Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Desolator Doc

The Desolator Doc

The other day i got ahold of a Stygian Desolator From the Temple of the three winds because no one around wanted it, then later on in a tower battle i was slowly killed by a weak agent over a period of 4 minutes simply because i couldn't hurt him worth a damn and my team ran off while i was rooted.

Now it happens that 2he and fast attack doesn't really interfere with medical implants except the bright time&space...

My original plan was to get into ql110 implants, get wrangle and spend some IP to wield the desolator, but as i ran some damage checks it seems the Frost Scythe of the Legionnaire actually does more damage as well as being cold AC, but it looks really dumb.

Any thoughts? It seems as if the desolator should be far more powerful, maybe it's because i set damage calculator to small init, it skews towards the desolator on default values.

have fun ipring
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

Have to agree with Gwend. I don't know how effective it would be in the short term... but eventually you'll use 3 IPR points (FA, 2HE, Melee Init), which become important when FC nerfs whatever is good later. If you don't mind that, you can give it a shot... but considering how quickly you can level out of it, and the fact that it wouldn't help if a Agent rooted you again... :-)
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

I agree with the above. Both those weapon choice's are bad, IF your looking to actually do dmg. If your looking to be differant, well, you would be.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Really, any kind of weapon use will be a pain for doctors early on, too bad there seems to be a slump in weapons that require 2he only. So as a plan to carry up to my very high levels it's probably a failure due to that, although it might just last to the 130s or so when most docs seem to arm themselves. Not bad considering I'm 63 now, but this is my first character so I'm uncertain about the scaling of things.
    There is always the IPreset option later on i guess, bt i'll put it on hold until I feel I've considered it well

But compared to going Manex at higher levels or anything the IP use probably wouldn't be too different, still dark blue smg, burst and ranged init. If only there was a better assortment of 2 handed melee weapons...
    Can we blame that on Funcom maybe?

Note: The sword has a red shiny lava texture in black twisted metal and is the size of a small enforcer, too bad they'll get more common since it's a temple drop, it's worth wearing for looks alone!

Almost everything bad in this game can be blamed on funcom.

They suck
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Originally posted by Turin
    Almost everything bad in this game can be blamed on funcom.

They suck
    *lol*

Anyway, back on topic...

By 130? By 130, you'll have been doing ql190+ missions for a while. If you use a weapon, you'll need the ATR anyway.

Most Docs start on the weapons at 130 because of a few simple reasons:

1) Titlecap on healing at 127

2) After 130, the missions just get easier and easier, while the team gets stronger and stronger. This means that your healing becomes less valuable, until you get to the boss.

3) Because of (2), you need something to make yourself more valuable. By the time you are TL5, you'll be doing missions with people with ONE goal - get through them as FAST AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE. They need 281 bajillion XP to level, and the mobs are orange-yellow. The teams charge ahead, split, solo, etc throughout the mission, and the only place you really need to do a super job at healing them is at the boss, or if they get into real trouble. I've never felt more useless than on a team with 4 people - me, a 175ish Soldier, 170 MA, and a 155 Engineer. Yea, Engineer. Remember those? That group tore through the missions without blinking, and my healing was pretty much cosmetic. When we got to the boss, even, the bot tanked (yay aggro trimmer), so I just plucked away with my bow. If felt good to be needed the few times the aggro switched, though.

4) This is when PvP starts getting really important, at least if you are in an organization.

5) Up until level 90 or so, MA is a perfectly fine skill. After 90, I never soloed a mission, other than blitzing. No point. The XP blows goats, and it takes freaking forever, I don't care what weapon you have. As a consequence, I just stopped raising it as I started teaming exclusively, and my role as a damage dealer was not needed.

Up until that point, you can get away with doing healing only, because people need your full attention, and you will be spamming a lot of nano.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

My doc used Stygian for a few levels. The damage output was in a word: insane. Before you outgrow the damage, you'll outgrow the AR. There's that period of time where you're like level 90 and doing ql 180 missions where using a melee weapon is pointless.

Parry.
    Parry.
    Parry.
    etc.

Also, like the others said, you'll either be using IPR or just be out that many IP later on. Melee is worthless once AR becomes your biggest concern. Perhaps if parry is ever fixed, it'll at least be a viable pvm option at higher levels. Very nice though for the level you can equip. Can't think of a better weapon. In the 50s, she could outdamage quite a few people. 13s recharge on fast attack helps too. (And flurry. )

Ha! Too late, I already went and did it!
    It seems ok so far, worth it for all the comliments alone.("where does it drop?" "whoa, big sword!" "Can you out the sword away i can't stop staring at it" "post sword, plz") It also matches my red tertius helmet

Although my nano skills seem slightly unhappy, it'll rectify in time i hope... No complaints yet.

Well no matter what, I'm having fun wielding something the size of a small enforcer, so you guys can't really criticize me until i start complaining about lack of IP (big possibility). We'll see what happens...

Not a bad choice, go QB at 161...if they dont change the inits, a max speed cap would make it still viable for other proffs.

And yes, you will do better than another qb enf.

(why)

You will hit faster

Yeah our init debuffs is an enforcers nighmare, and while they don't tend to stick on high level mobs that much they do their job.
    I can finally solo again! (Even thuogh i prefer teaming, it's just something I can take pride in) Fun to take on 2 mobs my own level and come out winner...

But i'm wondering, does inits affect recharge time? Manuals seem to hint that it does not. According to manual and such it shouldn't bring attack to less than 1 second either, but I have a sneaky feeling that's wrong...

There was a fix to inits as part of the ELLTS nerf a while back. Things that effect init now effect weapon recharge, too. They do not effect nano recharge, however.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

init does effect recharge time just like attack time

and unless youre going 2he for pure pvm and strickly for fun i would consider switching to something else at lvl200 youll have around 900ish ar compared to the enfs 1500 who misses and gets parried constantly plus youre nothing but a gigantic sign saying root me root me in pvp and wont be able to do a single thing about

but if you are doing it for fun check out improved tango dirks a crat friend of mine put a couple on his atrox crat and loves em only require piercing/brawl and multi melee if you want to use 2 stygian will only be good up to lvl70 or so before everyone starts to out dmg you and then its off to 7s recharge katanas or ipring

Or higher ql ones in the higher level dungeon.. (to be).

only god knows when IS will hit live ;p and guarenteed every enf over lvl125 will camp that place 24/7

gonna be a cluster ***** when it hits though tons of ksing and hella lag cant wait :>

Originally posted by Rioko
    Not a bad choice, go QB at 161...if they dont change the inits, a max speed cap would make it still viable for other proffs.
    kinda off-topic, but is this possible? I haven't really done the calculations, but I want to confirm before I start dumping IP into 2he that I can actually do this...though I've got a few levels to go :P

oh, and is it possible to upgrade to a EQB? any docs out there actually using one?

ty in advance for the info
    Caduceus 207 Doctor of the Bratpack
    Matahari 147 Agent
    Lyra 156 Crat
    Testlive

What about the north/south/west/east wind katanas? they seem like nice alternatives at higher levels, though some seem to require a lot of skills. South wind seems the best one for 2he i think.

Originally posted by Syndrom
    What about the north/south/west/east wind katanas? they seem like nice alternatives at higher levels, though some seem to require a lot of skills. South wind seems the best one for 2he i think.
    East is an adventurer-only, west is MA-only. Meibutsu is enforcer-only.

North (cold) has 4 reqs, South (fire) has 3.

You may find that the north has an extra dimach req, but total IP required is far less.
    Anpu (engi), and Tannit (engi); Chewtoy for science!

Originally posted by TheOlympian

kinda off-topic, but is this possible? I haven't really done the calculations, but I want to confirm before I start dumping IP into 2he that I can actually do this...though I've got a few levels to go :P

oh, and is it possible to upgrade to a EQB? any docs out there actually using one?

ty in advance for the info
    It's not a question of whether it is possible. It's a question of whether or not it is worth being melee when you don't have green melee skills + melee buffs with the current insane parry rate on mobs.

There's a reason why you don't see too many high level melee characters that aren't enfs/mas/advs.

well, I'm mostly in it so i can carry around a big fr***in sword... :P
    I'm not too interested in being uber at pvp or being a heavy damage dealer on a team. I think a QB will do just fine for that and let me keep looking like an enforcer all the way to the end

Although, i must admit that a PoP and a Kick pistol are looking rather attractive compared to the QB, which is why I want to make sure it's possible before blowing a few IPR points
    Caduceus 207 Doctor of the Bratpack
    Matahari 147 Agent
    Lyra 156 Crat
    Testlive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast