Thread: Do you remember...?

Post Do you remember...?

Do you remember...?
    Omni Reporter Chilia

… October 12, 29209? Not many do, but I will tell you…

It is 268 years ago today that the valiant defenders of Omni-2 were slain by the clan masses under the leadership of a clan man, named Athens. The brave soldiers of Omni-2 struggled heroically to repel the clan army, but were outnumbered and outgunned. The clans had traded raw notum ore to Sol Banking, in exchange for weapons and with the help of traitors and saboteurs the clans stormed the city.

They routed out, imprisoned or executed the inhabitants of Omni-2. Soldiers, workers, women and children; it made no difference. The clansmen did not care about such details as “innocent people” when they reloaded their weapons for the next execution. The clans have even renamed the once glorious city with the name of their “hero” Commander Athens who was killed during the attack.

The tactics used by the clans, or lack of the same, completely surprised the city defenders. Sabotage disabled the automated defenses and allowed the clans to breech the walls and storm trough the gate. The fighting quickly spread to the entire city and eventually the city commander ordered a full retreat and evacuation of the city. Most of the civilians got out before the clans took the other gate. Cut off from retreat and with no were to go, the rest of the city guards courageously continued to fight killing many clanners and allowing omni citizens time to flee.

After the guards had been defeated the clansmen began looting and burning the city. Then came the executions of the captured guards and civilians. Some were only imprisoned for the remainder of their lives, but most of the defence forces were slain- wounded or not no mercy or quarter was given. It is unknown why the clan leaders, who spoke of freedom and peace, did not prevent the mass murder. No matter what they claim had been done to them, then nothing can forgive such a bloodbath.

The death of Commander Athens is but a small comfort to the survivors. It is unknown how he died. Some said he was killed while storming a Beam Cannon, along with hundreds of clansmen. Another theory is that he was assassinated while attempting to prevent the murders, which is very unlikely. Others said he simply went missing, presumed dead. There is only one thing we know for sure. The clans are still in control of Omni-2, and most employees do not understand why the company board did not send in reinforcements, or try to retake the city later. Even today, the key factions within the company are rumored to have been preparing battle plans. It is rumored that these people exist within the OTAF and Omni-Pol divisions as well as amongst the employees.

The clans are nothing more than animals, and do not obey the rules of conflict. Omni employees want revenge for the humiliation and the spirits of the dead call out from their graves. The clans must pay for the crimes of their ancestors, no matter what bloodline they are off. Be it Athens’ descendants, if any exist, or the clans in general, all must pay the price! And this reporter can only support this, and I hope that the company board will hear this plea!

Hmm... nice article. *applauds*
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

Time for a new movement to retake Omni-2 and restore it as the beautiful omni city it once was.
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

It's more like an editorial.

Perhaps our reporters should go out and conduct interviews. Then they can report the opinions of others rather then just their own.

Also, the reporting of rumours is quite unprofessional.

http://www.rtnda.org/ethics/coe.shtml
    Max "Quool" Marsalis

The fall of Omni-2 is ancient history. I am not about to lose sleep, let alone my life, over events which transpired two centuries ago. If more people learned to look forward rather than backwards all the time Rubi-Ka would be a much more peaceful place.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Well written.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

A good article - and I like it even more than I normally would due to the fact you discredit the clan butcherer by calling him Athens.

Bloody murderers.

Some noob with a plan to

1. Steal thongs
    2. ?????
    3. Dance!

(And why can't I use my proper name of "Cosmik"? OMGORZ! Nerf!!)

My words are found at n3rfed

We really ought to get omni 2 back, the clanners have let it fall into decay and there is a stench about the place. I flew through once or twice, the place looks like 100 pound so of leet droppings in a 50 pound bag.
    Atlantean Soldier.

Director of Obsoleet (@.@)/'

How about a deal? We'll obey the purely informal "rules of conflict" if Omni-Tek obeys the ICC rules on worker safety, environmental stewardship, open markets, independent audits...

I stopped in Omni-2 just yesterday. I was on my way to find some crazy robot in neighboring Wartorn Valley (I love the name the Clanners gave to that place after Omni-Tek made a bunch of holes in it. You're welcome, Clanners!) when I thought I would take a shortcut through Omni-2 and drop some rocks from my Yalmaha on the Clanners below since that always makes me smile. Well, my curiosity got the better of me and I decided to land my plane and talk to the Clanners - you know, keep in touch with the commoners.

So, there I was in the middle of Omni-2 among a herd of Clanners and I announced to them, "You know, Clanners, Omni-Tek really *is* your friend! If you all lay down your weapons and accompany me to Omni HQ, all will be forgiven and you will be given new, clean lives in return for your pledge of service to Omni-Tek! I can promise you great rewards - in fact, we were all given Philip Ross paintings rather than raises last year in a show of appreciation for our hard work! You too can know joy and happiness as an employee!"

Well, let me tell you something, those Clanners were quite rude towards me! Here I was, taking time out of my busy day to offer a helping hand and I was met with complete hostility! I say the Clanners don't deserve Omni-2! Just look at how they treated someone like me who was nice and friendly and offering them a better way of life! Pffft! For that matter, I think they must enjoy wallowing among the craters and holes in the ground in Omni-2 (You're welcome for those too, Clanners! Hee hee!) and are beyond saving. Let's just blow up the whole thing along with the Clanners then go out for coffee and pie and a bit of reflection afterwards.
    Last edited by Nevver; Oct 13th, 2003 at 03:24:57.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

ARK Exploits Team Coordinator Funkmuffin's Avatar
    Originally posted by Quool
    It's more like an editorial.

Perhaps our reporters should go out and conduct interviews. Then they can report the opinions of others rather then just their own.
    OOC: While it is very easy to comment, it is very hard to read the minds of players.

If you have an event or subject that you feel we should report on, I advise you to post it on the player events calendar or e-mail our program using the link below.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Funkmuffin; Oct 13th, 2003 at 06:02:00.
    Exploits Information and what you can do to help can be found HERE.

Originally posted by Funkmuffin

OOC: While it is very easy to comment, it is very hard to read the minds of players.

Rubbish, I thought GM's could do anything! *snicker*
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

A choice of words

The gun, the sword and energy are not the only options to fight clanners.
    I must admit that on some occasions, I use words instead. No as deadly on bodies but quite destructive on minds.

"You are the oppressor." they say
    - Yes, it's true. Without discussion, dear clanner friend, you are the liberators. All you want is freedom. Your fight is a good one obviously. We are the bad guys no doubt. My atrox friends trapped in that bloddy mine would agree !

At this precise moment, they turn a gaze full of surprise on me.

- But why are you working for Omni-Tek then ? You should join the cause of the freedom fighters !

- Hum. Let me think about it one seconde. It's a "NO". Errors were made no doubt. We're all humans.
    But I remember a city once called Omni-2 build by OT. A lot of tears and efforts were put together to build a house for the colonists. It was slaughtered by the so called "freedom fighters" and renamed with the name of the butcher who lead the horde who killed guards and innocents.
    When I review other parts or RK history, I see bombs, raids, murders, slaughters. I see innocent blood on the hands of the famous "freedom fighters".
    When I review all the wonders like insurance terminal, nano technology I only see one name linked to it: OT.
    Even recently, quite strange that OT was the company who funded JOBE...

Hum... Yes I definitely prefer to be the oppressor. All my loyalty goes to a Company building the future and bringing progress to the whole Universe not to "freedom fighters" so attuned to destruction and who forgot all the the innocent blood on their hands.

- But there are always victims during fight with oppressors ! Not our fault !

- Yes. Why not. You can think that if it is your only way to find a peacefull sleep.

Kastagueule,
    Atrox Enforcer
    Member of the Dragon de l'Enfer
    OOC: viva RP !
    Kastagueule, enforcer 207

Space Sapin

I suppose the noble clans would love to "liberate" omni 1 as well. Liberate us slaves, liberate women and children and hardened soldiers alike. If what they did to omni 2 is their definition of liberation I think the more proper word is murder. You should thank us clanners, we employees work hard every day to provide you with food water insurance, the grid we sweat andbleed for you and all you do is kill kill kill, always taking never giving. You want us to do the work and then come along and take it all from us. I for one will not stand for it, you won't take from us what we work so hard for. Omni Tek may not be perfect, may not be saintly, but I am thankful for my air, my water, my home.
    Atlantean Soldier.

Director of Obsoleet (@.@)/'