when the mochams end, and the pets end your almost back to square one. So i did something about it. A good friend informed me of BS team missions. as i was able to cast infuse, and had an ok pet i was pretty useful. I spent most of the levelling period doing QL180 missions with the whole team hiding behind a QL200 slayer droid, but the XP was awesome. And i got to level 117 in no time. i then stopped doing crazy team missions as this gets a bit cold at times. So now im back with my org members waiting for everyone else to catch up ( a small price to pay)
    so thats the story, now the juicy bits and hopefully some very usefull tips

********<Good stuff here>**********

Take it easy:
    Dont get too worried about other MPs getting infuses mochams before you. A good guild will have mps in gear about 10 levels before a lesser guild player or a solo MP. not to mention all the other gear that a wicked guild will get you. I was inbetween a solo and a full on guilder. Now im a full on guilder hehe

Plan your missions:
    Hard missioning for some items helped me out heaps. If your heal pet is on your attack pet (regular animas) then you should be able to do QL 160 missions for mochams and Odins eye. THis is how i got em. Mission in BS so they are small, it just means a bit more time in CS and for goodness sake learn what QL missions you can do at X level
    ie.
    /tell helpbot level 110

This lets you plan your infuse missions and mochams+odins missions, before you realise that your available range is not close enough to actually get the missions (as happened to me with SI infuse)

Goals:
    To me the main goal is to get Odins eye self maintained (more about that later).
    Infuses:
    1> you only need MC, TS first, then BM.
    2> then spend time getting your next pets etc. Always go after your attack pet first, this makes all other missions so much easier.
    3> get PM and SI later (They are mega important for mochams)
    4> if your going to pay for one thing in this game, pay for animas. get a crat, NT or high level player to get em for you. They are our most essential nano. The difference between good damage and excellent damage This helps so many things. esp when your pets are lagging a little. I have the +219 anima and that makes a huge difference in damage with a good chant running

Mochams:
    1> GET PM SI infuse hehe i was slack and it drove me nuts getting SI infuse when my QL missions feel outside of the 130 bracket.
    2> get odins eye. This adds about 44 to all your nano skills. (+4 ish from the +40 Intelligence it adds). This is about the best example of fine print that you dont read that turns out to be a god send.
    3> get BM PM SI MC and TS mochams. thats all bar 1 at this stage MM( get it later).

Tips:
    At 117 i had an MP cast BM, PM and SI mocham. Ding! i could then cast odins eye and therefore keep all mochams self buffed (now to get the crystals and pets etc hehe). if i died i had to find a kind MP (and i am a kind MP .... ),

but here is the low down;

with a very high level enmity pet and curatem, i stayed way back and did QL 160-180 missions all the time. The XP is so much better that being more careful really didnt matter. I learnt to run away at the first sign of trouble and work through it. I died about 3 times between level 117 and 121 if that shows you its possible and those levels flew by as i was always missioning for crystals i needed. Teaming was a breeze!

NCU:
    This is the big mocham let down. I had never even contemplated missioning for NCU before infuses/mochams. They are totally worth the huge time in CS. At one stage i was wearing my cyborg armor to get the most NCU possible. Remember, you can put the armor on, cast then swap into your regular stuff if your super keen, i didnt bother, i just hung back. you really have to change your stragey for a while in the change to mochams as there is no IP spare at all.

to self maintain mochams you need the following

option 1 (the worst case):
    PM BM SI MC and TS mochams. That is it, no other buffs running, you use odins to cast BM MC SI PM and then term it, you should still be able to cast TS mocham without odins
    NCU: 255, pets are going to be silly red still
    you have to replace at least a few of your 30-33 NCU chips to get this much. i recommend getting around 3x46 NCU chips. again using borg armor really helped me out whilst i was missioning for better NCU

option 2 (not too bad):
    PM BM SI MC TS Odins
    NCU: 306, pets are even crazier here, youll need some pretty darn good NCU for this. 6x49ish NCU chips will fit this. Yes it took me a while to get to 300 NCU, again borg armor was used in the making of this.

option 3 (almost the ultimate):
    PM BM MC TS SI odins and your normal buffs running
    NCU prolly around 330-380 for this. youll notice that MM is still not listed in the almost ultimate solution. I have 6x64NCUs(392 NCU) and still dont have enough room to have Mat Met running, so i cancel MC and buff MM cast mez pet and term MM, recast MC.

option 4 (Come off it, i wish 470 strength, yehhhhhhhhh right!!!)
    A full set of MKII armor and maybe a fixer buff. level 125-130+
    NCU: 441+
    soon i will be able to start cutting back on the PM SI mochams buffs running. a few more levels will see infuses or even masteries being enough . Remember that mind quake only needs 743 PM to cast, with mochams and expertise running youll be in the 800s (i dont use infuses at the mo as they are only 30mins in duration so i cant wait till )

Crystals: ( after mochams)
    This can get a bit daunting at times, when i first had mochams running, i realised that every single crystal i had, was out levelled. I had no idea which to get first.

CLEAR CS, put one crytsal that you want and go after it.

Well i started with my nuke but hey it doesnt matter. write down what you want and which is more important and start getting em. it does take a while, but not as long as you would expect. Its really pretty cool the first time your nuke does other 1000 damage (glacial lance) hehe. poor leets. Chants are mega important, but we all know that after getting the first one.
    Theres a little hidden nano called curse of chronos, get it. hehe it stuns a mob for about 2-3 seconds, ill let you figure its vast applications out. I will say though, i cant wait to team with 2 other MPs and try and stun a mob to death without it firing a shot hehe

Implants: (Groan, well i dont think so)
    hehe having read the master MP seraphfirst, infuses seemed not so fun anymore. I didnt have access to any of the stuff mentioned without going a countless quests, and more important the cashola was not there. I cant team as much as id like, being in Australia means time deffereces plague me. Plus i find most teaming to be a bit lacking. almost as much as soloing, i like to chat heaps, and this bothers more people than not.

Implants done easy. (infuses)
    QL 150 Eye PM MC
    QL 150 ear PM
    QL 150 right hand TS, Treatment (optional)
    you dont even need the right hand to be 150. Mission specifically for these 2 babies if you have to. Thats it really! I have 176 in str, so putting SI in the head and Chest meant the QL of those imps can be 125, prolly even lower. And all i had to do was concentrate on getting my PM imps as high as possible. Make them both Int based as the above ones are and its easier still to get em in. I had a 20 QL higher ear for most of it as i could put in a treatment head and eye to get the ear on. The right hand i try and keep high as well, it adds treatment and TS.

Get a pillow. I dont know why people hate these, it cracked me up the first time i saw one. anyway they help so much to cast mochams and infuses. I myself would much rather have a pillow and all the cool stuff as opposed to waiting 3 more levels

imps (Mochams)
    QL 160 eye
    QL 170-180 ear (can prolly get away with a 160)
    these arent impossible to get in. i only ever got a doc +80 treatment buff to get em in, thats it. I was self casting mochams by level 121, and it can happen way before that, but hey!
    Next is BM, i sorta forgot i would need this, so be aware that it is super important. Get a good chest (hard to find) and a good waist (easier to find). i have a 160 chest in and a 180, they were my last imps needed to self cast odins. and went in AT level 121.

PM balance:
    Well as you find, PM is always behind SI, i found out after level 121 that there are rings that can add up to 10points to PM, try and track one of these down, as 4 points means one level earlier A gun was out of the question for me IP wise. No way

Abilities.
    dunno if this is the right thing to do,
    Sense, stamina, psychic, intelligence are all maxed. agility and strength arent though agility is 254. they just cost too much at the moment. Body dev is not maxed either.

Hope that helps you all.

Additions on the post
    Seraph:
    Good stuff the only thing I would advise/change is to go with Pepper Pistols instead of a Pillow. Pistol skill is just more useful for equipping all sorts of useful bonus pistols, the Customized Desert Reet and finally a decent wep in the Original Electronicum.

Bighit:
    Another good way of increasing NCU is to get a set of carbonum armor. With my ql 142 set ( adds 42 NCU ) i have 429 NCU, plenty of room for al mochams and some other fun stuff
    The great thing about carbonum is that you dont have to camp for it, it only costs money and thats relatively easy in this game...

Koarv:
    Just wanted to add, you dont have to fight your way through missions to get all those nice to have nanos.
    Go ask your local fixer for a runbuff and then RUUUUN! This way I got 6*ql180 ncu and a couple of different nanos all in a few hours
    220 Adv, 220 Doc, 216 MP, 215 Crat, 215 Enf, 162 Fix - Scooby Ka 2

Added a few quick links.

X

Nano Regeneration Implant and Buff effect

The nano regen clusters increase your Nano Delta - which means of course that you get your nano back at a faster rate. It's like a very small HE.

In real terms the nano delta that you get from these buffs is very small and unless you are running considerable nanocost reduction buffs and items (50%+) you probably won't see too much obvious benefit from them. They are best when combined with an HE.

On the whole these are seen as being useful only at the highest levels - although you'd need to do the research to see whether there's a point where the lower QL regen clusters have a measurable effect.

In essence, it will boil down to this:
    Code:
    Total Nanocost per second of the nanos that you are using during battle. (TNC)

Total nanocost reduction that you are running (TNR)

(TNC          )
    TNC    -  (-----  x  TNR)  =  Effective Nanocost per second (ENC)
              ( 100         )
    Once you know your effective nanocost per second you need to look at the regeneration speed.

Nano Regeneration speed is dependent upon your Nanopool. The higher your nanopool skill the faster your nano regeneration will be. There's a gen buff that adds Nano Delta: Nano Restoration. Cast this on yourself and then use some nano. Watch your nanopool carefully and time how long the duration is between each slight increase in nano. This is your Nano Regen Speed.

Then, take the amount of the nano delta buff (NDB) from the imp and divide it by the number of seconds between ticks.
    Code:
    NDB
    ---  =  Effective Nanoregen Buff per second (ENB)
    NRS
    Then when deciding whether to implant for Nano Regeneration, you just need to compare the Effective Nanocost per second with the Effective Nanoregen Buff per second and you'll see how much of a difference the implant will really make for you.

X

Added SOG site to quicklinks section.

X

Hitpoints and Nanopool of the pets

For easy reference though it's in DNA's spreadsheet:
    Code:
    Name                                      HP     NP

Cacodemon                               24411   12261

Tormented Revenant                      21503   ?????

Demon                                   17836   11991
    Fiend                                   13053   11496
    Lemur                                   12454   11024

Transcendant Enmity Personification     11854   10553
    Greater Enmity Personification          10656   9601
    Lesser Enmity Personification           8258    7723

Transcendant Frenzy Embodiment          7659    7252
    Supreme Frenzy Embodiment               7059    6780
    Frenzy Embodiment                       5609    5567

Revenant                                9956    9060

Inferior Frenzy Embodiment              5132    5166
    Lesser Frenzy Embodiment                4655    4766

Transcendant Wrath Incarnation          4179    4365

Pretorian Legionnaire                   3955    2922

Supreme Wrath Incarnation               3725    3976
    Superior Wrath Incarnation              3159    3422
    Inferior Wrath Incarnation              2763    3033
    Lesser Wrath Incarnation                2480    2756

Transcendant Rage Materialization       2192    2479
    Supreme Rage Materialization            1915    2202
    Rage Materialization                    1271    1552
    Lesser Rage Materialization             940     1204

Supreme Fury Externalization            609     855
    Superior Fury Externalization           419     625
    Fury Externalization                    352     526
    Inferior Fury Externalization           286     426
    Lesser Fury Externalization             219     327

Transcendant Anger Manifestation        152     227
    Supreme Anger Manifestation             122     183
    Greater Anger Manifestation             92      138
    Lesser Anger Manifestation              17      25

Name                     HP      NP     Heal Ability

Belamorte               9815    13310   457-820hp
    Curatem the Grand       8101    11231   432-738hp
    The Vivificator         4779    7169    346-620hp
    Restite                 3356    5327    291-493hp
    Sanoo                   2274    3807    259-348hp
    Valentia                1345    2404    177-253hp 
    Salvinous               609     1234    92-168hp 
    Medinos                 181     414     44-79hp

Name                             HP      NP

Confane                         2915    9531
    Demenus                         1396    5099
    Absuum                          763     3033
    Greater Deranged Mindreaver     408     1770
    X
    Last edited by XtremTech; Aug 17th, 2003 at 17:10:14.

Just have to compliment you on the great work you have done with the beginners guide and the "how to choose a weapon" guide!

They are really inspiring.

Something I also noticed is that these guide are also helpful for other professions as well. Especially the weapon guide.

Keep up the good work!
    Lady Dawina Gyllstjerna
    Squad Commander of Eternal Fury on Atlantean

w00t
    MP's hit you for 5923672 points of nuuubi help damage!

Updated Attack Pets section with info on Praetorian Legionnaire pet.

X

Smile Thanks!

Thanks for the great guide! I started an MP last night on RK2 named Adambaum, and it's a really fun profession so far. This guide has really helped!
    Last edited by AdamBomb; Apr 7th, 2003 at 23:19:34.

Converted some links to creation weapons details pages to point to a better source.

X

Updated utilities list with new ClickSaver url ( http://clicksaver.notumwars.com/ ).

X

Real quick question; is there a way to target the pullers mob? A better way to put is is there a way to assist another play in a multi mob situation?

Thanks Anionic

You can use the /assist command to target the present target of somebody else.

So if your tank is fighting a mob:
    • when you target the tank and do /assist it will select the mob as your target
    • when you target the mob and do /assist it will select the tank as your target

The one requirement here is that your target must be fighting when you do the /assist. If they are not actively in combat then you will get a "not fighting" message and your target will not change. This means that a puller will often not work. Quite often pullers get aggro without actually attacking their target and then pull the mob back to the team. In this case, the /assist will not work because the puller isn't actively in combat.

/assist is mostly used on your tank to make sure you're targeting the same target as him.

X

TheCovenant's PetNamer Scripting Utilility link broken?

I tried repeated to get to this link and could not get to the petnamer. Is the site no longer up?

It works fine for me. I do a check every couple of months on all the links but I tested it just now and it works OK.

Sorry but I think it's you.

X

Adding Meta-Ing's Pet Attack Rating table. This shows pet level, crit hit, Attack Rating (AR) and Attack Rating per level (AR/Lvl) for a range of the pets (though not all).
    Code:
    AR/lvl, Pet,                pet lvl  Crit hit   AR

5.876   Torm. Rev. Scythe    202      2523      1187
    4.911   Torm. Rev. Fist      202      1496      992.5

2.925   Cacodemon            200      1716      585
    2.944   Demon                197      1680      580
    3.145   Transcendent Enmity  179      1507      563
    3.305   Greater Enmity       167      1393      552

5.785   Revenant Fist        160      1133      926
    5.75    Revenant Scythe      160      1718      920

3.597   Inferior Enmity      149      1229      536
    4.024   Greater Frenzy       125      1002      503
    4.042   Superior Frenzy      119      934       481
    4.079   Frency               113      867       461
    4.121   Inferior Frenzy      107      805       441
    4.158   Lesser Frency        101      744       420
    4.200   Transcendent Wrath   95       683       399
    4.190   Superior Wrath       79       528       331
    4.167   Inferior Rage        72       462       300

7.428   Pret. Legionnaire    70       354       520

4.113   Transcendent Rage    62       378       255
    4.070   Supreme Rage         57       338       232
    3.958   Superior Rage        48       270       190
    3.950   Inferior Rage        40       219       158
    3.861   Lesser Rage          36       193       139
    3.760   Greater Fury         25       131       94
    X
    Last edited by XtremTech; Jul 7th, 2003 at 08:45:56.

X,
    I know this may sound odd but I figured I'd ask here as I can't really figure it out and not many people read my little thread I started but I was wondering if Biomech was a good way to go as an Opi MP. I came across most of a suit and wonder if I should use it since I also have a Metaplast suit that I am planning on getting my MP into this weekend.
    Also, I've been using a QL4 The Original Electronium since about lvl 2, now lvl10, and was wondering if you knew any other pure pistol guns that are semi easy to get ahold of at lower lvls. I've heard people mention PoP and the others but I don't have time to get those. I'd prefer something sweet and simple before I just decide to put my MP into SMG Land.
    Any advice?
    Support the Social Aspects!!

I'm not a b!tch, I just don't like your opinion.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast