Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti AS nerf/nag/whine thread

Anti AS nerf/nag/whine thread

I am getting soo tired of reading through page up and page down about ppl wanting to change AS, and I still cant see any valid reasons for doing so, so I would much appreciate if ppl stop coming to the agents forums and post their unreasonable cries.

Thank you..
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Sounds ok for me I really want some kind of formula though how AS damage is calculated and which factors minimized the damage.
    So long,

Tom Nightwish Callagher; Rk3's first lvl200 pvp/tradeskillzzz Trader eqp - Status Bored *g*
    Shorty Instantkill McPot; lvl 200 Agent Rk3 eqp - One Man Army
    Blossom Powapufgirl Buttercup; lvl 191 Enforcer - Flavour of teh last 4 months. Clones DO suck, but...

Tom Nightwish Demesa; Trader on Rk2

Sounds ok for me I really want some kind of formula though how AS damage is calculated and which factors minimized the damage.

This will never happen, ever. That woud pretty much be hte first on a slippery slope of Funcom divulging all there coding, which is teh eccense of intellecutal product copyrighting. Now add on top every other profession bitching on how there ****als are calculated. how Nano resist is calculated. I don;t want to know, personally. I don't want my AO game reduced to a Math CAD model of how to be the most uber, without actaully doing it beforehand. that woudl be soo uber-gay.

Is this...

Is this another post nerf post disguised as a helper?

/me thinks

This will never happen, ever. That woud pretty much be hte first on a slippery slope of Funcom divulging all there coding, which is teh eccense of intellecutal product copyrighting. Now add on top every other profession bitching on how there ****als are calculated. how Nano resist is calculated. I don;t want to know, personally. I don't want my AO game reduced to a Math CAD model of how to be the most uber, without actaully doing it beforehand. that woudl be soo uber-gay.
    Well there are formulas for recycle, dimach damage, brawl crit dmg and so on... etc..

I just hate being ASed for 40% by some green gimp with way less skill, AR and defense mod than me while I keep getting those 1600 shots on ppl with no rrfe. suxx... I mean why the hell do you try to get the most out of your char when it works better with lower skills?!?
    So long,

Tom Nightwish Callagher; Rk3's first lvl200 pvp/tradeskillzzz Trader eqp - Status Bored *g*
    Shorty Instantkill McPot; lvl 200 Agent Rk3 eqp - One Man Army
    Blossom Powapufgirl Buttercup; lvl 191 Enforcer - Flavour of teh last 4 months. Clones DO suck, but...

Tom Nightwish Demesa; Trader on Rk2

Its funny how much discussion there has been over the course of the game regarding AS.

I think we have had it change about 5 times now and have had tons of suggestions for changes.

About the only gripe I still have with the attack is I wish you could just fire it off during a fight. I mean we are supposed to be these expert snipers we should be able to at least get off a aimed shot even if it is a lower damage ratio while a fight is going on.

I dont know why they are so stubborn about keeping it so we cant. We generally only have aimed shot as our special attack it would be nice to get a bit more mileage out of it.

oppps. Sorry I rambled on too much there. Regardless...I think people do go a bit overboard on it sometimes.
    Gregg "Tekkor" Alsaqri
    Webmaster of: Agent Sector (Rip 2006)

Ok don't nerf AS, nerf HERMY!!! There I said what the server was thinking, the rest of you agents can be safe and sound now :P
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

I suspect one of the Agent perks in SL will be like firing an AS during combat - at least I hope so. No details have been posted about the perks yet. :-(

Originally posted by Nightwish
    I guess its the skill of the gun(the higher the more damage) + the AS skill(same there.. with the skill of the gun the higher AS), this just because a supernova premium almost always do 10k AS. Even a ql100 does 10k alot. Even tho it got a long recharge.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Yes, the AS nerf-talking has been way overdone. If you want to start an AS thread without making valid arguments WHY AS should be nerfed, you deserve the flames you are gonna get.

I am not going to do any arguments for or against the nerf, just going to update you a bit after I had a run-in with Cz.

I posted some of this in some other AS thread, but as I like to gather stuff in one thread instead of a hundred, I am posting all the info I have ATM here.

Basically, Cz denied some of the rumours that float around:

FunCom has never said that the AS change is coming in Shadowlands. They have never even said it is coming this year. That does not mean it is not coming this year, but they will sure let us know first

FunCom has never said that we will not be able to fire more aimed shots during a fight. They have only said that firing an aimed shot will be requiring concealment. Not sneak mode. Concealment.

They have also never said that concealment will not be fixed before AS is changed. Anyone claiming they have, have either misread or misunderstood an FC statement.

As you probably understand, FunCom aren't giving out much info about the AS change yet, because they don't have much info on it. Gaute basically just said that they want AS to be requiring concealment in PvP, and nothing more, it is probably still just in planning.

This also means that any AS change is still quite a bit of time away. And there is no reason to keep discussing back and forth about a change we do not yet know how will be implemented. As soon as I get more info on what/when/why they are implementing , I will let you guys know.

I mean, for all we know, the change will be a concealment vs. perception check without involving sneak mode, just to keep those soldiers and fixers from killing people so easily

So grab a beer and chill ^^
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Unknown: "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"
    Scope755: "To all Devs: ISNT SOO COOL TO BE NOT WELCOME IN INFERNO SK TEAMS."

And to illustrate what I had to go through to get you this information, here is a quote from Mattie after the discussion had ended

haha morph, you just got owned.
    << Remains of Morphex >>
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Unknown: "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"
    Scope755: "To all Devs: ISNT SOO COOL TO BE NOT WELCOME IN INFERNO SK TEAMS."

The people whining about nerfing agent's AS think they should be able to kill people without effort/experience/equipment. Seems doctors and caterwauls are a much more inspiring source of concern about the future of AS.

I can understand why AS should have Concealment be a part of it. However, I'd have to agree that there should be a 'hip shot' for snipers as well during normal combat.

As for concealment required for AS, what will this do to traders? Arguably the trader weapon of choice is shotgun (as it should be IMO). What would something like this do to them? Aimed shot on all their shotguns will be a massive detriment to them.

Then again, I may just be rambling. I'm tired and I'm bored in game looking for a group for my main (who is a fixer).

All your bases belong to Maw of the Abyss.

EQB of Shotguns, new cookie cutter gun everyone will use. Not sure yet if every agent will equip this too, since they have limited the gun to 1100 effective attack rating.

Shotgun, Fling Shot weapon.
    Kind Regards,
    Steen Player of
    Miravlix, Cybrexx, Calautica, Llwain
    Founder of Gathering of Souls. RolePlayer, PvP'er, Quester, Socializer, Idler, Helper.

Originally posted by Morphex
    And to illustrate what I had to go through to get you this information, here is a quote from Mattie after the discussion had ended

bwahaha
    Mattie, 209 GrandMaster OT Finalizer
    Agent Professional
    send me an email
    or visit us on irc.funcom.com

"For everything that works, there was a time when it didn't."

Talking just a suggestion

i wont discuss about AS nerf ( is it needed or not, etc...)
    just a suggestion
    plz read carefully ( even if very simple ) before flame / reply plz
    ( i like agent too )

would it be cool / nice, to make agent a non special damage dealer, giving him very powerfull weapon ( ie modern equivalent of big snipe gun, huge caliber, uber range, etc ) with great crit ?

with damage equivalent to EQB ( or around ), crit mod equal to max damage, no special, and att / rech like 2,5/2,5 ?
    would make every regular shot from agent deadly, more efficient than with AS actually ( may be except for pvp...).

that s the way i see agent ( u can disagree, just dont flame ^^ )
    big rifles, with great range, each single round doing crazy damages, with decent clip ( from 10 to 25+)
    crit must be deadly too....

subsidiary question =
    would u accept to lose AS if something like that would become the standard agent rifle ?

gauss rifle
    QL 200
    att 2,5
    rech 2,5
    damage 100 - 900 ( 1100 )
    range 50 meters
    skill rifle 1000
    agent only !
    dodge range skill
    AC imp/proj
    ammo 15
    add +60 to rifle skill

Well alot of things would be acceptable provided that damage and crits in PvP had not been handled with a blunt instrument by FC. The big problem is that the damage and crit nerfs were poorly thought out, hurting agents (catastrophic damage dealers) more than any other class atm in PvP. We do well because of mimic, not because of our other Agent skills. So when the AS topic comes up we are defensive to say the least.

Also, in light of the various PvP nerfs and the uselessness of normal damage, having access to a fast recycling AS is the only way for several professions to compete in PvP at all. It is impossible for some professions to develop decent weapon skills without AS the way it is now. Should these professions be blocked off from the only real content for high level characters? I enjoy seeing and fighting against all the professions in the game at tower battles. IMO it makes the game more fun for all. If the Cat becomes agent only, lots of crats, engies and MPs will be left in the cold when it comes to tower PvP.

I agree, San. Having more diversity on the battlefield is a great thing. And that is exactly why I want some sort of resolution to AS (or Caterwaul). Because roughly 80% of pvpers I see at tower fights now are Caterwaul users, and it's boring. Aside from NT's AoE nukes, majority of the damage come from AS/Caterwaul. How do you enjoy that? I certainly don't.

If you want to make crat, mp, engi, and whatever other profession more viable in pvp, then give them more toys. I don't mind giving crats better roots, better nukes, better speeches; I don't mind giving MPs better pets, better debuffs, maybe even a nuke; I don't mind giving Engis more special shields, auras. But I do mind all of them using Caterwauls.

Frankly, I don't have a good solution, either. But with majority of the people using Caterwaul to be effective in PvP, it definitely needs some type of attention.

Re: Anti AS nerf/nag/whine thread

Originally posted by Hermy
    I am getting soo tired of reading through page up and page down about ppl wanting to change AS, and I still cant see any valid reasons for doing so, so I would much appreciate if ppl stop coming to the agents forums and post their unreasonable cries.

Thank you..
    Well in my opinion it's not really "Agent" related, but AS is somehow overpowered in (high-level) PvP how it is working right now (well or Caterwaul moreover).

If you get send to the Reclaim Booth in below than 40secs by any profession who uses this gun and you only can move the opponents HP-bar by just two bubbles then i might suck by great extend (which might also be ) or the weapon/special/... is overpowered.

It's not a whining in my opinion only a "realistic" view of the fact, that (nearly?) every profession can zap my approx. 8k HP in below than 40secs without any ability to avoid it (Erm except to avoid PvP at all ).
    Apocalypse 'Redux' Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast