Thread: Mission blitzing. What is it really?

Mission blitzing. What is it really?

I've searched for a good guide on how to blitz missions, so I could link to it in posts. Didn't find one, so I'm making one.

First, not everyone can blitz. depending on your connection/ag/profession/skills (both as a player and your toon's skills)

The main thing about blitzing is that you intend to run through the mission, not caring about the mobs in there, run as fast as you can, grab the item you're after and, if able, run out again with the mission-reward.

Now, to do that, you'll need to make some preperations.
    [list=1][*]Make sure you have maxed body dev. If you haven't, do that (you should even if you're not blitzing. EVERYONE needs hitpoints.[*]Try to have your evades up. More evades=less crits on you=less damage=more chance of survival[*]Runspeed should be high. At 1000 runspeed, many mobs don't have time to react when you run through a room. You don't need 1k runspeed to succeed, but get as close as you can [*]Get clicksaver to find what you're looking for easier.will post a link here later[*]find a booth. Some booths give missions to different locations. Try to find out which boots give small missions in which areas. At lower lvls, it's not much of a difference, but at higher lvls, it may be vital. 'Most used' locations is to pull from Newland to Broken Shores, or from 10-3 to Mort (not suitable for clans, perhaps. Give me more examples here, and I'll update)[*]Buff up with all defensive buffs you got. HP-buffs, evadebuffs, HoTs, shields, runspeedbuffs, anything that will protect you from the mobs. Remember, they're there to HURT you. it's in their job-description. You can also ask for buffs from other players that will protect you. But remember to ask nicely. ....and respect if a clanner refuse to buff omnis and vice cersa. We ARE at war with eachother [*]anything I've forgotten here, please let me know, and I'll update
    [/list=1]

One thing to keep in mind. When blitzing, avoid 'kill target' missions at all cost. Identify mission are doable, but not advicable.

When pulling a mission, go for max cash (as you won't see the XP-reward anyway, due to not killing any mobs)
    I usually have the money slider to max money, and every second to right/left, kinda like this:
    0----------
    0----------
    0----------
    , which gives me 3 pick up item-mission-types, which doubles the chance of me finding the item I want (due to two items per mishion)

that's about it for now, I think.
    Last edited by Skybert; Dec 21st, 2002 at 11:54:11.

Map upgrade-Machines, so you see doors couple of rooms ahead and can run looking at your minimap. Make a mental note upon entering mission where do you want to run to. Mission objectives are usually in the opposite end of entrance. Most of the times that means running straight through main room.

Don't expect you doing it on first try. You die blitzing. Certainly avoid brown caves.

If you are healing class you may want to leave aggresion bar from full defense so you can heal. Also First Aid buff can be handy so you can use kits and still be at full defensive.

And I think with good blitzing buffs any class can do it.

Don't panic
    postcount++

http://www.mockers.net/blitzing.shtml

this is an official site dedicated to fixers, by a fixer org on rk1. If you are a fixer i'd suggest the whole site (good quest guide) but this particular link is a very good (imo) blitzing guide. Along with this, check out fixer forums, they have guides and links to guides there. (This one alone got me blitzing full hard from only doing 25%)

Also, check out for 'white caves' layouts and short missions... White caves can be found a little more often in certain areas (South Clon****...); short missions... have a look at the time given to you to complete the mission. The shorter the time, the smaller the mission area. 'Abandoned subways' type missions can be a good and a bad thing: their layout is very fluid, I never get lag in them, but the item to retrieve may be more than once hidden amongst rubbish on the ground, thus ahrd to spot.

"Retrieve item" and "Repair item" missions are the best for blitzing anyways.
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Nice job! Thanks a lot, Skybert!

Just one note: when you take an “pick up item-mission” remember, that you can not pick up the item during the fight. So, if mobs are attacking you then you have chance to finish the mission only with one item – the reward. (As it mentioned in the guyed from Mockers, “full defense” can help in this case.)
    Last edited by LittleBee; Dec 31st, 2002 at 18:58:53.
    "... when faced with a problem you do not understand, do any part of it you do understand, then look at it again."

--------
    Clora "Littlebee" Villalba - Fixer (Rubika-1)

At low levels doing missions in galway shire GOLD tend to give the small cave ones most of the time, for blitzing super for xp they suck, kill 1 mob then find the item and leave
    Rimor Server
    Robotgubben lvl 173/14/29 engineer