Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: solitus doc talk

solitus doc talk

well i am a solitus doc and the more i read about docs the more i regret it
    i believe i am a good doc with good heals and all but i keep thinking that i should of been a nanomage doc
    i couldve had better heals, i couldve been able to use shades of lubrication, but i cant, cuz im a solitus

well my question is, are there any advantages as a solitus doc over other breeds? (especially nanomages) becaus i myself have not noticed any
    Current Character: TL5 Opi MA

Higher HP, and easier to get into some of the higher level armors (I know some lvl 200 Nanomages who implant abilities over other important things because they "need" to for various reasons). I have always been of the opinion that the more HP you have, the longer you'll survive (especially against EQB enforcers ) so I don't regret being Solitus at all.

A casual-playing Solitus doctor who's not in a big guild with high QL bases will simply not be able to cast all Doc nanos, but can get relatively close with a lot of unique/rare items. Nanomage have it much easier in that regard, and IMHO will be much better off in Shadowlands -- its just a feeling I have.

Short answer... not really. Unless AO introduces a beauty ranking.

Certainly nothing worth it, compared to how much the Shades and Vest can do for you. On the plus side, the tower bonuses let Solitus get CH in TL4 cap pretty easily. I don't really mind being Solitus... it has a *few* advantages with armor and dribble down to skills (like MG/SMG), but they aren't that great.

The advantage of Solitus is versatility, not advantages. We don't have advantages, but we don't have *weaknesses*.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

i think we can safely say that the nanomage fix worked well :)

about a few months ago or so ago the lines would have been alot clearer and the odds stacked towards solitus .

thing is that nanomages start to bloom around your level while you had a little smoother start due to the higher health.

even though there is no denying that a nanomage is now the ultimate medium (if you got heals) to high level (if you dont) caster breed i do not think a solitus has anything to regret really.

heck, with the advent of carbonum and bronto armor even atroxes can be effective docs - it depends upon your playstyle and likes & dislikes
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

I regret picking solitus. Only because of the Prof Jones Vest. Otherwise the differences aren't particularly glaring. I'd give my left nut for the breed restriction to be taken off it.
    Doctor * - Adventurer - Trader - Martial Artist
    Enforcer - Soldier - Engineer

Buying:
    190+ Soul Fragments - 22M
    Mantis Eggs - 3M
    Frederickson Micro-kinetic Sleeves
    Send /tell to Kwis4

thx for the info every1
    Current Character: TL5 Opi MA

I'm not sure Nanowimps will be the best docs after Shadowlands. Look at the new char creation area (well, I still think of it as new). They model the doc as a solitus. The enf is atrox, the Adv is solitus (their definition of average), the fixer is opifex, the NT is nanowimp.

If FunCom thinks that solitus should be the best doc, then reality will change to make it so.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

<--- lvl 152 and no CH..... Yes i must have grim something in me (first Character)...

What i do know is I have none uber items and even not a bit of medium to get items like jone vests etc~~ ( i cannot even Camp Neleb due to lousy attack :/ ) am a casual player....hmmmm and yes I regretted being solitus

Edit ( i do have QL 200s or 190 pus implants.. )
    Dreamerxx - Doctor Current Setup Future Hope

Dreamerll - Soldier Babe

Dankala - Loved MP

Wound on the bone can heal but a wound from words may fester

Dream contact me in game we'll go over your implants at your lvl you should be able to CH with no special items you implants just may need a little twinking
    ~Pianless2~ Doctor

~Ceraanne~ Crat

Ever feel like your in a herd of turtles running through a cloud of peanut butter?

DBM dont worry, Solitus is s good choise. With all these new items, towers and stuff getting added to the game the diffrence between solitus and nanomage at tl6 is not big.

Sheffy desciribe what nanomage have to do to get into armor and stuff, because of the OE-ghost...
    Nanomage gets better nanopool and a litle better basic nanoskills, add the PVH-vest on top and the nanodoc can selfcast a few more buffs then solitus without towers and org-bonuses. I'm not sure if that makes nanodoc any better tho...

If i was to redo my doc, i'm 99% sure i would go the nanobreed route again tho, i simply love my 8,7k nanopool (not even twinked), but then again with nanoregen-plants and nt buffs thats not much of an advantage...

I also wish that I didn't choose Solitus, for all the reasons stated above.

The only advantage that I can see is at lower levels when it's advantagous to have more hps so you don't die as quickly...

I went through that stage for a while where I regretted choosing Solitus.

But listen, we all have our strenghts and weaknesses. I find it's more important to know what your weaknesses are, aknowledge them and then concentrate on your strenghts in an attempt to make the best you can out of what you got.

I can't cast CH yet and I don't use a weapon (not until lvl 150 that is). However what I can do is HEAL! Whether each of us has more nano or more hp, has more special items for our breed, or an easier time geting into armor, the one thing that we all have in common is our ability to heal.

To me playstyle determines more of how good you are as a doc than what breed specific items you have or how big your nano pool is. In her own right a Lvl 20 Doc could outshine a Lvl 200 Doc given the right circumstances.

Just do things according to how you like to play. Remember there was some reason you choose Solitus over Nanomage during character creation. Just try to remember what that reason was and go with it. For me, I chose Solitus for looks. So what I like to sometimes do is go and get all dressed up and stand around in Omni Trade or Omni Ent. flirting with and buffing people. Not to say a nanomage couldn't do the same thing but I like to think I look better at it

My point is this game is similar to life in the respect that there always going to be choices you regret making and things you regret doing. And there's always going to be someone one step ahead of you. Just find your place and slide in there.

But this game has one BIG advantage over RL. You can always start over as a different breed. If you really don't like Soli, just re-roll a Nanomage. Sure it takes time but if you did it once you can do it again.

But in my opinon we're all Doc's regardless of breed, Lvl, equipment, etc.

I'm proud to be a Solitus, but more importantly, I'm proud to be a Doctor!

Grass is always greener on the other side, looks like. I kinda like being nanomage, starting in title level 4 with Jones vest the heals outmatch the solitus guys but then deep into title level 5 everything evens out heal wise, only difference is arranging implants and such.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

Fryli hit the nail on the head. NW has blurred the breeds to a point where ifyou can place a few towers it almost doesn't matter.

I'm happy with my choice, some things for me are easier then for other breeds, and vice versa. Capitalize on your strengths.

As been said here, after NW came out the breed choice for docs (and many other profs) got less of a deal. Nanogimps can put up hp towers to compensate their lack of body dev, while Gimpituses can put up mm/bm towers instead.

Sometimes, I regret choosing nanogimp. The reason: Stamina.
    Almost all good armor has high stamina reqs. Carbonum (580), Albrecht (576) and Azure (605). As a nanogimp you have to implant stamina to keep Azure non-OE. :/

Also, I miss the hp a bit.. Tanking Ris Lee isnt very fun when you have <8k hp..

But then, nano skills and nano pool weighs up for it sometimes. Casting the best hp buffs and best heals with First Aid imps really helps when camping bosses.

On monday I got Azure Breastplate, and I've now officially stopped using Prof Jones Vest. Nanoskills became kinda gimped, but the +500 AC's and -10% crunch is hard to get tempted by.. :P

And that about sums it up, really... the jones vest is good, even great if you have a +18 or better one, for your nano skills.

But it's not the "top line" chest armor for casters anymore, really - azure is. And there's very viable other chest options at high levels, such as spiritual rites, omni-AF/sentinels, or at any level in the form of metallic mantis, and CAS.

The price of wearing a jones vest and shades of lucubration, though, is that you pass up on 1500-2500 points of AC and potentially between 250-500 or more additional hitpoints. You could also be passing up on -25% nano cost reduction (GPH and azure BP) and a bunch of additional NCU.

By the time you make it to the real high level game, you'll find that you can cast all the nanos you really need as an atrox, let alone as a solitus. You won't miss it if you can't cast Sentient Nano Gorger or the 60-second grid warp.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Congrats Drsnurre

By 200, your nanoskills won't be "gimped" anymore without the vest anyway. Motivation to level, hey hey

Angry Ahem

Why is it in these breed posts that nooe hardly ever mentions us Opi's? If nothing else we are by far the best looking

I must admit though I despaired pre-NW and retired my 169 opi doc... hell I even sold my Spiritual Rites BP to Sheffy
    But I just couldn't stay away

Dunno what our advantages are though, apart from maybe slightly better evades and shotty skill due to our lovely 544 agi cap... any 200 Opi docs who could shed some light on that?
    I feel Great, ooooooh yeaaah!

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
    --Jack Handy

Re: Ahem

Originally posted by The Yli Family

Dunno what our advantages are though, apart from maybe slightly better evades and shotty skill due to our lovely 544 agi cap... any 200 Opi docs who could shed some light on that?
    Hmmm..Better evades, nice, but with the latest patches (crit-nerf) I hardly get crittet anymore, not even by MAs when i´m on full agg...so no real advantage anymore

Shotty btw is based 100% on strenght, so no advantage for Opis as well.

Beeing a lvl200 nanogimp i get over 9.5k HP with an essence running, while having nearly 8k Nano...

But, end of the day, with the introduction of NW the breed choice has lost nearly all of its importance. Hey, nowadays I´d take Opi just for the looks
    /pet Tesla heal, .... no master, I won´t do that

Summerbreeze Real Mean Shadesse

proud Advisor of Black Thorns

In the hands of an experienced player even Atrox works well as a doctor. If you really need cheering up over the fact that've chosen Soli instead of Nano, just take a look at Fryli's bald head and screwed up mouth.
    Konstas
    Screw SK. I was a divine presence at 200.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast