Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Analysis of our profession specific perks

Analysis of our profession specific perks

Bureaucratic Shuffle – Our first profession specific perk line is focussed around granting us evades and additional hit points, two very welcomed buffs… if they would have raised the buffs high enough to make a difference. 10 perk points (req. lvl206) gets you +40, yes +40, to all your evades and a whopping 200 hit points. Given that there are lvl130 mobs in SL that can hit for 1000+, +40 evades and 200 hps is a joke. I know that asking for a x10 multiple on the buffs would be a bit much, but how about x5? +200 evades and 1000hps really isn’t(both of those numbers are achievable with a NW Tower) out of line with some of the other profession perk advantages.

1. Dodge the Blame – Watered down Nullity Sphere, grants +3800 Defense for 15-18 seconds (refresh 2 minutes). Can still be hit by all Nano effects, other than that it’s not too shabby. As long as you can still move this has use. Honestly, I would prefer it lasted 30 seconds and reuse every 5 minutes.
    2. Succumb- Mob targeted effect, -4500 to all ACs and –250 evade close combat for 18 seconds (refresh 4 minutes). Again, not too bad although it should also debuff evade ranged.
    3. Confound With Rules- Another close combat debuff, -400 CSC, and –800 run speed (refresh 10 minutes). I already have snare, thanks. I’m guessing these CSC debuffs are meant to help us smite things with pets, right? Because no ‘crat I know uses melee.

Commanding Presence – Agg/Def modifier, not sure of the exact numbers at the moment but hopefully it amounts to something worth while at 10 points (req. lvl205). I would hope it also stacks with Heroic Measures, we’ll just have to see. Really, I don’t mind that we buff others but how about a little something for the home team, please? How about we buff X to the group and X+35% to ourselves? I know we can’t deal damage in PvP, how about letting us at least be able to soak some.

1. No Specials – Uhh… why? I think anyone who devotes 10 points to one perk line should be granted at least one special.

Directorship – Pulsing xp buff, just what we needed… more reason to only have us around during leveling – excellent. Does any other profession have a perk line that everyone will un-train by lvl220 (I don’t foresee people keeping it for the sub-par Nano skill buffs)? I’m just curious. The specials are also completely focuses towards xp, which makes them 100% focused towards PvM… making them X wasted perk points in unique raids & PvP.

1. Leadership – 50% xp buff lasting 45 seconds and recycling every 10 minutes.
    2. Governance – 75% xp buff lasting 50 seconds and recycling every 10 minutes.
    3. The Director – 100% xp buff lasting 55 seconds and recycling every 10 minutes.

Insurance Agent – Only trainable to lvl5, and good thing because there isn’t really any point to this perk line other than +18 to a few Nano skills and 80 Psychology. Maxing out this perk line will give you less benefit than putting 3 points in Nano Doctorate (excluding Psychology).

1. Insurance Claim – Helps you regain lost xp (from that new lost xp bank) quicker, a 150% rate increase. Once again we’re presented with a perk special that has no use at level 220 or in PvP.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I am severely disappointed with this selection of profession specific perks. I’m unhappy that a significant percentage of our perk lines and specials are devoted to gaining or retrieving lost xp, while other professions are gaining abilities with game-wide applicability. Our xp-related perks make us a welcome addition to groups now, but when everyone hits 220 that’s it, our usefulness is at an end. At level 220 a full 50% of our profession specific perk lines become useless, a third has no specials.
    Last edited by Jovial; Sep 11th, 2003 at 20:39:42.

Bingo, I to was hoping that the vision was not going to be XP specific precisely because that is a dead end route. I do not understand how this concept is repeatedly missed by those in charge.

The powers that be dont have any Idea what they want us to be. The most recent story they came up with is that they think our dmg should come from Charmed mobs yet they take away the perk that delt with .... charming mobs. The new Charm nanos are an increadibly short duration. Yet this is our new super Shandow Lands strength. I must admit they got me that time. I actually belived that they had some type of plan for us. But alas, they change their minds yet again on what the they want us to do in this game and we are back to doing nothing.

I cancled for three months and came back for Shadow Lands becuase it sounded like they had a plan for us. So far I've been forced to camp grey mobs for hours every night Trying in vain to figure out the 500 trash gathering " quests " that will lead me to the content that I just shelled out 30 bucks for. Wow the reviews were right, it is a whole new game, but why would I want to play it? FIX MY CLASS PLS.

i think my crat needs an XP bonus least of all, it's not like I can't control aggro or anything. (i die less, for those of you not wanting to think about the whole aggro thing)...so xp really isn't that great. how about an AoE stun special? or maybe a way to sprout 2 pets? something neat.
    Nalika -202 crat
    Steelthighs - 175+ Soldier
    Love Slave of Synergy Factor

Good work Jovial. Nice write up on the perks. Stickying it if its alright with you.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

What happened?

What DID happen to the charm perk we had in the Beta? I only played in the Beta for a little while, but that seemed like it was going to be a nice perk... good bonuses for calms, and some nice boosts to charming, too...

Why did Funcom decide to take it away (this is a serious question... "Because Funcom sucks" or "Funcom hates Bureaucrats" really aren't helpful answers... ^_^;; ) Was any explanation ever given during the Beta regarding this change? The Insurance perk seems like it came out of left-field (and very much at the last minute!)... Am I wrong? Were there indications of problems earlier on?

-Blackpetal
    Senior Partner, Schuemann & Associates (on leave)

The name alone seems to indicate confusion on the part of whomever is handling our class. I associate "Insurance" much more with the trader class than ours. This leads to more questions of which I have no expectation of an official answer so I am not going to waste time asking them.

Thumbs down

As a very occasional crat player (was my first alt but for various reasons doesnt get played) I ended up playing him last night and looked forward to spending some perk points. What a disappointment.

Of all the characters that I have I'd say the perks for crat's are the least interesting, least useful and least fun. I honestly couldn't see anything that inspired me to put a point into it.

I'd say "hope you guys get a bit more handed to you" but given the professions history it seems like wasted breath

Originally posted by Dmv
    The powers that be dont have any Idea what they want us to be. The most recent story they came up with is that they think our dmg should come from Charmed mobs yet they take away the perk that delt with .... charming mobs. The new Charm nanos are an increadibly short duration. Yet this is our new super Shandow Lands strength. I must admit they got me that time. I actually belived that they had some type of plan for us. But alas, they change their minds yet again on what the they want us to do in this game and we are back to doing nothing.
    ARGH... w*f ! they removed the only usefull perk for us?!?! man, I have been sacrifiying my lunch time 2 buy SL 2day

I was actually going to try SL and see how the charm perk was... now, how can I do that when u remove it FC !!! u cant come and say it is 2powerfull bla bla... agents do 13k AS dmg al the time, give us a bone ffs!

Im seriously going to try another MMORPG game if this is to be continued with my main prof

@ GAUTE, u promised us gold and diamonds... what do we get... perks that we remove at lvl 220... u take away the only interesting perk line for us... no specials... NO SPECIALS... engi can plant bombs and enf can knee balls... let us atleast throw heavy phonebooks at mobs when they are stunned

nah, Im sitting here with SL box and what... the first thing I read here is... they took away our charm perk... ... ... ... %#"¤"#¤ !
    rerolling on rk-4

Cool

"Because no ‘crat I know uses melee"

I use the howling skulls(ToTW) ATM.
    I have seen a few other crat with club, or stick ,
    but not many.

Thanks for break down of crat perks.

Unhappy So sad

I couldn't agree more... it is just so sad...

I really really really really really which that Funcom will re-consider, cause I really the idea about playing my Crat as a powerfull charmer.

I just can't believe how bad are perks are compared to other professionals and even the general perks. Then I look at the nano skill requirements for our new nanos... its very discouraging.

It seems that there wasn't a lot of time put into designing and reviewing these perks. Otherwise, the major shortcomings would have been obvious.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

Originally posted by Szentasha
    I just can't believe how bad are perks are compared to other professionals and even the general perks. Then I look at the nano skill requirements for our new nanos... its very discouraging.

It seems that there wasn't a lot of time put into designing and reviewing these perks. Otherwise, the major shortcomings would have been obvious.
    true, and when they did have the time, they nerf our perk that was actually good

well well, Im gettn used 2 it and Im ready 2 move on when some other nice mmorpg games will start at 2004.

not paying money for a character that I have been working on for months and payed kinda lot of money in. if they cant fix it, I'll will leave. got sl for 200 sek = about 20 eur so not that exp. what I value the most if my time.

I like fast action, dont have to be shoot em up but sitting on my az for half of the time is not what I consider fun and therefor Im not playing EQ.

there are some nice games which will be released in 2004. /me keeps his eyes open
    they also says in the descr that it will be fast gaming, maybe ur character will be high lvl quite fast (6-12 months or so) but uring that time I will havn fun !
    rerolling on rk-4

Decided to read these a bit more and I find it just fascinating at the perks we have been delivered. I honestly would not call these perks but rather perk point consumers because none of them inspire anything more than a depressed sigh of resolution to the history of crat handling.

I've just put some perk points here and there and i just noticed something: pets are not affected by commanding presence which lead me to the fact that pulsing perk don't affect pets.

I allready suffer from the useless of motiv. speeches as neutral then the pulsing off/deff perk doesn't affect my pets....

Can anyone confirm that Commanding Presence doesn't affect pets?

Pull up a pet window, the buff should show up there if it is working.

It doesn't show up in the pet window, neither on bot, neither on charmed pet while aura affect them.

I guess pets are still not in team.

But can anyone confirm the same thing?

Pets do not count as a team member.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Originally posted by Littlepad
    It doesn't show up in the pet window, neither on bot, neither on charmed pet while aura affect them.

I guess pets are still not in team.

But can anyone confirm the same thing?
    OMFG!!! PETS DO NOT COUNT AS TEAM MEMBERS...WELL..so our one kinda offensive perk doesnt affect our pet,which is supossed to be a lot of our dmg dealing,ummm...im speechless..kinda ironic comin from a crat huh?
    P.S. ooh yea btw ..w/the ams nerf most prof over 1k ar is worthles anyways therefore making this add off aura stackable w/ HM speech kinda pointless anyways!thnx hv a nice bleepin day

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast