Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dust Brigade Strikes In Rome And Borialis

Post Dust Brigade Strikes In Rome And Borealis

DUST BRIGADE STRIKES IN ROME AND BOREALIS
    Investigative Reporter Legman

A peaceful afternoon was shattered by the explosions and fighting breaking out across Rubi-Ka. First in Rome and then shortly after in Boralis the infamous Dust Brigade carried out a series of attacks and one confirmed assassination.

Entering Rome via the Whompa in Rome Green, the Brigade lead by Xelona lead approximately six mutant bombs- genetically altered mutants that carried bombs inside them- to the most populated areas. Once in place, the mutants proceeded to self destruct inflicting harm to innocent bystanders in the area. Chanting “Ashes to Ashes and Dust to Dust” the mutants proceeded to explode in balls of fire, killing nearby citizens and damaging surrounding buildings. The squad leaders opened fire into the crowds spreading mayhem and destruction as they made their escape.

A few minutes later the Dust Brigade was spotted entering Borialis once more using the Whompas. The Brigade detonated several more mutants, however they did not open fire. Instead they sought out a fixer by the name of Itel. Xelona confronted Itel in front of scores of witnesses and said simply “She wants you to stop” before one of the mutant bombs grabbed Itel and exploded, killing him instantly. In the wake of the blast, members of the Brigade made good their escape.

When asked what happened, Rockjock stated, “I heard murmurings about people wishing the Dust brigade would kill off some people…. I didn't think it would happen.”

Falikos, president of Shattered Dreams, said “Any of you see any more of those people, give them a message for me. Tell them that they're mysterious 'She' they work for isn't going to get much happier, because we aren't doing anything worth killing people over.”

Confusion and anger were all that remained in the aftermath of the attack.

No one knows how the Brigade managed to pull off these attacks without being stopped by the guards in Rome or Borealis, or how they managed to attack and kill anyone in a city while the suppression gas was functioning.

The assassination of Itel and the reasons behind it remain a mystery to even his closet friends. One thing is certain, the Dust Brigade has an agenda and only they know what it is.
    Last edited by Xnemth; Oct 15th, 2003 at 01:57:59.

Stefano looked at this alarming news and pondered for a moment then began typing on his Datapad a reply.

This is some alarming news indeed but I just thought of a possible explanation for this all... it may be possible The Dust Brigade do not support Itel's idea to get rid of the Mercenaries that guard Newland. It's possible The Dust Brigade could be with the Mercenaries, you never know. If what I say is true it is most possible Kithrak is next for his meeting about the NGI (Newland Guards Intiative) also his members which were Pyromanche and someone else I can't seem to remeber. Think about what I have said for a moment.

Stefano submits his reply with a slight sense of pride.
    "I have no idea what you're talking about.."

Glenn "Stefano" Kyren - Lieutenant of The Black Company, Grandmaster Assassin for the Clans and proud supporter of Silverstone and the Sentinels.

Romulus "Arnthem" McChristian - Trigger Happy Soldier for the Company.

''The Wraiths never die, merely fade away. Only to appear when someone least expects it.'' - Shrine of the Wraith

The Black Company Forums
    Roleplaying Profile of Glenn "Stefano" Kyren

Taking that possibility to the next logical conclusion is it possible that Loren Warr is the 'she' involved?

Is Loren Warr involved with the Dust Brigade?!?
    Randome. Proud General of Link Dead, a mercenary organization. Available for assistance with blitzing, raiding, tower defense, etc. Send a tell to any of our members for more info.

Maybe, Maybe not.... She is a Omni Merc so she really cant be tied in with some neutral Brigades(Dust Brigades)..... anyways The Neutral council is really trying to get rid of the mercs now from what I have gathered..... so they wont stand to be a problem.... Just that silly warlord of Dust Brigade.... *Stands for a second and wonders to self who the Dust Brigade leader is* Yes I would say these two factors are a big problem... and they need to be Terminated right on the spot but the neutral Council wont get rid of The Mercs..... *Sighs* thats why our Council is "Going" to "Find" out why they dont want to get rid of them and replace them.....

--*Fades into the Darkness of his Jobe Apartment*--

Actually I've never come across any intelligence reports with information leading to any kind of connection between Loren Warr and the Dusters....that doesnt ever discount it, but as said not seen any yet. So far thats come to light from all the Duster attacks all the evidence nearly (well a good 80% of it) has pointed that the Dusters are working closely with some higher ups inside Omni-Tek...oddly though nothings majorly has come to clue about which elements inside OT they do function with, although most of the material seems to show its with elements not actually on Rubi-ka but back on Omni Prime.

There is alot of oddities in this attack too. Firstly the mutants which is very intreguing, and a form of attack which we havent seen from them before. Then there is the fact they actually spoke. Also quite a rarity for the Dusters consider there usual line is "Dust to Dust"....BANG!...Hello Mr Reclaim. And then there is the fact they managed to kill everyone while in a protected gas area, which as we've seen before links to some very interesting weapons.

And then there is the "she". There is alot of possibilities here and without further intelligence gathering, we'll have to hang back for now. Either way, its a disturbing sight to see the Dusters back, but then again evil has a way of always surfacing once again...
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Itel is my friend, as well as advisor, and at this time everything is being done to reconstruct him. I thank everyone yesterday that offered their skills and support to help recover from this unprovoked attack. Itel knew that taking a prominant place in helping to move forward things in Newland City would be a risk, but what happened yesterday is unacceptable. It will not however hault the progress that has been made already.

As for this 'she' that they refered to while shouting their usual 'Dust to dust'.... This is notice to you that we will not be bullied, or frightened by this attack. You will not scare us by hiding, if you have a message to send bring it yourself. This is also a warning that if you are the same woman I belive you to be, that you best pack up and leave again; your creatures won't save you this time.

-Falikos
    President - Shattered Dreams- Rimor

Midy mody mida moo? :P
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

What? no omni conspirators pointing fingers at the Council of Truth being behind the dust brigade as they invented to get rid of the peace process?

I'm very curious to know who "she" is as well, I've got some suspects but not enough to point fingers yet. Lets all stay tuned in on this.

I will agree that it might be more important than ever to remove the Sentinels from Tir as sympathizers if not outright supporters of the Dust Brigade. Is Simon willing to recognize the will of the greater Clan body and remove himself back to Mort or will it require a stronger uprising?

That is the question now at hand for Tir.

I request an immediate removal of the Clan guards at the Sentinels grid exit. Why should we protect their grid access when they terrorise clan and neutral citizens in Tir? Let Simon and the Sentinels protect their own mess up there as well as there other overstretched holdings.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Originally posted by Nyadach
    So far thats come to light from all the Duster attacks all the evidence nearly (well a good 80% of it) has pointed that the Dusters are working closely with some higher ups inside Omni-Tek...oddly though nothings majorly has come to clue about which elements inside OT they do function with, although most of the material seems to show its with elements not actually on Rubi-ka but back on Omni Prime.
    Absolutely preposterous allegations. Given that many, many Omni-Tek leaders have been targetted by the Dust Brigade's attacks (even the fervent supports of Omni-Tek, and not only the more dove-ish among us), this "intelligence", as you call it, is far from such.

Originally posted by Nyadach
    What? no omni conspirators pointing fingers at the Council of Truth being behind the dust brigade as they invented to get rid of the peace process?
    Do you not find it quite coincidental that the Dust Brigade mysteriously ends its year+ of silence after Mr. Radiman has made his (third) reappearence? Realize, Sallust, that there is no more Council of "Truth". There is no peace process. There is war, and there are terrorists. The Clan calling itself the Dust Brigade is unique only in its ability to bypass the supression gas system, but is like its peers in every other respect.

Side note: Actually, all the faction registrations of the people that attacked in Borealis were neutral.

Originally posted by Falikos
    Side note: Actually, all the faction registrations of the people that attacked in Borealis were neutral.
    ((OOC: Weren't the last DB greenies clan affiliation? Odd change...))

((Yep I think so too, when I figure it out (assuming there's an IC reason for it). I'll post it ^^))

-Fali

Originally posted by Sallust
    I will agree that it might be more important than ever to remove the Sentinels from Tir as sympathizers if not outright supporters of the Dust Brigade. Is Simon willing to recognize the will of the greater Clan body and remove himself back to Mort or will it require a stronger uprising?
    Excuse me?! Just where do you come off by accusing the Sentinel force to be supporters of the DustBrigade, Mr. Reineman? You have some guts to spit out things like that without backing it up. The Sentinels may have a thwarped view of the neutral population, a view I don't agree with, but they have always protected Tir and clan interests, and if you knew even a little of your history, you'd know that the Dustbrigades is a common enemy for every clan member, also the Sentinels.

Enough of your anti-Sentinel crusade, already!

((OOC/ Oddly enough, there's been sighting of them in Clan, Omni and Neut affiliation...not sure if its actually significant at all really or if its just the greenie playing them forgot to change the chars faction. The ones which waded way back when through Tir and Newlands were a mix of Neut/Omni affiliation so its all really confusing other than its kinda pointing to they are amongst us all, and really a threat to us all I guess.))

Ammicus, yes it all did seem very strange particually if you were one of those attacked by them. But to look at the official investigation by OT RK to the first Duster attacks "the weapons used (perma kill weapons and those capable of by passing surpression gas) have only been made in the high levels of Omni Research"...which as you might guess, is interesting.

Add to that and you have what was happening when they attacked, and what it accomplished. At the time Ross was getting close to peace with the Clans, even though many amongst his own ranks, and partically higher up didn't want this as it wasn't really how OT handles things usually. So how do you scupper the peace talks and get the Clans some seriously bad PR? shoot a few of your own leaders since they we're seriously hurt, and just messed up a bit. And while your at it blow up that housing block with the retired folk in it which you can replace with productive workers. Its a win win situation for those who did it as OT RK (who nothing seems to point to them knowing of it) goes on a big anti Clan kick and everything supports them, and the Clans fall into place and start getting shot by your forces. Job done, they disappear again.

There are certain people on planet who I can't disclose for their security, who have in the past provided alot of very useful intelligence material. Alot of material I (as ever) save for a later time (that and I don't wish to risk other peoples lives with it). I understand how it must feel Ammicus to be shot by one of you're own, but there is still a huge number of questions out their relating to these people...if you can call them that.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

I´m not Dead.

I´m not dead. im still alive.

Thank you al that suported the effort to reconstruct me, i don´t know if was your effort or something else but Im´m back.

If the bomb was designed to kill me they faild, but the aftermatch of it was rather hard.
    I feel almost as good as usual now.

And to DustBrigade, and who ever she is,
    You have attacked me, from this point on you will be treated by me in the same manner as you treated me.
    If you are afraid of dying you will never truly live

An interesting bit of news. As I have just returned to Rubi-ka from my sebatical back on Old Earth, I find this troubling. I have retaken command of the Order of Corporate Templars and my first action seems to be to demand Omni Tek take a stand against these rabble the 'Dust brigade'.

I have personally witnessed and survived their terrorist attack in the past when they first appeared. It is past time for OT to mobilize and take care of this problem.

I put this to our leaders in the corporation. Declare Martial Law on all sovereign territories. Increase the military presence in our cities and outpost. Beging manuever into Neutral territories and posts and secure our borders. Ports such as Harry's have long been vulnerable to clan insertion, it is time for OTAF to secure this.

The immediate construction of more Juggernaught class bots should begin, with armed patrols into the areas to investigate Dust brigade sitings. (The OCT will submit with this statement our research into a version of the Juggernaught that could be piloted as an assualt mech).

