Thread: Im New to Doc Community

Talking Im New to Doc Community

Hi i have just recently started a new character on rk1

She is a Solitus Doctor (Clan) and is at lvl 6 atm!

Now i have a Omni Enforcer at lvl 68, but i wanted to start a doctor aswell mainly because i respect the doctors that help us survive and the idea of doing that myself was very tempting

so anyway back to the point of this post.

I have worked out wot sort of things i need to max each lvl and wot things i need to raise a bit at a time to keep fairly high and things to completly leave!

I want to be a Healing Doctor and not a doc that does dmg aswell, only wen i reach a real high lvl like 120 - 130.

Now i have NO idea about Implants, seen as i have only played the Game for about 1 month now (im a keen Counter Strike Player) so i need to know a good setup for a healing doctor with some nice buffs and good evades. All the help i can get would be VERY usefull! I would be willing to give money for people to buy me wot i need, as i repeat im a complete n00b wen it comes to complicated stuff like implants :P

I will post again if there is anything i have forgot to post on here for u to answer.

I thank You lot in advance! and would appriciate ANY help!

also does any1 recomend a good guild, mayb like a Doctor Guild for Clan!

Thank you SO much

Medibird

p.s. doctors ability to grid from anywhere sounds SSOOO cool
    "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"

First off welcome to the doc profession.

The following is a great site created by Letah which has many different sugjested implant layout for several professions. I sugjest you check it out
    http://letah.ff.net/implant

Fraid I cannot offer any sugjestions on guilds though
    SmileyDoc, Veteran of Black Death Union

"No doc can heal stupidity." -Jynne

Thanks for suggestion my site

this layout is best for you

It's aimed at agil/sta/int/psy abilities and TS/BM/MM, your main healingskills. No weaponskills. You can use this layout till at least 150ish.

Guilds, hmm. Prolly best for youy is find a nice low to midlvl guild with people you like. Your bound to find people that like you as doctor; join those people

Should you need specific help about nanos, skills, strategies etc you should read some of the topics here in the doctor forum, search for keywords in this doctor forum etc. Or ask us!
    Last edited by Letah; Feb 26th, 2003 at 15:07:28.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Thank youy for yuor promt reply,

Nice website u got there, VERY usefull i would advice ALL to go there n check it out!

If there is any other things u would suggest i do!

likie wot heals to buy, do i buy em all.

all stuff like that would make my n00b life much easier!

Thx again

Medibird
    "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"

Hey Medibird,

Good question about buying heals. You'll find that it's a total waste of money to purchase every nano in the shop. The difference from one heal to the next is quite small, so it's just not worth the expense. We get so many single target heals that you can easily skip 3 or 4 and no one will notice. The only nano that I do suggest you stay up to date with is the team health buffs. People always want that buff.

A few brief tips:
    1. Get used to looking at the team window. You'll be seeing it a lot. You don't usually need to know what the hp status of the mob is, and often don't even care what it is. You need to know who needs to be healed.
    2. Be very careful about chatting in combat. Your teammates can get killed that way.
    3. It's useful to keep an eye out for adds. This is especially true if you don't have a crowd controller in the group. Knowing how many mobs are in the fight helps you to know what to watch for in the team window.
    4. Do not be a silly doc like I was and think that health and evades are for tanks and not docs. You may not need them as much as the tank does, but you certainly need them.
    5. You will get aggro. No way to avoid it. If you're not capable of doing damage, get used to moving around to limit the damage you take while the team kills the mob for you.

Being the doc can be very rewarding. Everyone will tell you how great you are. Don't get a big head over it, but have fun and enjoy it.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops