Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Soldiers and the Perk specials.

Exclamation Soldiers and the Perk specials.

Now Updated!!

Ok, as per Sjokos request i will do my best. Reposting my first post, with most of the important questions answered. I will also update my first post so those that want to donīt have to look at the bottom of the thread. Hat off to all you who made it possible. You know who you are.

Ok, case is as follows. All tries is with a lvl 200 Soldier.

Infantry line level 2: Armor Piercing shot.
    Does not work with assault Rifles. I tried.
    **This only works with Rifles, and Rifles only. Donīt go there unless you are a Rifle using Soldier.**

Heavy weapons level 2: Laser paint target.
    Does not work on high end mobs. They evade it. (If by high end you mean lvl 100+ that is.)
    **This used to be based on Heavy Weapons skill, but has now been changed so that it is based on Assault Rifle, much to the rejoycing of the Soldier community!! It should now land about as frequently as any other normal attack you make.**

Heavy weapons level 3: Weapons bash.
    Recharges in about 1:10 and causes the whooping damage of 50HP against any mob 177+. Donīt know about lower ones though, or if increasing any mele skills will up the damage. Righ now this one is right up there with Wen Wen master of the universe.
    **Same goes for this one, (From HW to AR, Yay!) though i have no reports on damage scaling, if any. It is supposed to taunt and have a small chance to stun the target too.**

Heavy weapons level 5: Triangulate
    **As with the other Heavy Ranged perks, this now relies on AR instead of HW, wich should make it an almost invaluable tool in mainly PvP, but also PvM situations where you have to hit a high end mob that tends to evade your attacks.**

Special forces level 3: Tracer
    Does extra damage (100ish points) and supposedly lowers evades by 200. Looks to be working as intended. And never fails to execute up to lvl 200 mobs.

Note: Get that Triangulate and Tracer running on the same mob at the same time and his Dodge drops by 600. Not bad at all.

Special forces level 6: Contained burst
    Every 2 minutes you get a free burst againt your target. Also lowers Projectile AC by a fair ammount.
    **This was sloppily described of me. Every 2 minutes you get a free DD special that does "927-1721. ( increases to 1551-2881 if the target has tracer on it) ".**

Colossal health level: Any
    This one is a god send perk. Way better than our Soldier specific perks. The Life blood special alone is worth the perk points to get. Heals 240 every 2 seconds for 14 Ticks. This can probably save our butts several times while TMSing. Locks for 5 minutes so it is a fairly reliable too, if a bit slow.

**Field Bandage (Wich i forgot to mention is a Special Forces perk special) Heals you for FA skill*0.6 every 40 seconds. This will prove a good complement for the First Aid kits. Count in the other heal specials from the Colossal health line will actualy let us survive through a full TMS X with several people fighting us. I say it again, this perk is a god sent one.**

bunnynchen
    "hey man, infantry ?
    dont go there if ur not a rifle baced sold

after u spend all ur 38/40 perk points in colossal hp, special forces, heavy ranged and power up u have 2more for uppin ur
    abilities to equipp or treatment etc.
    Thats pretty tight budget to play around with different fixer and agentperks, dontuagree?"

Well, i blame this on thinking to much "real life". An Assault rifle is after all only a rifle taht is capable of automatic and/or burst fire. So i though, "Hey, rifle like rifle. Should work." But as has been evident, it did not. Oh well, was only 2 points spent, and 1 is already re-trained.

Junkieface
    "Why increase meele?
    Are you not supposed to use a ranged weapon?

I do, but it still does not work for me.. none of the perk specials have worked for me so far... "

Well, same thing here as above. Basicly, a weapon bash is just swingin the whole, or just the butt, of your rifle like a club. So it would have made sense if it was a melee skill that had to be increased. But again, i was wrong and it was the Heavy Weapons skill. Looks like iīm making a habit of that one. Making mistakes that is.

Ok, thatīs it for this time. Now, up with more questions and answers.
    Last edited by Xhairs; Jun 11th, 2004 at 12:20:59.
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

Does not work on high end mobs. They evade it. (If by high end you mean lvl 100+ that is.)

Recharges in about 1:10 and causes the whooping damage of 50HP against any mob 177+. Donīt know about lower ones though, or if increasing any mele skills will up the damage. Righ now this one is right up there with Wen Wen master of the universe.
    laser pain target usea Heavy Weapons as the attack skill. If you havn't raise it thats probably why its missing. Weapons bash uses heavy weapons as well but it only uses 5% of the targets dodge skill as a defence so it will hit lots. The damage always that low but has a chance to stun.

Every 2 minutes you get a free burst againt your target. Also lowers Projectile AC by a fair ammount.
    Its not a free burst.. its a direct damage of a set amount 927-1721. ( increases to 1551-2881 if the target has tracer on it)

the specials forces perk specials require to have a ranged weapon on.

The SMG perk specials use SMG as a attack skill and requires a SMG. the rifle specials require a rifle and uses rifle as an attack skill... etc, etc, etc.
    Mick "Nugget" McMullet - Level 220 - AL 16

Webmaster of AO Soldiers

"There are other things in my life I need to take care of (I can mention food, sleep, latex... uhm, no, wait!)" - Cz woot!

Thanks for cleaing up those points. (Especialy the contained burst, i was sloppy in describing that one. /bow.

But....

I do have the rifle skill. Not much, but i got a few pointa above trickle down effect. And if i tried to use it and failed, it should state that i tried to use AP shot (for example) but the target avoided. It does with all the other specials. When i tried to use it, it does nto say anything. No messages, no "shaded" action icon, nothing. If iīm missing anything on that one, please enlighten me because i would like to have that special very much.

And how large a chance for stun on Weapon bash?

Edit: Never mind that Rifle thing. Iīm tired and missed about half your message about it. /me smacks head against monitor.
    Stupid. Tired. Stupid _and_ tired.
    Last edited by Xhairs; Sep 11th, 2003 at 03:44:54.
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...

hey man, infantry ?

after u spend all ur 38/40 perk points in colossal hp, special forces, heavy ranged and power up u have 2more for uppin ur
    Thats pretty tight budget to play around with different fixer and agentperks, dontuagree ?
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Re: Soldiers and the Perk specials.

Originally posted by Xhairs

"Special requires the character to wield a ranged weapon. "

Why increase meele?

I do, but it still does not work for me.. none of the perk specials have worked for me so far...

I think some of our specials are sort of bugged right now.

If you look at for instance Weapon Bash in the DB you will see that there are a total of 6 items in there, 3 pairs of QL1-QL500, very much like the MA fist item, brawl item etc. So this one is supposed to scale as you gain skill in some area. And in higher levels it starts to do decent damage.

The same applies to the Field Bandage special in the Special Forces perk line. I was only able to make this one heal 15 points, however when I talked to the Dev in charge of this (Hadrulf) he told me that if I increased my first aid skill then the perk special would start healing a bit more. From looking at the item in the DB it looks like this particular special should heal about 1.2 hp per point of FA skill every 40 seconds, and that isn't really too bad. I was never able to test this properly back then, but maybe someone can test it and confirm if it scales or not?

But as I said initially, there do seem to be some problems with the scaling of soldier perk specials right now. The DB clearly shows they had intentions of making many of our specials a lot better at higher levels than what they are right now.

Can anybody tell me how it decides what type of weapon your using? For example could I use SMG specials with a heavy suppressor (66/33 AR/SMG) or would it require switching a manex/whateverSMG every five minutes, casting reinforce slugs, letting off a perk-burst-DD-special-thing (then switching back)?

I would test it but dont have my SL box yet (and still upping AR skill after cold laser fun).
    Last edited by Redhill; Sep 12th, 2003 at 13:05:45.
    Corporal Jessant of Omni-Pol

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    ..... if I increased my first aid skill then the perk special would start healing a bit more. From looking at the item in the DB it looks like this particular special should heal about 1.2 hp per point of FA skill every 40 seconds, and that isn't really too bad.

Example:

Field Bandage = 600skillx1.2hp=720hp each 40sec, adding Lifeblood (200-240hp, I read this as a double tick?) +200-240hp x 14 = 3000-3600hp, adding hp from OMHH 200-300hp (I use 2sec cast/recharge for ease) x14 = 2800-4200hp

Duration of Lifeblood = 32s = self healed = 6520-8520hp (test gave 7100hp, with an FA of 666, thanks Elyhaym for test results while I'm slacking at work)

[edit] On top of all this, comes stims....

Hmm, looks like I gotta put IP in First Aid and HW now... wonder what to reset...
    Last edited by Bloodcub; Sep 12th, 2003 at 10:00:04.
    Omni-Tek soldier Bloodcub, Veteran of Tranquility

Original posted by cordura
    WTB an ignore button to avoid 5 post /page with same blahblah from people that dont care about a problem but that still give 1243028453 times the same opinion.

just wait till you get the draw blood perk attack from the colosal health line, its very very nice

http://www.aodb.info/showitem.asp?AOID=216613

DrainHit FightingTarget Hit Health for -325 - -3525 MeleeAC while recovering 120%

good stuff

Yeah

And some of our special lines seem to be utilized best when in teams, agents and such seems to benefit greatly on specials like triangulate and Laser paint.

My hotbars has to be changed greatly too

WTB an ignore button to avoid 5 post /page with same blahblah from people that dont care about a problem but that still give 1243028453 times the same opinion.

The Power Up perk also has a line of stun/DDs attached to it. The last in line strips 19 NCU protects and heals, stuns for 4 sec, does really solid (2845-5283) damage but requires another prof special to be running on the target.

edit: Just looked through the DB and found that it's actually the tail end of a 4-part special chain. No good solo, but all effects put together looks nasty. At any rate, all Power Up specials before that are self-useable and do at leats stun and DD.
    Last edited by Kivlera; Sep 12th, 2003 at 12:47:54.
    Making RK2 less safe for everyone...

Ours go to eleven!

Weapon Bash taunts too.

Some info from Databases. Seemed SMG mastery and Power up were quite similar too me. I have no idea wether or not they stack, but you could churn out insane damage with a fast SMG (or two) if they do.

---------------~

Energize with level 10 Power up.
    +200 all damage (+250 including passive bonus from Power Up)
    Duration 1 minute, Recast 2 minutes.

During which you will be able too use one special move (or each special move one time, depending on how the skill locks work)

Over twenty minutes of constant fighting you can use 10 specials from power up. And will be Energized for 10 minutes of the fight.

Special gives you a 14% chance too dispell targets defensive nano's. (@4ncu whatever that means... hopefully not only those costing below 4ncu (though that would include speechs and aura)).

Power combo requires Accelerate Decaying Quarks to be running on the target (you must be using energise also). Does -2845 -5283 damage and dispell and stun and shizzle.

Attack skill on specials is ranged energy (we have buffs!)

Must be using ranged weapon (DAMN!)

Also provides +200 ranged energy, passive +50 all damage

----------------------~

Reinforce slugs with level 10 SMG mastery.
    +270 all damage
    Duration 2 minutes, Recast 5 minutes.

During which you will be able too use two specials. (or each special move two times, depending on how the skill locks work)

Over twenty minutes of constant fighting you can use 8 specials from SMG mastery, and Jarring burst 21 times. (Or Jarring burst ~12 times if using Neutronium Slug locks jarring burst) and will be using reinforced slugs for 8 minutes of the fight.

Special gives superior damage (-3271 too -3271) compared directly too power up specials (excluding power combo which requires coordination with whoever has accelerated quark decay).

Jarring Burst is a guarenteed 2 second duration (!!!) stun that does not require you to be running reinforced slugs and does Wen-Wen like damage.

Attack skill on specials is SMG (we should have buffs!)

Must be using a Submachine gun to use. Unknown if AR/SMG split weapon(s) will work. Or if Duel wielding one SMG with something else (light suppressor/cold laser) will work.

also provides +200 SMG, +20 Burst
    Last edited by Redhill; Sep 12th, 2003 at 14:00:58.
    Corporal Jessant of Omni-Pol

....The same applies to the Field Bandage special in the Special Forces perk line. I was only able to make this one heal 15 points, however when I talked to the Dev in charge of this (Hadrulf) he told me that if I increased my first aid skill then the perk special would start healing a bit more. From looking at the item in the DB it looks like this particular special should heal about 1.2 hp per point of FA skill every 40 seconds
    With an FA of 536 I healed 329HP
    With an FA of 556 I healed 339HP
    With an FA of 600 I healed 364HP

So the modifier is not 1.2, but 0.61...

Originally posted by Bloodcub

With an FA of 536 I healed 329HP
    With an FA of 556 I healed 339HP
    With an FA of 600 I healed 364HP

So the modifier is not 1.2, but 0.61...
    Well something is odd there, because my FA is <600 and it heals me for 400. Perhaps not just based on FA?

its based on FA, it seems. i got SFA running on me, and my heal went up about 50.

Also, the Special Forces Perk line is niiiice. Some of the specials on it can be VERY handy. I would rattle off the stats I found on them... but im @ work atm.

Also, Lifeblood is a lifesaver. 240 HoT that ticks 14 times every 2s is great for soloing. Also, Blessing of Life (Colossal Health) is a good 500 point heal every minute or two. like an extra gimpy first aid. When I played with it on RK, I was able to solo mobs an extra 10-15 QL higher than before.

Yeah, my bad, was some sloppy math from my side, it's roughly 0.6*FA skill every 40 seconds. Caps out at 3000 skill doing a 1800 point heal, but I don't think that is ever gonna happen. Looks like the dev fixed this one after I brought it to his attention, thumbs up.

Anyone with some decent HW skill been able to test weapons bash to see if it scales properly too?

Hmm Xhairs, could you update your first post so it reflects what has been discussed in the thread ?

That way you'll be the perk special thread boss and we have the most updated and recent specials on the top. And it would be easier to see for new people seeing this thread to see what the specials are about.

I'd give you some candy through Inet, but since my dematerializator here isn't working I can't do that right now

I'm still hung up in the old abbreviation that FA is Full Auto and not First Aid... FiA and FuA is that ok ?
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

Yeah, my bad, was some sloppy math from my side, it's roughly 0.6*FA skill every 40 seconds. Caps out at 3000 skill doing a 1800 point heal, but I don't think that is ever gonna happen. Looks like the dev fixed this one after I brought it to his attention, thumbs up.

Anyone with some decent HW skill been able to test weapons bash to see if it scales properly too?
    I'll take HW up 100 then 100 more and check weapons bash, also check on triaangulate and Lpt, how/when they hit.

I think we do First Aid = FiA and leave FA = full auto for all time.... imo

Ok, as per Sjokos request i will do my best. Reposting my first post, with most of the important questions answered. I will also update my first post so those that want to donīt have to look at the bottom of the thread. Hat off to all you who made it possible. You know who you are.

Infantry line level 2: Armor Piercing shot.
    Does not work with assault Rifles. I tried.
    **This only works with Rifles, and Rifles only. Donīt go there unless you are a Rifle using Soldier.**

**Word has it that this is a Heavy Weapons based skill, and the more you get in HW skill, the higher mobs it will land on. Can someone actualy confirm this?**

**This is also said to have increased damage with HW skill.
    Also, it has a chance to stun your oponent, and Taunts. According to some, it is bugged and should also increase with level.**

Heavy weapons level 5: Triangulate
    Appears to be broken because i can not find it in my specials list.
    Hope it is just a temporary bug. That -400 Dodge will help a lot.

Special forces level 3: Tracer
    Does extra damage (100ish points) and supposedly lowers evades by 200. Looks to be working as intended. And never fails to execute up to lvl 200 mobs.

Note: Get that Triangulate and Tracer running on the same mob at the same time and his Dodge drops by 600. Not bad at all.

**This was sloppily described of me. Every 2 minutes you get a free DD special that does "927-1721. ( increases to 1551-2881 if the target has tracer on it) ".**

Colossal health level: Any
    This one is a god send perk. Way better than our Soldier specific perks. The Life blood special alone is worth the perk points to get. Heals 240 every 2 seconds for 14 Ticks. This can probably save our butts several times while TMSing. Locks for 5 minutes so it is a fairly reliable too, if a bit slow.

**Field Bandage Heals you for FA skill*0.6 every 40 seconds. This will prove a good complement for the First Aid kits. Count in the other heal specials from the Colossal health line will actualy let us survive through a full TMS X with several people fighting us. I say it again, this perk is a god sent one.**

bunnynchen
    "hey man, infantry ?

Thats pretty tight budget to play around with different fixer and agentperks, dontuagree?"

Well, i blame this on thinking to much "real life". An Assault rifle is after all only a rifle taht is capable of automatic and/or burst fire. So i though, "Hey, rifle like rifle. Should work." But as has been evident, it did not. Oh well, was only 2 points spent, and 1 is already re-trained.

Junkieface
    "Why increase meele?

I do, but it still does not work for me.. none of the perk specials have worked for me so far... "

Well, same thing here as above. Basicly, a weapon bash is just swingin the whole, or just the butt, of your rifle like a club. So it would have made sense if it was a melee skill that had to be increased. But again, i was wrong and it was the Heavy Weapons skill. Looks like iīm making a habit of that one. Making mistakes that is.

Ok, thatīs it for this time. Now, up with more questions and answers.
    Thou Shalt Kill."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast