Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MP Wishlist: Berserker Nano

MP Wishlist: Berserker Nano

Hey there,

I promised Wingless that I would kick this idea up again. For now I'd like to stick to the basic Berserker idea which is that the target suddenly goes wildly insane and gets massive strength and power in battle.

Present proposal based on the entire thread discussion is:
    I'm not at all sure how best to actually write in the pet absorb and unabsorb section. I've put it into the text here rather than into the details section. The hard part is returning the pets in their state before the nano was cast. One option would be to simply have a Stun nano cast on the attack and heal pets for 5 minutes. This wouldn't do the visual of absorbing the pets... but might be easier to implement.

I've just thrown some numbers in here without greatly considering comparitive strengths, balance etc... so feedback on the numbers would be greatly appreciated.

I've also added in a high nanocost and a quite high NCU requirement. As with many 'desperate measures' nano I think it makes sense that an MP should have to reserve a chunk of free NCU in order to be able to cast it. Combined with very hard to reach Nanoskill requirements, this means that the MP would be unable to fit too many other external buffs on top of this one. It might be very unbalancing to be able to have an essence, HP buff, RRFE and this nano running at the same time after all.

Let me know what you think.

Proposal for Berserker Nano
    ====================

A regularly recurring idea on the MP boards is the idea of a berserker nano. The berserker is usually seen as being an expression of pure rage that makes their attacks particularly vicious and enables them to ignore physical injuries in the overwhelming emotion of the moment. Given the MP's strong connection with their emotions, this is an idea that fits well with the MP idea.

This particular implementation of the Berserker idea involves the following:
    • The MP absorbs the attack pet and heal pet into his own body.
    • The MP gets the attack benefits via an AddAllOff buff, a Scale buff and an Init Buff
    • The MP gets the 'ignoring injury' effect through an HP Buff, a HoT and an AddAllDef buff.
    • The MP loses control of his nanos due to the wild anger. This would be implemented with a massive NanoC-Init debuff. This effect would continue for some time after the Berserker effect had stopped
    • After the effect is over, the MPs pets would return unbuffed and with the same HP, Nano and time remaining as they had before the effect.
    • The nano would only be castable once every 30 minutes - implemented with a skill lock.

Some ideas for detail:

Berserker Nano

Casting Requirements
    • Mat Cre: 800
      TimeSpace: 800
      Bio Meta: 800
      PsychMod: 800
      SenseImp: 800
      MatMet: 800
      Self Has 1 Regular Pets
      Self Has 1 Healing Pets
      Quantum Physics >= 1

NanoCost: 2000
      NCU Cost: 51

Nano Effects
    • Self AddAllOff: +200 for 5 minutes
      Self Scale: 120% for 5 minutes
      Self Melee Init: +100 for 5 minutes
      Self Phys Init: +100 for 5 minutes
      Self Ranged Init: +100 for 5 minutes
      Self Max Health: +750 for 5 minutes
      Self AddAllDef: +100 for 5 minutes
      Heal Over Time: +250 60 ticks, delay 5 seconds

Self NanoC-Init: -2000 for 10 minutes
      Self Quantum Physics: -3000 for 30 minutes

Just a first pass on quite a complex nano. Let me know what you all think.
    X
    Last edited by XtremTech; Apr 7th, 2003 at 10:40:01.
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

wingless hooked me up with a much needed mochams boost tonight, so I mean absolutely no disrespect...

but after reading the above post (which does have some good merit) - wingless has to be a girl (and/or hopless romantic) in real life

love ya wingless

merci de votre aide ce soir wingless ... voyages sûrs

From a role-play / prof-concept viewpoint, if all evil emotions are used in this manner, then the MP probably couldn't have an attack pet out. Maybe we could overlook that, though.

I also recall the threads some time back when we were discussing the possibility of doing away with the attack pet altogether, and just absorbing it into the MP. This sounds similar. One of the argurments that shut it down was that shape changing is a special thing for Advs. I'm sure that would be a problem here, as well.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Sounds interesting.

Shapechanging only for advs? Slayerdroid transfer?
    Talornin the cranky and rude Meta-Physicist.
    When in danger
    When in doubt
    Run in circels
    Scream and shout!

Talornin was born on Wed Dec 26 21:36:26 2001
    Talornin dinged 220/30/70 on Sat Apr 12 13:24:24 2014

Finally!

only some point at recall at all here.

first point we already use stuff that other use. like debuff ini dmg , used by doctor.
    nano debuff used in part by the trader
    nano attack used by too many class lol

and on the concept is normal to thing the mp are the first at use th shapechanging. the idea are based on the lycantrophie , where the spirit of the wolves take the control on u and change u shape like him in part, on the concept of hulk, the anger change hoim in a big masse of strenght and rage , and beserker legend, where he are says is the corpse of warrior possesd by the spirit of the fury.

then we can easy think we can loose the control of the system of summon an anger pet and create another shape from the body of the mp( and plz this time use an original model for change, not already use for an monster) we can think too is an dark branch of the metaphysiste that have master this art that have create an entire nanoline based on this.
    Wingless - MP lvl 158 - Atlantean (Rk1) [Armor]

Rustykiller - lvl 53 - President of Nightwalker

BUMP.. plz read it is an good idea

The slayerdroid transference nano was and is disliked by the adventurers still in that it not only includes a shape change - but also includes an even better buff than some of the best morphs. We would need to be careful there.

I like the idea of the attack and heal pet being absorbed back into the MP for a berserker/seraphim effect. It would give an attack rating boost, a scale boost, a damage add and perhaps other attack benefits and would give a big HoT effect, HP buff and evade boost. It could be a 5 minute effect with a 5 minute NanoShutdown so that no nanos at all could be cast during the effect and an 8 minute -2000 to nanoC-init so that for three minutes after the effect the MP would have a very hard time casting any nanos.

When the 5 minute effect is over the pets are unabsorbed and will continue to be commandable. The 'unabsorbed' pets would have nothing in their NCU. So you'd have 5 minutes of high damage and also high defence followed by 3 minutes of little ability to cast nanos and the attack pet that 'unabsorbed' would have no buffs so would be low speed and low damage.

The nano should debuff Quantum physics by 2000 for 20 minutes and have a QUantum Physiucs >= 0 requirement so that it could only be cast once every 20 minutes.

How does that sound?

X

i really like this

Most interesting indeed. Our attack though..what would it be ? Brawl, Melee ? What about our gun toting brothers and sisters ? do we need to unequip a weapon to us it ? Will the weapon disapear on the morph ? do it become unavailable and we have to close to melee range ?..Would we need Melee Init skilz ?
    Shadow Lv 13 Deity. Mp Warrior.
    I am The Master of Shadows. I am here to help you...
    We are L E G I O N for we are many.

Teh Layout

“One should be as humble as the dust he treads upon...
    But do not mistake my Humbleness as Weakness.”

The light battles the darkness.Who we are decides which side will prevail.

Hmm my thought was going to be to make the attack rating boost an AddAllOff boost. That way the skill wouldn't be specific.

X

I'm curious, is there a reason to go with a debuff on QFT rather than the skill locks that FC seems to like?

If skills are going past 2000 in Shadowlands, you many need to make the debuff larger.
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Shadow Ops

Quantum Physics is used because it's the skill locked for Nullity Sphere. Could be any skill I suppose.

X

So, locking a skill and debuffing it by 2000 are the same thing? Guess it doesn't really matter, I was just curious.
    Shadow Ops

So, locking a skill and debuffing it by 2000 are the same thing? Guess it doesn't really matter, I was just curious.
    Yup essentially the same thing in terms of effect as long as the skill that is massively debuffed is a requirement in casting the nano.

So for nullity sphere the requirements are:
    • matter meta >= 418
      matter creation >= 418
      quantum physics >= 1
      visual profession == nano-technician

and the nano casts a "Negative Feedback" debuff on the NT which does:
    • modify target quantum physics -2000

The convention that FC seems to use is that items that are 'used' lock a skill - but that nanos are restricted by virtue of a debuff and associated skill requirement.

X

Originally posted by XtremTech

I like the idea of the attack and heal pet being absorbed back into the MP for a berserker/seraphim effect. It would give an attack rating boost, a scale boost, a damage add and perhaps other attack benefits and would give a big HoT effect, HP buff and evade boost. It could be a 5 minute effect with a 5 minute NanoShutdown so that no nanos at all could be cast during the effect and an 8 minute -2000 to nanoC-init so that for three minutes after the effect the MP would have a very hard time casting any nanos.

When the 5 minute effect is over the pets are unabsorbed and will continue to be commandable. The 'unabsorbed' pets would have nothing in their NCU. So you'd have 5 minutes of high damage and also high defence followed by 3 minutes of little ability to cast nanos and the attack pet that 'unabsorbed' would have no buffs so would be low speed and low damage.

The nano should debuff Quantum physics by 2000 for 20 minutes and have a QUantum Physiucs >= 0 requirement so that it could only be cast once every 20 minutes.

How does that sound?

X

the part about the absorbtion sounds pretty cool.. prolly make a requirement that both attack and heal pet have to be casted before the nano will execute? possibly have it where the pets are "pulled" back into the owner during the casting of the nano...

and though, i'll state this.. as i honestly dont care if adv dont like it.. but having us morph into something demon like... but different color.. maybe some clothes too?

cause, the whole morphing thing makes more sense with an MP.. we're able to create physical entities from our thoughts... why on earth cant we morph ourself into something for a minute or two?

although, the idea can be done without the morphing.. but it just wouldnt be as cool.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Originally posted by XtremTech
    The slayerdroid transference nano was and is disliked by the adventurers still in that it not only includes a shape change - but also includes an even better buff than some of the best morphs. We would need to be careful there.

Ok, jumping in here to comment on the advie/morph thing. I have checked previous posts, and while there was some mutterings there about the engies Slayer Trans, I doubt anyone would start shouting there because MPs were suddenly able to morph into demon shape.

That being said, we resent the fact that our profession defining ability is so... broken in places. Parrot (other) was nerfed pretty much beyond practical use, what with the 30/30 cast time, the Leet is a party trick with very little use, and Pit Lizard is now really only usable as a griefing tool.

What we would hate is if you got yourself that kickham morph, while ours still remain broken and nerfed and non-kickposterior. What we didn't like about Slayer Trans wasn't that the Engies got a morph, it was, as Xtremtech said, because they got a pretty good one without the penalties we get with Sabre (which as you have noticed is the one we actually use in combat) or Pit Lizard (which you might have noticed we never use seriously), and which we believe are totally unwarranted considering the positive buffs involved in our morphs.

Then again, advies have taken such a beating lately that we might not even notice, or care, and as long as the love goes to someone else deserving (and MPs are that, although I do consider the path fix to be a pretty huge chunk of love in and of itself ) I personally would be happy to see you turn into mighty demons. Can't speak for the rest of the advies though, just my .02 credz.
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

prolly make a requirement that both attack and heal pet have to be casted before the nano will execute? possibly have it where the pets are "pulled" back into the owner during the casting of the nano...
    Yup precisely that was what I meant.

All of the ideas above are pulled from various threads in the past and as such none of them are my ideas. It's just a precis idea based on a selection of about 12 threads I found from the last 6 months or so.

Here's another element worth discussing. One of the threads contained the idea that the status of the absorbed pets at time of casting of the nano should affect the power of the buffs you'd get from the nano too.

So if the attack pet was at full health at time of casting you'd get full buff benefits after absorbing the pets. But if the attack pet was at 50% health you'd only get 50% of the benefits. Similarly if the Heal pet was at 50% nano then you'd only get 50% of the heal type benefits...

This would add a little incentive to attack the pets more before the MP could cast his Berserk nano....

X

bump

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast