Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ingame newspaper

Ingame newspaper

Hello all

Im thinking about the possibility of starting an ingame newspaper, that characters could buy. It wouldnt have to be long, and could really just be weekly, but it would be really cool and wouldnt be that hard to implent.

It could be deleted after 1 week ( maybe on the sundays, when the new ones come out )

Brainstorm people!

give me some thoughts about this, cause it wouldnt be that hard to do and could really ease up some tension between the FC haters and FC lovers (or atleast I think so )

same one for all ? omni, clan and neutral? or 3 different ones?

This would be great, but what i'd really like to see is paper (or some futuristic notepad thingy) that you could write stuff on and trade/transfer somehow.
    BiggerDave - 93 Omni Soldier
    Fethers - 43 Omni Agent
    Phetherz - 18 Omni Doctor

Unit member of Omni-Tek Blackwolf Operations

Yeah an ingame newspaper would rock. It could contain all the story and stuff, all told from 3 different perspectives. And you should be able to buy all 3 newpapers in a neutral city just to see the whole out look on things. It is a REALLY great idea and would get players back into the story of the game. Just make sure to make it cheap becuase I'm stingy.
    DKillah
    Gravewalkers
    http://aotgw.homestead.com/main.html

The hella bueno 44 Agent and w00tzer his crappy QL 37 Healpet

Stop assuming that you think you know me, you presumptuous f**k.

yup, all customizable thingies would vastly improve the gameplay, thats what I think.
    Like you should be able to name your guns and armor and crap.

WE need this...meow..will help more people that really dont check the pages and stuff for news aswell

Awesome

Great idea Darksnake. It would be cool to see reporters trying to get the latest scoop in game and then publishing it for the public to see. It would also give the players somting to talk about thus helping the roleplay aspect of the game where everyday life is concerned.

Meowy, meowelishious, meowiness, mrau, mrauiness, mrauy....meeeeow ....mraaaaaauuuuuuuu

bumpity bump, this is a fantastic idea, and it's surprising that FC has NOT implemented something like this.

When I initially start AO, I expected this is the way they would get the story out to the people, as opposed to a web page.

Definitely implement this, FC! ALL players of the game would benefit from this immensely!
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

come on!this idea is great!

/idle away
    bumpelibump

this has been suggested many many times, with each wave of new players when they realise that the story is more out of game than in game.

it is a great suggestion every time

let us put the story in game please, newspapers would be great.

a little computer terminal that you buy every day, shift+right click it and you get txt to read and maybe a small pic or two.
    the text could be taken directly from the news report pages online. or give a short synopsis of the story

bring the game in game please

oh.. and ... bump

Something to read/write on would be Sweeet!

when i played UO, i made a 'Book of Drawings' in one of the little books in the game... i made hundreds of thousands of gold off of it and it made my character kinda famous for making it....everywhere i went people knew me from the book... id love to see a hand held computer note pad in AO... one that you can write anything in.... poems, stories, guild info.... or for me Drawings... it would be great... it should be copiable also for easy distribution...
    JapellaZ
    Bureaucrat

'If you think you finally found the perfect light... i hope it's true' -Belly

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast