Thread: Heavy Suppresor or Nova Flow?

Heavy Suppresor or Nova Flow?

Not trying to start another weapons thread so I'm just looking for a simple answer. Have any docs tried a CHS or Nova Flow? If so, is it a viable weapon for pvp/pvm or will it suffer in the AR department.

Gun choices are getting so boring these days that any change from the mold would be good for me.
    Rotamus, 196 NT
    Littlebitt, 200 Doc
    Ranxacka, 153 Trader

Proud general of Immortal Ascension

America's Finest News Source

Hollywood Stock Exchange

Both of those were popular choices at one point. But you saw the problem yourself - attack rating. You could get a reasonable alpha with one of these weapons, but that's it. Any weapon with a split attack rating just isn't going to hit anything for you.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Wait until I finish my Doctor Guide to Weapons All your weapons questions answered!

Though I bet people still make lots of posts like this then, even still.

It might not be done till Saturday though, there turned out to be dozens of melee weapons worth rating, and I've been busier than usual the last two days.

The skinny - and a preview of my guide - here is how I would rate these two weapons:

Heavy Suppressor:
    Overall: * (extremely poor)
    PvM: ***
    PvP (duels): **
    PvP (notum wars): ***
    Specials: ****
    IP Cost: 0
    Implants: 0
    Buffs and Equipability: 0

Nova Flow:
    Overall: * (extremely poor)
    PvM: ***
    PvP (duels): *
    PvP (notum wars): **
    Specials: **
    IP Cost: *
    Implants: *
    Buffs and Equipability: ***

0 means it totally stinks, ***** is the highest rating. *** is average. You'll notice that both weapons score low in the IP cost, implants, and equipability areas - meaning they are an IP expensive pain in the butt to equip, and you may be forced to use a lower QL one than you'd like.

Both do viable PvM damage, but for the IP expense and inconvenience of getting them equipped, they aren't worth it, which is why they get a very low Overall rating.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

baaaaaaaaaaah damnit! I want to be different : (

Sidebar: I thought so, just wondered if someone put one on.
    Rotamus, 196 NT
    Littlebitt, 200 Doc
    Ranxacka, 153 Trader

Proud general of Immortal Ascension

America's Finest News Source

Hollywood Stock Exchange

HS would be fun to use. It's one of the coolest looking weapons in the game, in my opinion, and the FA is impressive.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

If the goal is just to be different, then go with MA. Yes, MA isn't that different. But when you're not in combat, you can equip any QL1 weapon you want. Walk around one day with a sword, next with a pistol, next with a crossbow. Nobody who sees you can tell it's a QL1 weapon - they all look the same regardless of QL. This gives plenty of room for self expression and still lets you have a nice skill for PvM.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Originally posted by Littlebitt
    baaaaaaaaaaah damnit! I want to be different : (

Sidebar: I thought so, just wondered if someone put one on.
    Well, you can be different....just accept the consequences.

Nova flows are basically crit guns with specials, base damage isn't all that great.

For doctors, anything with ranged energy as a base skill sucks, cause we need the implant locations for a nano skill.

Split skill weapons (assault rifle/ranged energy, AR/SMG, etc.) are not favored as Jynne stated unless the weapons has BIG damage, is reasonably fast (you miss more), or has lots of specials.

One thing you can look into, there are lots of shotguns out there besides Ithicas if you wanna be different. And if you have rifle skill raised, there are some rifle/shotgun combos (ranee) that are quite nice damage dealers.

But....I really really wanna know if I can use an Oneida when I get title level 6 :P
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

If I was given the choice between one or the other of these two weapons, I'd opt for the suppressor.

Reason being... a crit-dependent gun with a split (low) attack rating, i.e. novaflow, will not serve you well; it will not crit. The HS at least has ok base damage.

Even though... wow that's a lot of conflicting clusters/skills to implant.

There are ways to compensate for a crappy attack rating, even with beasts like these...

Most are on the expensive side... but at any rate, here's what I can think of off the top of my head:

Kaehler sleeves (x2 if you're lucky)
    Globe of clarity (x2 if you're lucky)
    Small ebony figurine
    Conductor of funneling
    Conductor of ransacking
    Soldier AR/AT buffs (this is the easiest of the lot; soldiers are fairly popular nowadays)

There's probably more that I'm missing. And this in itself is one hell of a shopping list. Most of these are title 5/6 items... but that's when we really feel the effects of our poor marksmanship skills. When you're sub-level 100, you can pull off a decent attack rating by having better implants than everyone else, with the possible exception of the odd twinked venturer.
    Last edited by Templar Red; Feb 14th, 2003 at 18:58:25.
    Lucas "Madhava" Graves || Gear
    Level 203 Chief of Staff Surgery
    Advisor of Synergy Factor

Chakra "Accessory" Red || Gear

I've used both with the K-Sleeves. My recomendation is to not waste your time. You look cool, it's fun to burst and full auto, but it's not worth the IP.

If you want to be different, try to avoid hybrid weapons. Pick a stat, max it, and stick with it.

SMG

Im using an MCS/Manex combo, switching from both depending on the type of damage that i want to do...its fun becuase i get to see/do different types of damage, and its a change from just pressing Q, you have the burst special, and you get a fairly decent AR =P

Just a thought....
    "If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them."
    - Henry David Thoreau

• Eynstine - 165/4 - Workin hard, but hardly workin

• Vodkanoreos - 104/0 - Yah, chasin vodka with oreos..reason i rolled a crat...