Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: we need your help...

Cool we need your help...

Hello everyone. Some of you may not know me but I run a site for agents which can be found at:

http://www.agentsector.com

I am currently in the process of reviving it some and getting things back in order. I had taken a break from the game but I am now back and going strong.

I will be going through the site the next few days and updating some of the information found there. Expanding on some sections like the nf's and such.

Now that I am getting the site going again I could really use some help from all of you great agents out there. I would very much like to get our articles section up to date a bit more. If any of you could submit articles to me for the site you will get full credit and the thanks of the agent community.

Even if you feel you don't have great writing skills send it in. I will touch it up some if you ask me to. The article can be about anything. Write an article about some agent gadget. About some strategies for ip use. A review on some weapons you like.
    Whatever!

Just send me some stuff to work with. Or if nothing else if you have a good idea for an article then let me know and I can research it and try to pull one together. I'm planning to do an updated Gadgets page/section (using some info from the sticky here) so I have that covered some...but please feel free to submit even info on them as it may help me out.

Before a couple of you guys ask.... why put info there when it can be found doing searches on message boards like here? Well mainly so we have a bit easier place to store this information and for new player to find it.

Its much easier to find information in my articles section then to search throug hendless threads..... if the articles are up to date that is.

Anyway.....thats it..... please if any of you have a bit of time to donate to the agent community help me out with some articles. In particular you higher level agents with experience. Help me to get some great information out there for our community.

Through my site and message boards I have seen and talked to some of the people who I feel help us to have one of the best class communities in AO. Look forward to hearing from any of you.

Feel free to drop into my forum as well and say Hi.
    Gregg "Tekkor" Alsaqri
    Webmaster of: Agent Sector (Rip 2006)

/me casts Leisurely Interrogation in this threads NCU
    Mattie, 209 GrandMaster OT Finalizer
    Agent Professional
    send me an email
    or visit us on irc.funcom.com

"For everything that works, there was a time when it didn't."

I love this idea and I've used your site a few times now during the course of starting up my agent. I don't have a whole lot of time to write anything at the moment, but here's a couple of suggestions:

1. Compile a comprehensive guide on where Shadowfade and Gloomfall Armor drops, exactly which mobs have which pieces, and how frequently they actually get found (took me a week to find Shadowfade Helm and Gloves even though I knew where to look ). While the information is hiding amongst the threads on your board, it is the only place I've seen the info and it's a real pain to dig through and find it with all the non-informative and redundant replies that typically pop up when everyone is trying to help at the same time .

2. Maybe it's just me, but is there nothing at all worth putting on an Agent's back? I've been trying my damnedest to get GoT Tank for my agent simply because I doubt he'll ever wear anything else there and the reqs are so low with no penalties. I suggest an in-depth search of all the databases and veteran agents' knowledes to find the definitive "A" list of agent back items .

3. Not just for agents, but certainly for everyone. It is about time that everyone begin making noise about the risk vs. reward issue on some mobs. They are not lvl classed properly for their abilities and the exp and loot is all trash. Example: Mechdogs. My agent simply cannot solo a single occurance of these mobs anymore. My suggestion here is that the entire AO community post rooted threads and petitions in all places possible, which includes Agent Sector, the difinitive unified voice of the profession. Let's make enough noise to finally get this fixed!
    Last edited by STDaemon; May 29th, 2003 at 12:55:35.
    Click HERE for nothing.

Thanks for the input....seems its sorta slow so far.

I will look into #1 tonight when I get home.

On #2 there are a couple back items good for agents that I have in fact and thats a great idea for an article. I will try to whip one up tonight and take pictures of the items I have.

In particular there is the one of those web cloaks that are very good for us and sense/agi based (name escapes me this early in the morning). There is also a couple coats. One coat I just got from someone last night is that one sparkling one....its QL 200 and takes like 550 I think in sense and agility and gives like 999 on all ac's I think it was. Looks like the black omni commander cloak.

There are a few other items that are geared towards agents that I will try to get int oa makeshift article later tonight.

Im not sure I totally understand your third item.
    Gregg "Tekkor" Alsaqri

Great to see you Back!

Just started my first Agent 5 days ago. Found your site and got tons of Great info from it. Currently lvl23 and holding trying to raise my Creds doing Blitze and Sneak missions for Armor and Weapons. I lucked out and found a QL 39 Gripo in a Borealis. Thse things are really far and few between. I'm looking for a QL50 Gripo now.

Your Beginner Articles and Tips helped me get started off on the right foot and am looking forward to your 3rd Guide for above lvl 20.

One suggestion would be to have more info from the Pros (high lvls) specifically geared towards sub lvl 50. There's already a lot of info for mid to high lvl Agents on the site, but below lvl 50 is lean.

Keep up the great work!

Skulli

My suggestion #3 was a reference to my ever increasing alarm that it's becoming next to impossible to solo a mission at my Agent's lvl due to poorly classed and categorized mobs. I felt it was appropriate here because it poses a tremendous burden on any player when teaming is less than desireable at a certain moment. Have you ever had a light green Mob resist all your nanos, dodge almost all your attacks, and double hit you with stuns 3 times faster than you can squeeze off one round? That's what I was getting at. My core skills are all maxed, all the time, and this shouldn't happen. I suppose I'm calling for a community wide speak out event against this .

Anyhow, I will diligently keep my eyes peeled for the armors I mentioned above and report them immediately in their respective threads here. Annother note of intrest we can have added to the list would be anything at all possible we can dig up on this elusive Sharpshooter's Chip
    Click HERE for nothing.

Not agent-specific but definitely agent-helpful... you might want to copy this over to your site: Jynne's Guide to Auto Combat - it's a description of what happens when you target something and press Q. Explains inits and what attack rating does and how armor reduces damage and such.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Jynne
    Not agent-specific but definitely agent-helpful... you might want to copy this over to your site: Jynne's Guide to Auto Combat - it's a description of what happens when you target something and press Q. Explains inits and what attack rating does and how armor reduces damage and such.
    Thanks Jynne. Excellent stuff there. I will with your permission copy it over and format to my site and give you credit of course.

Should be on the site a bit later today.

EDIT: It is now up on the site...

The Jynne Guide to Auto-Attack
    Last edited by Tekkor; May 29th, 2003 at 22:49:29.
    Gregg "Tekkor" Alsaqri

To know when to quit.

I logged on the other day, after five minutes I got a headache which isn't unususal (with how I sleep) and after ten minutes, I was so bored that I was close to start playing solitary. And I dread the next time I log on, because I am surely going to get 2nd degree burn blisters all over my face.

If you feel that you are outburned by the game, don't do like me (I, my dumbass, continued to play) because you will only end up *extremely* cynical and you will only frown, instead of laughing evil, at stuff such as this.

Feck.. why I am even writing this when I couldn't care less what happens to you genetic failures?! Ewugh! I must still have something good in me!

/me makes a Agent AO deflection shield projector for destructiva

Hey Tekkor, you think you might update the screenshot section soon? Would be cool to maybe get an all agent pic, of all levels...

Just wanted to suggest some armor to wear for agents of all levels. This is based on the agents most critical abilities, Agility and Sense. Breed is optional:

Steel-Ribbed:
    0-20 regular obtainable item. Can be found in missions aswell as in shops (armor booth).

Shadowfade:
    25-70 SPECIAL armor. Obtained in the Temple of Three Winds - (Greater Tir County)

Nadir Steel-Ribbed:
    51-75 Mission item

Obtru Steel-Ribbed:
    75-99 Mission item

Cyborg Death Squad armor:
    100 and up - Looted off Cyborgs in Mort, Avalon and Perpetual Wastelands. Remember to have some spare time as the droprate is everything from fair to very rare

Red Martial Arts Suit:
    Back item, boss loot only

Kevlar Wool Balaclava Helmet:
    (The infamous sock/skimask/whatever the flavour of the month is - A leveling head armor. it's upgradeable at a cost. Gives +2 crit at QL100. Obtainable in the Fixer only shop in Borealis. Must be hacked to be able to wear. (This doesn't require much B&E skills but makes it NODROP. So be sure to get the canister 1st, then hack it yourself)

I think this should cover the most basics when it comes to what type of armor an agent should focus on. But.. by no means is this in any way set in stones. If you like the OP look, go for it. Strength and Stamina based though, so maybe not the best option for Opifex.
    I used Kirch Kevlar from level 60 and up til level 100 or so myself. It has some nice modifiers, and not all to shabby when it comes to AC. But the main reason was because it matched my balaclava. Gotta look good if you're going agent you know. There's nothing beating a well dressed agent with some attitude and a little style

Hope this is usefull.
    Last edited by Prochyon; Jun 21st, 2003 at 14:03:25.

Originally posted by Prochyon
    Just wanted to suggest some armor to wear for agents of all levels. This is based on the agents most critical abilities, Agility and Sense. Breed is optional:

Steel-Ribbed:
    0-20 regular obtainable item. Can be found in missions aswell as in shops (armor booth).

Shadowfade:
    20-50 Leveling armor. Obtained in the Temple of Three Winds - (Greater Tir County)

Nadir Steel-Ribbed:
    51-75 Mission item

Obtru Steel-Ribbed:
    75-99 Mission item

Cyborg Death Squad armor:
    100 and up - Looted off Cyborgs in Mort, Avalon and Perpetual Wastelands. Remember to have some spare time as the droprate is everything from fair to very rare

Red Martial Arts Suit:
    Back item, boss loot only

Good information as a loose guide for armor. I may take your lead and flesh it out a bit more with pictures etc for an article to help new agents out.

Thanks.

Tekkor
    Gregg "Tekkor" Alsaqri

what about a imp section with different setups and its advantages/disadvantages

I know this wasnt the original intention of this thread - just thought i'd add my 2 pennies on the armor/back items for lower lvls issue: the avengeline terrigina web cloak (takes sense/agil) has worked well for me - just to add to the list of useful armor to look out for.

I hate my stupid ski mask, but I wear it anyways.

D

Shadowfade

Just a small correction. Shadowfade is not a leveling armor. It's SPECIAL QL. The level range Prochyon listed is about right, but the Concealment bonus on the armor continues to be useful. It's a total of +70 for the full set. The helmet, for some reason, is quite a rare drop. It's probably not worth camping for since most people will use the Balaclava anyway.

Thanks for the correction, Boreas. The Shadowfade armor was introduced when I hit lvl130 with my agent, so I didn't really look into the armor and it's modis. I would edit my post, but somehow I think Tekkor is going to do a much better job at it on his site

And Tekkor. Feel free to use whatever you think is useable on your site. Posting pics of the various items is certainly helpfull
    You might wanna grab the content of the "Which nano can be used in FP and which can't". It would certainly help the up and coming agents to conserve their hard earned creds.

Good luck, Tekkor!

Tekkor you might want to update the "userful nanos for FP" article. There are nanos in there that are no longer usable in FP (MP demons and MA self crit buffs to name a few).
    Joseph "Votary" Zodiac - RK1 Clan Atrox MP
    I can summon pies (now mochams infused!)

"Holy Mocham!" - Votary

Armor

Well in this patch with INNER SANCTUM there drops the successor to the TOTW armor. Alas for me is it too late already because I have a 200 clan agent which wears alot of sentinel already, which has better HP add and better NCU. But for 125+ it is nice armor to get there.

i myself am getting back to AO with a brand new Agent after a long absance. im not sure if i can really contribute anything to the website as i don't have that much experience with AO. i probably will try to hang around the forums more to add my spam...*ahem* $0.02...i think that's the only thing i can do really well.
    Kesha :: Bureaucrat :: Status: Active
    Krell :: Soldier :: Status: Active
    Krella ::Trader :: Status: Active
    Rama :: Adventurer :: Status: Stasis
    Haleigh :: Fixer :: Status: Stasis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast