Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PvP Arena Ganking Becoming a Problem

Dueling (adapted from the EQ ruleset for dueling)

Create a /duel command which does not restrict PvP interaction in relation to levels--all levels can /duel each other. Consider this more of a roleplay command (where people can settle a score or dispute one-on-one) than it is a PvP command, but obviously, it can be used effectively by both RPer and PvPer alike.

No other players can interfer in any way with two people dueling (can't heal, buff, assist or attack either dueler) if the duel is held outside of a 0% suppression gas area. A duel can not be initiated if both individuals are in a team together. Titles can not be gained through dueling. XP/SK can be lost (and placed in one's XP/SK pool) through dying in a duel if one does not save prior to the duel.

The winner of the duel is determined by one thing: whomever remains last in the playfield where the duel was initiated--either by not running away and zoning, by not dying, by not going LD or logging off. (A playfield message giving the results of the winner and loser would be a nice touch.)

However, guards will not tolerate this type of behaviour around them and will respond accordingly--if two people think they want to have it out right next to guards in the middle of a city, the guards will attack them (or at least the initiator of the attack). To limit the potential for disruption, it will be impossible to /duel in an area which is 100% suppression gas. This would unfortunately limit some of the RP dueling within some clubs (Rompa's does have a 75% gas area...in the women's bathroom ) but ensure that social environments don't end up being invasive PvP dueling free-for-alls and disrupting the environment. Perhaps make a room in Reets and other clubs 75% gas to accomodate /dueling.

(And don't use the shortcut of /d unless you want people responding to rude and demanding 'newbie beggers' with, "Sure, just type /d to open up the donate window." )
    TRAVEL TO RUBI-KA
    A website providing maps of Rubi-Ka,
    playfields, Whom-Pah & Grid maps,
    in-game maps, and more.

http://travel.to/rubi-ka

Discover Leety Goodness at:
    http://how.to/leet

if no other players can interfier this can be used to get to grid in MMD wen theres evil sexual predator stalker person.. uhh.. i mean.. ganker... hiding...
    Reset Bobv Tradeskill - 182 eng doodSetup>
    Kungfumaster Aoeabuse Wong - 120 NT dood | Neurd - 143 MP dood | Bobtor - 85 Doctor dude | Fixdisbiatch - lvl 60 fixer | Coffeedotcom - lvl 60 crat | Aludra - lowbie adv, winnder of Gridstream's WTF award
    Screenshots (hehe) - - -Neleb's Nanocircuit Pajamas!!! woot? I am ali-baba! Annihilator pet!!!!!! A sign in adonis WRANGLEPLZ UBERSLAYERANIHILATORZOR BARNEY PWNZ hamsterARK!!!

if you can read this you dont need glasses
    my story

Yeah come on nerf PvPing more!

Arena PvP is pretty much all PvP u can get these days, cept tara and sometimes NW wars...

If a omni gank a clan or vice versa, who gives a damn, IT IS supposed to be a conflict....Now if a clanner duel a clanner or a omni duel a omni..and then a guy on the sameside gank either of them..well what can I say, ppl like that will always be out there, just kill him when u see him standing in 0% next time.

But for gods sake don't nerf the conflict in arenas atleast not when arenas is almost the only place to PvP at atm.
    moon meeh

well you get this message while trying to use treatment kits

"Cannot be used while in combat"

how about ZONING is "Cannot be used in combat" ?

i meen lets look at it from a realistic perspective...

you shoot me , you run..my friends run after you..you Zone?!

hello? what are you`? Escape artist? the invisible man or something?

realism would be that you cannot zone if my friends have you targeted and in fight. this would also make "autoattack" a more powerful feature, that many would have on. carefull with those mongos in arena =)

so my Suggestion to ANTI GANK era would be.
    No zoning while in fight.
    Good Gankers can still get this off thou...if they managed to kill their target without anyone else noticing what was goin on. and therefore they wouldnt be in combat....but that also has more realism to it...since Agents would then be able to snipe someone off and get away with it.

Now..Evacs are a Proff defining ability and should be allowed, YES!!! i do agree its utterly dull, but thats one of the proffesions main abilities...AND you can stop it with Stuns. and NSD and nanodrains.

Summary of long post;:

NO ZONING WHILE IN COMBAT IN PVP
    220/26 and an army of alts
    so much to do, so little time to do it

I think if the clammers want a fair duel, they should head over to omni trade arena. No one there. And even if your worried about zoning, there aren't many ways to do the wall-shooting thing.

My suggestion to this is... Why not have a Icon that says This Player wants to PvP with you, and it has two icons one that says yes and one that says no... When hitting no they are not allowed to PvP you... They can keep trying but You can always say no
    Daily Missions Bug Thread(Closed)

Aliantin - 206 Bureaucrat Retired Squad Commander of DeltaSquad
    Jetfix - 107 Fixer Retired DeltaSquad
    Aliannt - 145 Nano-Technician Retired

When you move into a PvP area - you must accept the risks that come with it. IE - being killed, whether by a ganker or whatever.

However I do think there should definatly be some kind of duel option, where you can send a duel request much in the same way as you recruit team members.

Maybe this pvp enables both players for a few minutes or.. whatever. There really should be some sort of option
    Halouk - 205 Atrox Eng RK2
    Goodbye AO. I'll miss ya.
    Guide to Engineers in Society.

Dear Diary...
    Eng lft Part 2
    Yes I'm biased.

<<Bye everyone>>

No "no zoning while in combat" nerf.. It would nerf some fixers I know.. Could use.. a "no zoning too a non 100% area) so that u can zone too a 100% area. but not 75% or 25%

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12