Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: beams and init

hey gummi, add this to your list of sicky's, I would but best to keep it all i one post, like the list I do I do.

This is a good post on inits, and it is a good question to put on the sitcky.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

You got it.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

yaz, add your post on beam vx hammer here. its a good post with a good conclusion for tanking as it relates to keeping the aggro with nutty profs that find it easy to draw aggro.

here is that init convo, to match up with the other inits, this one has a lot more #'s though they are probably useless and there is a monkey hitting a button at funcom saying how fast we swing.

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I know that monkey.
    Name is Bob.
    Bob like FoB.
    I don't know why really.

Make Bob happy, use FoB.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

sometimes bob does not like FOB
    bob makes you really slow
    maybe that is his replacement jim
    if you zone, jim will go on break and bob comes back
    bob likes FoB
    Feed BoB
    Fire Jim

ROFLOL

?????????????????????????????
    Taracan 215 Omni MA

Lightbulb Dont think it's 1/1

Hi guy's, I've just started a forcer , and ive been diggin all around for info about them , btw if anyone can recomend a good forcer page i'd love the link as i've never found a singel page devoted to them yet. now as to my question / thought.

You people are saying that the cap for weapons melee init is 1 attack and 1 recharge , then i have a question for you regarding a weapon that is already faster than 1 second.

I've seen a couple i know, and i found one last night for example, now for sure its a crap weapon , and noone would be caught dead using it , but

the paper hammer has an attack speed of like 0.68, which is of course below one second. so does this mean the speed is increased to 1 second , or does it stay at .68 with no bonus for melee init? I would think that the cap would be below 1 second if they make weapons that have a speed below the cap. but we are talking about funcom. just thought id throw this bone your way so you guys could chew it up a bit hehe

BTW i would like to thank GUMMIZLUV for posting such an excelent post in the sticky thread it has helped me emesurably and made life much easier as a n00b inforcer.

Kittaraa rk- 1 signing off

Try the damage calculator on antiguardians it s very usefull and u ll know which init is good for u .

definitely want to bump this...

Yeah, I'd like to continue the question about weapons with lower than 1.0/1.0 speed. Like for instance, a 1st level Ninja Tanto. That one has a 0.5/0.5 speed and as far as I can tell is the fastest a weapon can be in the game.

Currently I use a pair of Ninja Wakisashis... the speed is I think, 0.96/0.89. Thing is, I can't seem to back off from 100% aggro without noticing a speed loss. granted, I have 300 melee int, but that should be, according to your calculations something like
    -0.5/-1, right? I should then, if there was indeed a 1/1 cap be able to let off at least a little, right?

anyway. just my two cents. I don't have a stopwatch, so I can't tell you the actual times, but it is enough of a change to be noticeable.

Post Nother Fast weapon

Hi again , just remembered another fast weapon, the krys knife.
    it has an att of 0.1 and recharge of 1, so this is even faster than 0.5 , dunno if it really is , I've never tried one, but the numbers say it is. I would guess if the 1/1 theory is true the advantage of using such a weapon would be the added evades bonus you get from moving agg slider back, and still attack as fast. Of course Previous poster says he gets even faster sliding his all way to the right, so this doesnt make sense, since if hes got 300 init , then he slides it all to the right thats another 300 init, so that puts him in the negatives for sure with a .5/.5 weapon. oh and that is somethign that i havent seen mentions here, besides affecting attack speed agg def does affect your evades and dodges as well, perhaps not a whole lot but it does for sure, i raised my forcer to 50 without adding a single point to eveades , and at 40 ish with agg at full right , i was getting critted like absolutly crazy. like were talking me takeing 8 crits a fight. Specially against trader mobs hehe. but i backed the slider to 75% from left and crits went down to 2 to 3 a fight. at 50 i added 50 points to dedge evade and evade exp, and the crits went down to 1 every 3 fights. so wasnt you have to watch that too, im guessing at full aggro my evades actually went negative , and let me tell you , boy did that hurt heh. saved huge ip tho
    probly wasnt worth it , but i wanted to test it and see what happened. anyways im rambling now, someone with more knowledge than i look here please !

Kitaraa rk - 1 signing off.

Wouldn't it be best if someone at Funcom came and explained the whole thing? It feels like there's alot of guesses going around. Give us some hard fact FC!

omg: snarf and gummi are alive!

*prostrate*
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

no, this is just a faded memory of them, I remember how "into" the game I was when we had this conversation... Ill be back, but not nearly as addicted as I once was..

I do have to say I love the community here but...

*looks at SWG wallpaper on desktop*

I have found a new love, and I have to wait for her hehe.

ROFLOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12