If a report of DB activity comes across the grid, OTAF should go in and crush the area. Yes this may cause some collateral damage, however, those that are aiding these criminals must be made to understand that the cost for helping the DB is far far greater then to fight them.

Etrigan - President of the Order of Corporate Templars
    ("...Free the might from fleshy mire! Boil the blood in heart of fire! Gone, gone the form of man! Rise the Demon Etrigan!")
    ===================

*Just another God of the Mind*

Explorer 73%
    Killer 66%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 20%

Ah the conspiracy theory game. The art of weaving a series of unconnected facts, unsupported suppositions and an unhealthy does of paranoia to finally come up with a unproven theory that somehow always reflects the owners own prejudices. But hey, I can play that game too.

The Dust Brigade are in fact elite yuttos commando force. Since the opening of the Shadowlands with have learned that the yuttos are more than just cute, ewok like creatures with a taste for signing old Norwegian Eurovison Song Contest reject entries. They are in fact the master of super science and it is yuttos technology that has always given the DB the edge.

The yuttos are of course working for Ergo, who is doesn't want to see Clan and Omni forces aiding his enemies, the Redeemed and Unredeemed, a fact made clear by the obstacles he has places in the Shadowlands to prevent OT and Clanners from travelling and gaining shadow skills. The purpose of the DB is therefore to keep the conflict alive on Rubi-Ka and keep Clan and OT forces pinned down there.

How is this any less plausible than the various wholly unsubstantiated theories that go around about OT being behind the Dust Brigade?

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Originally posted by Lillemjau
    [B]

Excuse me?! Just where do you come off by accusing the Sentinel force to be supporters of the DustBrigade, Mr. Reineman? You have some guts to spit out things like that without backing it up. The Sentinels may have a thwarped view of the neutral population, a view I don't agree with, but they have always protected Tir and clan interests, and if you knew even a little of your history, you'd know that the Dustbrigades is a common enemy for every clan member, also the Sentinels.
    Really, how do the Sentinels oppose the principles of the Dust Brigade? Do you now disagree about attacking neutrals? civillians? about only lethal force being of use?

I also seem to remember a little over a year ago when Tir was run by a free council of Clans and not dictated by a single upstart opportunist usurper who refuses a return to any form of representative or democratic rule by the people. Doesn't really seem much of any different from Omni-Tek really, only Omni-Tek has better PR.

I, Elder Sallust of The Pilgrims awaits a chance to openly dialogue with any of The Sentinels to come to an agreement.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

So-called "perma-kill" weapons are not the exclusive domain of Omni-Tek, and even if they were, such valuable commodities are certainly subject to piracy and subterfuge. Even if the actual designs of the weapons involved were Omni-Tek's, that does not necessarily mean that they were manufactured by Omni-Tek itself.

As for the Sentinels, I would not be suprised to learn that the Dust Brigade is connected to them. After all, what little evidence we have concerning this group of terrorists points ever to being aided by the Council of Truth and Henry Radiman himself. Perhaps there was a taint of collusion between the fall of the Council and the rise of the Sentinels? And now that the king terrorist is back, the Sentinels still retain control over Tir, and the Dust Brigade is again carving a path of blood across Rubi-Ka...if you wish to deal in coincidences, those are quite hard to overlook, and certainly far more compelling than vague rumours about Omni-Tek involvement.

The one thing I notice is that whenever an initiative to come to a peaceful solution is well on its way, the Dustbrigade sets in. Their only goal seems to be destabilisation and uproar.

This makes them the enemy of all of us who care for our planet and the well-being of our fellow citizens, whatever side of the conflict we are. Forget the quarrels, stop making unfounded accusations, this thread we need to face all together. Only united we stand a change to get rid of them for once and for all. Don’t play the role they want us to play.

They went for Itel this time, and the attack on Rome may very well have been aimed to eliminate Administrator Kithrak. Keep your weapons ready and come to the aid of who ever needs it.

Meanwhile, I'm pleased to hear that Itel is unharmed. Keep up the good work my friend.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast