Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Perk plans

Perk plans

Well, i was just messing with AODB's perk planner and came up with this...its prolly not very good yet but its work in progress

Feel free to post your ideas or make mine better

My perk plan

Perk Planner

-Frost
    Last edited by Frost; Jul 3rd, 2004 at 21:11:37.
    Filthgrinder, Soldier Of Legion[size=0.1]
    <<<¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤(O)¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤>>>[/size]
    Do you belive?
    Which Personality Disorder Do I Have?
    My type is: KAE.
    Killer 93% - Achiever 66% - Explorer 26% - Socializer 13%
    <<<¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤(O)¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤>>>

Account Created : 2001-06-27 13:42:4

like it.

i am doing something similary, atm focusing on the healing aura and dumping spare points into street samurai.

(i began with the reaver line but noticed that the raw 2he skill is not as interesting as the street samurai buffs so i am slowly untraining the line).

i will definitely max out these lines unless i discover that going past the "best" special attack does not net me further boni.

i am unsure what governs the success/fail rate of the attacks anyway - if it is 2he i might not go to 10 samurai.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

I noticed Frost Picked Enhanced DNA over Enhanced Health.

Now I don't know the body dev and stamina point to health point translation for solitus and atrox (could someone provide those pls), so I could be way off here.

While Health appears to give you 2k more health than DNA. Enhanced DNA gives you +29 to most abilities including +29 to stamina...in addition Body dev gets a +23 boost.

With the overall effect being that while Enhanced Health give you more Health, (the difference between the two be less than 1-2k) it would be better to get +29 to say agility (to avoid one more hit from that lvl 280 mob) and +29 to strength to do another couple hundred/thousand pnts of damage.

Lets face it at that level 2k may or may not be one more hit, but the extra agility and evades associated definitely mean one less *crit*

So wouldn't it be better to put it into enhanced DNA.

--of course I'm still trying to figure out where to spend my 2nd perk point before I get my 3rd (3 days is just too long to correct a mistake).
    Davias Keltana Jr.
    -----------------------------

I am not my father's son.... I am better

On my honor, my family will be redeemed!
    Savior from the Angels of the Night

Originally posted by Davias Jr.
    While Health appears to give you 2k more health than DNA. Enhanced DNA gives you +29 to most abilities including +29 to stamina...in addition Body dev gets a +23 boost.

With the overall effect being that while Enhanced Health give you more Health, (the difference between the two be less than 1-2k) it would be better to get +29 to say agility (to avoid one more hit from that lvl 280 mob) and +29 to strength to do another couple hundred/thousand pnts of damage.

Lets face it at that level 2k may or may not be one more hit, but the extra agility and evades associated definitely mean one less *crit*
    2k = 2000...you mean 200 right?

anyway, i might be wrong but thats why we can reset our perks

anyone good with numbers and feel like finding out how much more hp a soli (or any other for the matter) will get with 33 more points in body dev?

(My setup still got 2 spare points so lets just add them to Enhance DNA for fun )

-Frost
    Do you belive?

btw...if you want more body dev you can get :

Stamina: 20
    Strength: 20
    Body development: 49

for only 3 points if you up "Freak Strength"

so...if you remove one point from "Enhance Health" and add the last 3 to "Freak Strength"

you end up with :

Max health: 920 (7 points in "Enhance Health" = Max health 1500)
    Stamina: 20
    Strength: 20
    Body development: 49

-Frost
    Last edited by Frost; Sep 15th, 2003 at 14:52:03.
    Do you belive?

So far at lv 30 my keeper has Aura of Revival II, and Reaver I, the Street Samurai line Imma tap into when I hit lv 40.

weeeeelllllll...........i was lookin at street samuri....and i noticed that it totally reems your ranged init rating.....i'm not quite sure how others feel, but i think my attack is slow enough(with a apprentice blade of tristram ql8), and adding negative init would be a major disadvantage....unless you were to use a gentlemans guard or something, but thats just my 2creds....
    the most bestest named characters on rk2!
    stinkypinky-112 agent
    phantomullet-105 keeper
    alcapone-45 advy

Originally posted by skaboss
    weeeeelllllll...........i was lookin at street samuri....and i noticed that it totally reems your ranged init rating.....
    You use melee init for any sword you might use a Keeper, so why worry about having negative ranged init which is only used for guns?

As for what my baby keeper has at level 31... she now has Aura of Revival 2 and Reaver 1. I think I will probably stay with those two till higher level, then look into Blessing and Street Samurai at least. The aura perk with the aura nano is insanely powerful at low level.

Invio's Perk Plan

Level 10 - Aura of Revival(1)
    Level 20 - Reaver(1)
    Level 30 - Aura of Revival(2)
    Level 40 - Nothing
    Level 50 - Aura of Revival(3), Blessing(1)
    Level 60 - Reaver(2)
    Level 70 - Aura of Revival(4)
    Level 80 - Reaver(3)
    Level 90 - Aura of Revival(5)
    Level 100 - Reaver(4)
    Level 110 - Aura of Revival(6)
    Level 120 - Freak Strength(1)
    Level 130 - Aura of Revival(7)
    Level 140 - Blessing(2)
    Level 150 - Aura of Revival(8)
    Level 160 - Blessing(3)
    Level 170 - Blessing(4)
    Level 180 - Reaver(5)
    Level 190 - Reaver(6)
    Level 200 - Aura of Revival(9)
    Level 201 - Freak Strength(2)
    Level 202 - Reaver(7)
    Level 203 - Reaver(8)
    Level 204 - Reaver(9)
    Level 205 - Blessing(5)
    Level 206 - Aura of Revival(10)
    Level 207 - Blessing(6)
    Level 208 - Freak Strength(3)
    Level 209 - Reaver(10)
    Level 210 - Blesing(7)
    Level 211 - Blessing(8)
    Level 212 - Blessing(9)
    Level 213 - Blessing(10)
    Level 214 - Enhance Health(1)
    Level 215 - Enhance Health(2)
    Level 216 - Enhance Health(3)
    Level 217 - Enhance Health(4)
    Level 218 - Enhance Health(5)
    Level 219 - Enhance Health(6)
    Level 220 - Enhance Health(7)

Nothing is completely in stone but this is how I will do it unless something changes my mind.
    Invio - Solitus Keeper of the Redeemed
    Armor Profile

Alocs - Atrox Enforcer
    Phytr - Opifex MA

For Atrox this one looks good...

Level 10 - Aura of Revival(1)
    Level 20 - Reaver(1)
    Level 30 - Aura of Revival(2)
    Level 40 - Nothing
    Level 50 - Aura of Revival(3), Enhance Nano(1)
    Level 60 - Enhance Nano(2)
    Level 70 - Aura of Revival(4)
    Level 80 - Enhance Nano(3)
    Level 90 - Aura of Revival(5)
    Level 100 - Enhance Nano(4)
    Level 110 - Aura of Revival(6)
    Level 120 - Freak Strength(1)
    Level 130 - Aura of Revival(7)
    Level 140 - Enhance Nano(5)
    Level 150 - Aura of Revival(8)
    Level 160 - Reaver(2)
    Level 170 - Reaver(3)
    Level 180 - Enhance Nano(6)
    Level 190 - Reaver(4)
    Level 200 - Aura of Revival(9)
    Level 201 - Freak Strength(2)
    Level 202 - Enhance Nano(7)
    Level 203 - Reaver(5)
    Level 204 - Reaver(6)
    Level 205 - Reaver(7)
    Level 206 - Aura of Revival(10)
    Level 207 - Reaver(8)
    Level 208 - Freak Strength(3)
    Level 209 - Reaver(9)
    Level 210 - Reaver(10)
    Level 211 - Street Samurai(1)
    Level 212 - Street Samurai(2)
    Level 213 - Street Samurai(3)
    Level 214 - Street Samurai(4)
    Level 215 - Street Samurai(5)
    Level 216 - Street Samurai(6)
    Level 217 - Street Samurai(7)
    Level 218 - Street Samurai(8)
    Level 219 - Street Samurai(9)
    Level 220 - Street Samurai(10)
    Armor Profile

Alocs - Atrox Enforcer
    Phytr - Opifex MA

After doing some more research I have changed my perk plan to this...

Aura of Revival - 10
    Reaver - 10
    Bio Shielding - 10
    Mountaineer - 5
    Freak Strength - 3
    Cartographer - 2

Link to Invio's Plan

You get tons of great specials including a root, 2 warps, a heal, a HoT, damage shield, absorb shield, and a bunch of attacks. Check out the link for all the info.
    Last edited by Invio; Sep 17th, 2003 at 19:00:34.
    Armor Profile

Alocs - Atrox Enforcer
    Phytr - Opifex MA

And here I was wondering why the keeper crowd wasn't getting into bio shielding.... they are. Cool.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

Freak Strength is cool. Wow. Need to get that.

I still think Aura of Revival < Blessing. Blessing gives gobs and gobs of HP and kickass heals.

Blessing is great for your own HP, but the Heals Blessing grants you are single-target, 40s-timed small-burst heals.

Let's take a look at AoR 9 vs Blessing 9:

AoR 9 - 335 hp every 9 seconds (37.2 hp/s)
    Blessing 9 - (self-only max-health 720) [recharge 40s]
    Lay On Hands - 930 HP single-target heal
    Curing Touch - 2676 Heal, Cure Blindness, Single-Target

So, in 40 seconds, with AoR 9 you could have healed your entire team for 1488 hp.

In that same 40 seconds, with Curing Touch, you can heal a total of 3606 hp.

So, the conclusion is if you frequently run in teams of 2 or less, and those teams don't already have a doctor, then yes, Blessing is more efficient (especially considering the AC reflect armor and insane max health).

But, if your team has 3 or more people in it, you're going to be doing 4464 hp of regeneration every 40 seconds. The more people in your group - the more you're out-healing the effects of Blessing.

My suggestion would be to have both of them, but pick one to be a "major". So, if you're planning on being in big teams, major in AoR. If you're planning on soloing, major in Blessing, but don't let either of them fall behind, they're both invaluable assets to the Keeper.

Aura of Revival every lvl its available

BioSheilding every other lvl

BioSheilding is by far the best perk line in the game as it has the best specials in game

BioCocoon=a lvling absorb sheild that starts at 800 and lvls to 10k at lvl 201
    BioRegrowth= an aoe HoT (or so im told have yet to see this one in action) 500pts HoT 1sec tick for 30secs (15kHPs in 30secs cant be touched)

and we all know what the aura is about
    Originally posted by Wrangeline

You can dip ure cookie in my chocolate milk anytime

I got yer cookie baby come and get it

Hmm.. the concept of that Bio Cocoon sounds great.

Think about it : You're running the HoT nano , you're running a fairly high level of the HoT perk aura. If you throw up a Bio Cocoon, you'll essentially get "free" ticks off your HoT where damage is not being done to you.

Depending on the swing speed and damage of the mob attacking you, Bio Cocoon could easily allow you to heal to full without popping a spindle/first-aid.

Bio Cocoon sounds like the perfect tool for the tank who's got aggro and the mob is hitting too hard for comfort.

lvl 50/60 perk planning

At lvl 50 I have 3 in Aura (maxed), 1 Reaver and 1 in blessing. I'm planning on taking blessing to 0 and putting it in Reaver.

At 60, Aura is maxed (3) , REaver is maxed (2) and planning on putting 1 in Bio.

Im a Trox and i solo a lot with this toon. I also have First aid skill maxed.

Is this the right thing to max my solo ability and be effective in teams?

thanks for your input.

Re: lvl 50/60 perk planning

Originally posted by Sophie9
    At lvl 50 I have 3 in Aura (maxed), 1 Reaver and 1 in blessing. I'm planning on taking blessing to 0 and putting it in Reaver.

At 60, Aura is maxed (3) , REaver is maxed (2) and planning on putting 1 in Bio.

Im a Trox and i solo a lot with this toon. I also have First aid skill maxed.

Is this the right thing to max my solo ability and be effective in teams?

thanks for your input.
    for what it is worth i value them the same way.

while the bio line is great, enhancing your survivability a long way, it is more realistic that you will join a team that has a proper tank - an enforcer.

an enforcer + healer team will love you for the healing auras.

if you want to solo, good and fast damage output is needed and reaver is superior to street samurai at least for the first levels - reaver gets an attack chain of a weak special followed by a whopass one and then another strong special whereas samurai gets... a weak special ... and then nothing until samurai lvl 9!

seppuku slash might be good but you can get it at lvl 203(!!!) whereas you can gain transfix at lvl 100.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Hrm, I guess that makes my plan a little unorthodox. I'm sticking with the Aura of Revival every level it's available. In between I'll probably up Reaver... although I'm torn between that and Street Samuri. I was thinking SS since it ups general damage amounts and adds some Parry and Riposte. Of course, with Reaver, you get a great amount of 2HE and some nice looking attacks... oh the selections...

Of course, I might end up ditching both and going with Bio Shield up to L100, then concentrate on my damage output via Reaver and SS. I know when I hit 220 (in 2 years ) I'm definately going to want 7 in Enhance DNA (+29 to all basic stats, +23 body dev) and 3 in Freak Strength ( +20 stamina/strength, +49 body dev). That gives you a total of +49 stamina/strength, +29 in everything else, and +72 in Body Dev (which I think will probably come out to a pretty decent health bonus, plus whatever the increase in strength and stamina give in body dev).
    Rimor
    - Aledif -> Does this armor make me look fat? Ugh... more mad rocks....

SEA - 86% Socializer / 66% Explorer / 26% Achiever / 20% Killer
    Temperment: ENFP (Idealist Champion)

"Have we sent the 'don't shoot us we're pathetic' transmission yet?"
    -Crichton // Out of Their Minds // Farscape

"I say we just go get the guns and go steal the stuff.'"
    - Chiana // Thanks for Sharing // Farscape

The trouble with bio shielding is that it's not much use till level 3, which you can get at 30, but you'd be crazy to take it over AoR 2.
    So you cant have the uber 800 absorb till level 50.
    When you also get fury ...

/me looks foreward to level 50.

it might be worth taking reaver 1+2 and then resetting them before you hit 50 if you're planning on leveling slowly
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast