Thread: Do we need a gadget/stuff info thread?!

Question Do we need a gadget/stuff info thread?!

heya Agents ...

I'm kinda new on this board, but it seems like the most appropriate place for the idea I have ...

We're Agents ... we're James Bond(s) of the Rubi-Ka .. we're the ones with THE style, THE looks, THE gadgets, THE info on what's going on.

ok ... in 007 movies we had Q to get it all for us .. in here, in AO we have to manage by ourselves. SO - lets help each other out! .. all we need is info!

Info about where and what can be obtained to better equip ourselves, to look better, to feel better in AO ... so it's not as boring as it seems to some ppl lately.

Until now I (for example) had 2 excelent sources of info:
    - 'Unique/Rare/Uncommon/Common Mobs & their drops list!' post in now closed 'The world of Rubi-Ka' boards here
    - AgentSector website
    ... but alas ... thread is closed, and Agent sector seems to be running outa steam :/ .. every enthusiasm runs out sooner or later - that's understandable.

So ... my proposal is - I'll make post (ala "Unique/Rare/Uncommon/Common Mobs & their drops list!") in here and I'll keep it updated as more replys it'll get with new info.
    What I'll do is: I'll keep my post updated with new info from replys in the thread .... it'll basically be link list - links to info around the web onwhere to get agent related/useable stuff.
    What I need your help with is: Remeber about those boards and this thread - once you get something new (new info or Screenshot of some new stuff) - spare some minutes and post a reply on my thread about it, so others can learn about it too and we, Agent community in AO, get stronger.

... any comments so far? ..

P.S. and no - I'm not a roleplaying adict (at all) .. I just like to be informed about the new (and old) stuff this game has to offer us ... some ppl like conspiracy, unsolved misteries - I dont .. this is a game, computer software, I simply want to know how it works and what we can get out of it.
    Evan "Litestep" Vein ........ Rimor Agent
    "Maeltor" ........ Tradeskills Engie

Liteshop ........ Test server Trader/Explorer

Lemme start!

Number one must have: Collins Bio rifle! *fling* *fling* 0wned
    Drops of: hmm...blitzable.

please don't refer to James Bond :P Im sick already of the players ingame named Snipe007 or somethin, makes me wanna laugh, seriously

Good idea anyway

TIMmay!

The TIM scope is a must have for all Agents

It drops off a giant robot named T.I.M. in the foreman's office in The Longest Road (he’s down at the bottom and if you're lvl 100 or below don’t go alone)

T.I.M. has a lot of HP even though he’s level 100.

Here are the specs on the often sought after T.I.M. scope...

HUD Upgrade: Enhanced Target Acquisition

This isn’t the only thing he drops so don’t get your hopes up sometimes he drops the Engineer Scope (I forgot the name of the item but its Engineer only and nodrop so don’t worry about it)

The spawn time on T.I.M. is around a 20% chance every 20 minutes. There is a myth that that only applies if you are outside of the room that he spawns in.

Good Luck
    "With every passing hour our solar system comes forty-three thousand miles closer to globular cluster 13 in the constellation Hercules, and still there are some misfits who continue to insist that there is no such thing as progress"

Walk as if thou werest a shadow

Shadow Fade Armor

Found only in the Temple of the Three Winds accessible by foot for members of the Clans (its in greater Tir, ask around if you dont know, and watch out for spiders). Accessible by a high-tech portal out of Rome Green District for employees of Omni-Tek for a mere 1000 credits paid to the Windcaller (the guy in the robe standing next to it).

Shadow Fade is the stuff of legend and should keep you safe for quite a few levels.

Specs on this Agent only armor are found here:

Shadowfade

As you can see you can equip this fairly early and should provide excellent protection for your needs.

Legs and arms are the most common drop these can be found on the cultists, the Reverends, Windcallers, and Exarchs (if I miss one forgive me its been awhile since I have been in the temple)

Body and Gloves are next on the drop list these can be found on Reverends, Windcallers, Exarchs, and if you're lucky cultists.

The helm is the most uncommon drop of this set its been known to drop off the smaller bots within the Guardian of Time's lair also it has been dropped by some Exarchs.

Be sure to get yourself an Exarch Robe as well.

I'm going off of personal experience within the temple so I know the drop information might be a little shaky so if anyone wants to be a critic be my guest I'm sure I missed something.

Happy Hunting
    "With every passing hour our solar system comes forty-three thousand miles closer to globular cluster 13 in the constellation Hercules, and still there are some misfits who continue to insist that there is no such thing as progress"

Post Were you born ugly? Buy a ski mask!

The Kevlar Wool Balaclava Helmet

Here’s a gift that keeps on giving. The Agent Balaclava can be bought at the fixer shop in Borealis (use the grid, you can find Borealis on the bottom floor). The Fixer shop can be only used by Fixers... With enough breaking and entering skill and a Fixer False profession nano you too can shop at the Fixer shop.

The specs can be found Here

This lovely piece of bullet proof wool will grow up with you. I mean you can level it as you gain levels. But before you right click it to upgrade it be sure you have the cash to do so. This thing becomes quite the burden on your pocket book at higher levels as the price to upgrade increases per level.

Over all some people swear by it, some hate it. Pick your side.

Don’t scare the dog.

some usefull info here, so it gets a sticky. keep it comming! makes it easier for the new people
    Mattie, 209 GrandMaster OT Finalizer
    Agent Professional
    send me an email
    or visit us on irc.funcom.com

"For everything that works, there was a time when it didn't."

I advise Raising your psychology even a little bit and picking up a Repressor they work great in team missions.

As we all know Agents are low on HP, that means we have to twink ourselfs into raising it un-naturaly.

Conductor of life tower - must have for the MAX, beg your org to clean a spot on the base you can land this bad boy on.

Red Organic suits - yeah look really ugly but give HP bonus.

Targeting Scopes - must have to add to crit. Tim scope is ok at earlier levels but when you switch to X-3 you will want to play "chance" over speed. 5% - 8% crit increase scopes are really easy to come by on rubi kai, i have a few extra /tell isetor
    i'll give to any agent for free. getting three crits in a row in 6 seconds for 3300+ dmg is better then 1100, 90, 400, 1100.
    Basicly with the more critical increase the more you crit. On avarage at level 150 i get 4 crits in a row without casting nanos, then that recycles about every 5 shots i get crits atleast 1 in 4 shots. This is why we are agents - going for critical hits.

Targeting scopes also raise AIMEDSHOT, which is another reason they are so awsome, that initial hit is even harder then before more chance of criting that aimedshot into a 10k.

I will also suggest you try to get DeCranums MKI-MKII armor if you are an agent, they add to HP which is a must need. +HP is better then more AC and everyone will agree. I wear QL199-200 CDS Armor suit right now and i'm begging for someone to come with me to smugs to get my MKII for HP boost, it's a must need.

Gift of the old Gargantua - this is wanted by many agents for increase to sense and sensory imp. if you can find it and you can afford it 2-4M, get it it's worth every penny.

VTE - every proffession should have atleast one.

Gift of the Old Gargantula

That is actually part of a set of items you should have. The other one is a rifle which adds to Sense Imp as well.

Junior Baby

Use Shining and Faded Psy Mod implants, Bright and Faded Sense Imp implants, and these two items together. They'll have you casting UA and TTS in no time.

PLEASE dont forgat an assortment of Holograms, personalised Lockpicks, Bobm Disarmament tools, and Sensitive Information.
    Last edited by Bliqz; May 2nd, 2003 at 15:29:03.
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

My brother once *sold* Urgent Sensitive Information on the shopping channels. This was about a year ago hehe.

What is Sensitive Information used for?

To get you those last points needed... buff-rifles:

Windchaser Quartz
    QL 22-25 +10 treatment

Gun Bag
    QL 30-79 +10 sense
    QL 80-144 +20 sense +10 psychic
    QL 145 +30 sense +20 psychic +35 perception

MTI SL70
    Intelligence bonus, ranging from +5 at QL 31 to +25 at QL 200

Tsakachumi
    Agility bonus, ranging from +4 at QL 1 to +30 at QL 175

Galahad Ginger
    The agents Soft Pepper Pistol, very useful for buffing at low levels and you'll definetely like it once you can Mimic Doctor
    QL 145 - 199: +20 BM, +20 MC

Other usefull buff items:

Robot Brains
    A must have for low levels, gives you last points of Sense you often need. Ranges from +3 at QL 1 to +15 at QL200. It's a tradeskill item, instructions are found here.

Concrete Cushion
    Useful for the midlevel agent to get the last points for his leg implant Can be easily dual-wielded without spending any IP into it at some point.

Implant Dissambly Clinic
    Rather low requirements which can be easily achieved through FPing Trader, buffing the complit-buff short before FP runs out, FPing Fixer and get the thing on. It's a tradeskill item, instructions are found here.

I'm quite sure I missed some, but I am in the office now and can't take a look in my buffing bag
    Last edited by Satsh; Sep 30th, 2004 at 20:12:30.
    Defect

Tir Quest Rings(adds to base abilities)

Any Nova Dillon Armor you can get your hands on(team and dyna camp boss loot)

Set of agi/sen implants for buffing into armor, dont keep agi/sen implanted, instead implant evades and max health(you could implant a faded sense in the ear and not lose much, but I dont bother)

its late more to come when i think of it...

Y .. there was no need to keep this rooted.

All the good stuff is now listed here:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...hreadid=145591
    Evan "Litestep" Vein ........ Rimor Agent
    "Maeltor" ........ Tradeskills Engie

Liteshop ........ Test server Trader/Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by Katara
    What is Sensitive Information used for?
    It's a mission item you put in a little thingy to complete the mission.
    "Although extraordinary valor was displayed by the entire corps of Spartans and Thespians, yet bravest of all was declared the Spartan Dienekes. It is said that on the eve of battle, he was told by a native of Trachis that the Persian archers were so numerous that, when they fired their volleys, the mass of arrows blocked out the sun. Dienekes, however, quite undaunted by this prospect, remarked with a laugh, 'Good. Then we'll have our battle in the shade.' "
    —Herodotus, The Histories

nerfed.
    Mattie, 209 GrandMaster OT Finalizer
    Agent Professional
    send me an email
    or visit us on irc.funcom.com

"For everything that works, there was a time when it didn't."