Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Subway Stuff

Subway Stuff

Can someone please post a list here of the unique items found
    in the subway dungeon and where or who they can be found on?

thank you

Here are the ones that I'm aware of.
    • Ring of the Nucleus Basalis - the big prize, it's a ring that boosts your NCU. It's a levelling item, which means that it's much in demand by high level players who can't go and get it themselves. Drops from the first boss mob, a chap called Eumenides, but doesn't drop every time. Took me twelve kills before I managed to get one for myself. Seems to sell for 2-6M, but probably worth keeping unless you're lucky enough to find more than one. Eumenides is solo-able from around level 20 by a well set up character, even without twinking.
    • Living Cyber Armour - also drops from Eumenides. Another levelling item, but really nothing that special. NODROP. Some of the parts are found as part of a quest which can be got from the Good Times Party Mixer in Newland and in Reet's Retreat (Last Ditch in Stret West Bank).
    • Boots of Infinite Speed - drops from the Foreman Striker. OK armour for it's level, it casts the first Adventurer runbuff when right-clicked. Another NODROP.
    • Support Beam of Intolerance - a slightly upgraded version of last year's killer Enforcer weapon. Casts a taunt on the opponent, making it a useful aggro tool. Atrox-only, like all beams.
    • Vagabond Cloak - a lovely back-slot item if none of your key skills rely heavily on strength. Inflicts a -10 penalty to strength but adds +35 to your defence score. Poor man's grid armour for the first few levels, and very easy to get hold of.
    • Juggler's Treat - a ring which adds +10 to Multi-Ranged and Multi-Melee. Drops from Abmouth Supremous, the third and last of the subway bosses. However, Abmouth is almost impossible to take down for most players, and seems designed to kick you out of the subway after you hit level 25. Sells for a small fortune if you can find the right buyer.
    • Eleet Doll - an absolutely must-have item! So cute! So furry! Gives a small buff to Matter Metamorphosis and Nano Init, but only if you're Omni (for some reason). Mine dropped from one of the Neural Burnout type mobs in the lower part of the subway, so it's probably a random drop.
    Those are just the ones I can recall off the top of my head. I know i've missed at least one item, since the second boss (Virgil Aenid) is reputed to drop a belt of some type. However, I've never seen it so I don't know what it's called.

Cheers,

~R~

Belt of justice or somethin like that, belt of liberty... ita a very uber belt, but is not lvl upgradable unfortuneatly, so its only useable at very low lvls. Atts like +10 or something like that to your Attack Rating.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Yup Belt of Justice. Gives +5 offensive mod and +10 NCU which is nice but you gotta have 80+ tokens to wear it. Mine sold for 1m eventually.

And don't forget Morphing Memory.
    Dropped by robot types mostly, but I've found it on dogs, and even the fleas.
    I have sold pieces starting at about 5k up to about 40k.
    Please be kind to Sammanthe the Enforcer, on Atlantean.

Please be kind to Deliaha the Engineer, on Rimor.

I've also seen the Transfusion Rifle Drop off of Workman Strikers. But it seems to be a very very rare drop...
    Xoop

Are the bracers that the green spider thing (bloodleech?) drops unique to the Subway?

is the Transfusion Rifle that rare a drop?!? i have picked p 3 of them in the subway and just sold em off as i didnt think they were that hot...

what is the goign price? i just sold em at the shop to get more bullets...

Originally posted by omni42
    where is the subway dungeon?
    The Subway is a level-locked static dungeon that you cannot *enter* after you have dinged lvl 25 (but you can stay inside if you ding 25 while in there).

AO Stratics' Guide to the Condemned Subways gives directions to all three subways and the mobs and loot inside.

Have fun.
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

Took me twelve kills before I managed to get one for myself. Seems to sell for 2-6M, but probably worth keeping unless you're lucky enough to find more than one.
    *Kills self*

You have to be kidding me! :'( I found one of them earlier today, and I figured it wasn't worth much so I sold it to the Shop for only around 500cc Teh

Originally posted by Soyuz
    Ring of the Nucleus Basalis Seems to sell for 2-6M,
    Going rate is 1-2 mill... Normal price is 1½ million (Clan price Atlantean)... Some sell them slightly more if they haven't been leveled and slightly less if then been leveled all the way... Not 2-6 mill... Euminedes is easily soloable at lvl 20, did it myself at lvl 11 with my Engineer...

Juggler's Treat is worth about 10mill...
    Last edited by _-EscritoreS-_; Mar 15th, 2004 at 02:08:09.
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

Living Cyber Armor levels up to ql50 and is a nice way for noob caster types to save money on armor. It's nodrop and drops off the human type mobs on the lower level.
    Tensegra my awesome org Angels of the Night Rimor/RK2

Support our new union!
    >>> United Engineers of Rubi-Ka (UERK) <<<

Originally posted by Phallisto
    Yup Belt of Justice. Gives +5 offensive mod and +10 NCU which is nice but you gotta have 80+ tokens to wear it. Mine sold for 1m eventually.
    80+ clan tokens

*la la land*
    FIRST ORDER 4 evah!

to mention is , the nucleus ring and the morphing memory are leveling items aswell.. going up to ql200

morphing memory ql200 > then a ql 64 "regular" memory.

nucleus ring goes up till 20 ncu i think.
    Account created
    2001-06-30 18:09:12

New to AO? Check this

Explorer 86%
    Socializer 60%
    Achiever 33%
    Killer 20%

Question

[*] Vagabond Cloak - a lovely back-slot item if none of your key skills rely heavily on strength. Inflicts a -10 penalty to strength but adds +35 to your defence score. Poor man's grid armour for the first few levels, and very easy to get hold of.
    I'm a total noob to AO. When I put this on I see my Strength drop 10 points, but none of my AC points increase at all. In fact I don't see any of my stats increase when I equip this cloak. Is your defense rating something different than your AC? If so, where does it show your DR?

U cannot actually see how much defence u got afaik but it's the bar u got in the right hand corner of your screen that says DEF in the left end and AGG in the right end... The more DEF u got the easier it is for a mob to miss u when it hits u... The more AGG u got the faster u attack and the easier it is for the mob to hit u but u also provide the dmg u deliver faster...
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

Here are the ones that I'm aware of.
    • Ring of the Nucleus Basalis - the big prize, it's a ring that boosts your NCU. It's a levelling item, which means that it's much in demand by high level players who can't go and get it themselves. Drops from the first boss mob, a chap called Eumenides, but doesn't drop every time. Took me twelve kills before I managed to get one for myself. Seems to sell for 2-6M, but probably worth keeping unless you're lucky enough to find more than one. Eumenides is solo-able from around level 20 by a well set up character, even without twinking.
    • Living Cyber Armour - also drops from Eumenides. Another levelling item, but really nothing that special. NODROP. Some of the parts are found as part of a quest which can be got from the Good Times Party Mixer in Newland and in Reet's Retreat (Last Ditch in Stret West Bank).
    • Boots of Infinite Speed - drops from the Foreman Striker. OK armour for it's level, it casts the first Adventurer runbuff when right-clicked. Another NODROP.
    • Support Beam of Intolerance - a slightly upgraded version of last year's killer Enforcer weapon. Casts a taunt on the opponent, making it a useful aggro tool. Atrox-only, like all beams.
    • Vagabond Cloak - a lovely back-slot item if none of your key skills rely heavily on strength. Inflicts a -10 penalty to strength but adds +35 to your defence score. Poor man's grid armour for the first few levels, and very easy to get hold of.
    • Juggler's Treat - a ring which adds +10 to Multi-Ranged and Multi-Melee. Drops from Abmouth Supremous, the third and last of the subway bosses. However, Abmouth is almost impossible to take down for most players, and seems designed to kick you out of the subway after you hit level 25. Sells for a small fortune if you can find the right buyer.
    • Eleet Doll - an absolutely must-have item! So cute! So furry! Gives a small buff to Matter Metamorphosis and Nano Init, but only if you're Omni (for some reason). Mine dropped from one of the Neural Burnout type mobs in the lower part of the subway, so it's probably a random drop.
    Those are just the ones I can recall off the top of my head. I know i've missed at least one item, since the second boss (Virgil Aenid) is reputed to drop a belt of some type. However, I've never seen it so I don't know what it's called.

Cheers,

~R~

When you refer to it as a "leveling item" what exactly does that mean?

Sorry if its a silly question.

Thanks in Advance
    -Tal

its an item you can click on in your inventory to increase it's abilities up to a QL50 version.
    Do you like metal music? Check out my music!
    Cyclophenia MySpace
    Cyclophenia Website

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast